Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You might notice when you grow up who attacked the TEAM, and who attacked the POSTER. Figure it out.

Guess there is a lot of truth to what I wrote, since the TBL fans are taking it so personally, and attacking me and not my posts.

The surest sign I am right, thanks so much.:thumbu:
There's nothing I can say here that can have any effect on the Islanders as a *team*, though.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
its just that, i was mocking your post with a classic joke trope of "incident A is not true, so i will post an equally ridiculous incident B which is also untrue" but then you responded with this which doesnt at all fit into the context of our discourse. its almost like....like you dont know how jokes work? what the hell?
The Lazar post was pointless. The cross check Barzal gave him was to his arm pushing his shoulder pad up. The two incidents are not similar in any way.

Reactions: NYSaints

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

In his defense it is easy to an elbow up high on Mayfield because he is so short.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What a massive whooping. Islanders players are probably hoping they dropped that game before this one so they could be out of their misery.
I hear Toronto has some nice courses in the surrounding towns. Any recommendations?

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Barzal earned a suspension. It was a stupid move with the intent to injure after the period and in a game that was a blowout already. I doubt he will be suspended and that will put an asterisk on the fact if you are a media darling you can get way with crap sort of like Crosby and Marchand have year after year. Then Barzal will think he can keep on being a dirty punk.
Kuch was suspended a few years ago with a similar dumb move out of frustration but the Bolts have gotten used to zero love.

Reactions: bigdaddio and Hoek

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
GenerousGrossAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Much like PIT was back from 09-16, I'm sure Tampa is pretty widely disliked by players around the league

Of course competitive players wouldn’t want a team to be so far superior in terms of accomplishments.

They certainly want the Bolts to lose.

But they certainly want to join the TBL as well.

KD isn’t rooting for LeBron to get more titles.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've seen some comments about Tampa " running up the score " last night in various media outlets ( here, sports radio, etc etc ). I never understood why this is an issue with fans of pro sports. Sure, in little league/pee-wee, a mercy rule should be used. But these are pro athletes and they're doing their job. You play the game start to finish like you've been trained and coached to do, regardless of the score. If the other team isn't matching that level of effort and intensity because of the scoreboard, that's on them.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
These games happen. Islanders ain't done.
Last non bubble playoff, Washington blew out Carolina 6-0 in game 5 to take a 3-2 lead. Carolina won the next two to advance. And Vegas destroyed San Jose 5-0 in game 4 to go up 3-1. San Jose won 3 straight to take the series.

That's just recently. Good teams do bounce back from blowouts. Islanders ain't done. Yet.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad