GDT: Senators at Flames: Throwback Thursday Edition. 7pm MT on SNF

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I disagree, he wasn't much of an impact tonight, and honestly, I don't think he's been that great besides a few flashes, I think Freddie Hamilton can replace him atm. There's really no need to rush him.

Greetings London knights fan here I have say Tkachuks game would grow exponentially with another year of Junior this being last year he was one of the three Amigos this year he would be cast in a leadership role more then likely would become captain upon his return. I think he could play at the NHL level get his points here and there. he needs to grow his game I think a 18 year old Tkachuk with another year of junior and a good chance at the Memorial cup again would be great for his growth just thought I'd put that out there he's a great kid and will be a force in the NHL for years to come

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Greetings London knights fan here I have say Tkachuks game would grow exponentially with another year of Junior this being last year he was one of the three Amigos this year he would be cast in a leadership role more then likely would become captain upon his return. I think he could play at the NHL level get his points here and there. he needs to grow his game I think a 18 year old Tkachuk with another year of junior and a good chance at the Memorial cup again would be great for his growth just thought I'd put that out there he's a great kid and will be a force in the NHL for years to come

While it is likely he would dominate, would he play on the top line?
Jones is having a fantastic start (I pumped him all last year), and has obvious chemistry with Pu. I wouldn't want to see a disappointed Tkachuk sent down and get further frustrated he's not on the top line.
It would be great to see him at the WJC though :yo:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He has moments but overall his game clearly shows inexperience and lack of confidence. When he does have the chance you can tell his emotions get the best of him and fumbles the puck, either on pass of scoring chance.

As much as I want him to stay, I think sending him down to build his game would be good for him. Not a difference maker, better to wait one more year and see how he does.

I've seen the fumbles, regularly. I agree it's probably his biggest area of concern. I don't think it's a lack of confidence though, I think has to do with adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He's getting the puck and defenders are closing in on him faster than he's used to. Confidence wise I think he's fine, he's one of our best players at bringing the puck into the offensive zone. He's going to the net consistently attempting to generate scoring chances, that to me isn't a player that lacks confidence. You can also see how good his game is under the hashmarks. He protects the puck very and you can see the vision he has. He's going to start connecting more on these chances and when he does, he will be fine.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Very impressed with Chiasson so far. Hope he sticks on the top line for a bit.

Agreed. Was pretty happy with him last night.

Who would have thunk after pre-season that he would play this well?

Not I for certain haha.

Ferly looked good out there last night too. Stajan was playing with some anger too, which is always fun.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I might be eating some crow soon enough if Ferland keeps this play up.

He might be one of the fastest in game players we have. He has good possession numbers, he's solid defensively, he hits and he chips in with points. Not sure what's not to love about this guy; maybe he was inconsistent during his stint in the AHL; and thus we should hate him?

He's more or less a perfect bottom 6 guy who can step up if needed. 5 Points in 9 games. Clearly I don't think he'll be at 45+ points this year, but he should chip in for about 30. That 4th line has been dynamite for is this year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Flames' stellar developmental system at work again

#freeKulak

He might be one of the fastest in game players we have. He has good possession numbers, he's solid defensively, he hits and he chips in with points. Not sure what's not to love about this guy; maybe he was inconsistent during his stint in the AHL; and thus we should hate him?

He's more or less a perfect bottom 6 guy who can step up if needed. 5 Points in 9 games. Clearly I don't think he'll be at 45+ points this year, but he should chip in for about 30. That 4th line has been dynamite for is this year.

Ferland's been terrific to start the year. With the first line struggling the season, it's largely been the depth on the team that's getting them the wins and points. If Gaudreau and Monahan can get back to playing and producing like they should be, the Flames could, in theory, contend for the division.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I am so confused. If Kulak is not going to play then why is he even in Calgary? He's on an ELC, we can send him down and call up a press box fodder like Wotherspoon to sit on the press box.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I am so confused. If Kulak is not going to play then why is he even in Calgary? He's on an ELC, we can send him down and call up a press box fodder like Wotherspoon to sit on the press box.

This.

Plus, at their respective career stages and with respect to their likely upside, practicing with NHL'ers would be a more valuable experience for Wotherspoon while Kulak would be better served as the Heat's number one defenceman.

The Flames do weird things sometimesa lot of the times when it comes to their prospects.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
If they were losing, i would see your point.
- He's waiver-exempt. If they don't want to play him, at least send him to Stockton.
- Didn't stop them from benching Jokipakka after winning in Chicago to play Grossmann.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Who said anything about hating him? The reason I'm saying I may end up eating crow, is he's showing a lot more offensive talent than he did last year. He appears to have more upside than I thought.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Who said anything about hating him? The reason I'm saying I may end up eating crow, is he's showing a lot more offensive talent than he did last year. He appears to have more upside than I thought.

He really hasn't. He showed a lot of offensive upside last year.

The only difference is puck luck and more favourable systems.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Chiasson was capable of scoring 35pts. Again I find him to be very David Moss like, I don't mind him at all. He's been a nice surprise for a prospect that probably wouldn't have played for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad