GDT: Senators at Flames: Throwback Thursday Edition. 7pm MT on SNF

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Giordano and Wideman has really good possession numbers. The only D pair in the positive. Jyrki got shabaped tonight.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
He's not going down. More and more teams are doing this with younger players so they don't get burnt out and can get used to the NHL at a decent pace. Tkachuk is looking good, that's all that matters.

I disagree, he wasn't much of an impact tonight, and honestly, I don't think he's been that great besides a few flashes, I think Freddie Hamilton can replace him atm. There's really no need to rush him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I disagree, he wasn't much of an impact tonight, and honestly, I don't think he's been that great besides a few flashes, I think Freddie Hamilton can replace him atm. There's really no need to rush him.

He's what though, 18? I don't think he's looking out of place at all. He's not making major mistakes, I think he's being brought along exactly how the Flames are intending. He played really well against STL, I think he looks like he totally belongs. Everyone has different opinions, but I'll be shocked if he's sent down.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He's not going down. More and more teams are doing this with younger players so they don't get burnt out and can get used to the NHL at a decent pace. Tkachuk is looking good, that's all that matters.

Gulutzan's Canucks did this with Horvat as a rookie. Remember fellow London Knight Horvat had the same knocks on his skating that Tkachuk did, but by the end of his rookie season he was flying out there. I wish we had done something like that with Monahan, his skating is awful for a fourth year pro.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It was nice watching Stone out there for the Sens. The guy is elite level all around; great back pressure, take aways and overall possession.

The guy's a hockey nerds dream :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tkachuk with 9:33 TOI

Send him down

And hopefully Bennett gets the message after being bench for most of the third.

The trio who took bad penalties in tonight's game were Tkachuk, Bennett x2 and Versteeg. All had between 9 and 11 minutes.

Based on that, I think it's more likely that a message was being sent about lack of discipline (which itself is a learning experience) than Tkachuk not being trusted at the NHL level.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The bad penalties tonight were absolutely just lazy. I'm happy Gully sat them.

Two of the culprits were two of our major future building blocks; and one is a vet who should know better. You want Sam and Matthew drawing penalties by getting under opponents' skins... not clearly grabbing sticks and being lazy with their sticks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I actually thought Versteeg's penalty was hilarious and awesome.

It was certainly funny. It had no ramifications, which was nice... but that penalty in a tight game, if they score, yeesh.

All of a sudden people are on the hate wagon again.

One other thing I really like: Gulutzan's press conferences. He's a smart guy. You listen to him speak, and he's a bright guy who thinks the game. Hartley was a catch-phrase machine, but I doubt we'll ever hear about 'gut instincts' from Gully. He gave his reasons, and his reasons always have actual thought behind it. I really appreciate it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I actually thought Versteeg's penalty was hilarious and awesome.

If they score on the PP, that changes the game completely. Not funny at all. I thought he might have had a legit beef on the play, because he was tackled after not touching the puck, but if you're going to get even, do it subtly.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not going to lie, with the way some Sens fans **** on Elliott and Chiasson I am thrilled they had big games tonight.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I was out all day, but hilarious GDT and big win :)

Also, not sure why, but for some reason, I never really liked the Sens. They just.... bother me. no idea why tho :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Not going to lie, with the way some Sens fans **** on Elliott and Chiasson I am thrilled they had big games tonight.

I was gonna say, all those shots and they still couldn't put more than two past this backup of ours :sarcasm:

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
He's what though, 18? I don't think he's looking out of place at all. He's not making major mistakes, I think he's being brought along exactly how the Flames are intending. He played really well against STL, I think he looks like he totally belongs. Everyone has different opinions, but I'll be shocked if he's sent down.

He has moments but overall his game clearly shows inexperience and lack of confidence. When he does have the chance you can tell his emotions get the best of him and fumbles the puck, either on pass of scoring chance.

As much as I want him to stay, I think sending him down to build his game would be good for him. Not a difference maker, better to wait one more year and see how he does.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
if you ever see a sens fan talk ****

ask them for their opinion on how they feel about letting chara go for free and keeping wade redden
Or Elliott for Anderson, or Bishop for Lehner or Lehner for Hammond. Sylvester was an absolute terrible GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad