Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
They're very old on offense. That needs to be fixed or they're window is maybe 3 more years at most. G/D have no problems at all but that offense has to get younger. They can start with Eichel...just sayin
Im not sure there is much difference in Barzal and Jack they are pretty equal. The roster is flexable and Trotz does not need mutiple superstars to win. Adding depth scoring in the bottom 9 would be ideal but there biggest issue will be in net but then again they have Mitch Korn who IMO is the best goalie coach in the league.

What I am saying I guess is that the team is still improving under Trotz they will get to the top sooner rather than later. Now as a Tampa fan I see our window as 3 more years as well. But we will take a hit this offseason to get under the Cap. You just can not have stuff happen like Kuch needing surgery to bail you out each year. We are going to lose some key players this summer depth guys the core will remain in tact But the light at the end of the tunnel grows brighter.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
The Islanders chance will come they remind me of Tampa from about 4 years ago. They now have the coach to get them there the only thing that could F it all up is the front office.

IMO they are a couple forwards away. But with their current pieces, and Trotz, they’ll be knocking on the door constantly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What a massive whooping. Islanders players are probably hoping they dropped that game before this one so they could be out of their misery.

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
Isles checked out after 3-0, pathetic performance but the lowest lows come before the highest highs. I could see how giving up two goals each to a threadbare Stamkos and Killorn could break your focus, that was the most embarrassing part of the night.

They won game 4 three days ago, just repeat that performance tomorrow and it's going back to Tampa. Not much else to worry about to be honest, everyone expects the Isles to bend over anyway, leave it all out there. Also, if Barzy gets a game, roll a completely fresh line with Wahlstrom, MDC, Bellows. Pull out all the stops, get weird with it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles checked out after 3-0, pathetic performance but the lowest lows come before the highest highs. I could see how giving up two goals each to a threadbare Stamkos and Killorn could break your focus, that was the most embarrassing part of the night.

They won game 4 three days ago, just repeat that performance tomorrow and it's going back to Tampa. Not much else to worry about to be honest, everyone expects the Isles to bend over anyway, leave it all out there. Also, if Barzy gets a game, roll a completely fresh line with Wahlstrom, MDC, Bellows. Pull out all the stops, get weird with it.
Bellows might be the best option of the 3 if they pull out Zajac or Leo. He seems to be the most physical and has a solid release when he decides to actually shoot.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
I don’t know. Tampa has been run great. They’re drafting has been top notch. Really only Stamkos and Hedman were high picks. You could argue Vasy but it takes conviction to pick a goalie in the first round and they got it right.

They got Point and Kucherov after the first round and they’re mega stars. That’s huge. Then you throw in guys like Palat, Gourde, and Killhorn. Just really good stuff from their scouting and development departments.

Gourde reminds me of Marchand light.

the islanders have done a decent job but they don’t have any superstars. That’s why I wanted Panarin so bad. We’ve made it this far with Leo f***ing Komorov on our top line lol

Tampa has 4 legit superstars in Point Kucherov Hedman and Vasy. 5 if you still count Stamkos. And they’ve signed them all to really good contracts.

Stamkos is a superstar imo.

Reactions: PaulGG and SI90

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
No sane adult is going to deny the TBL are massively talented with multiple possible hall of famers like Hedman, Stamkos, etc. But it can also be said that they are a team prone to dirtbag play; diving, embellishments, etc., that undermine their reputation and respect they receive around the league. It is no accident they were the most penalized team in the NHL this past year.

It would behoove the NHL to end the salary cap loophole, and it would also make sense to review Vasilevsky's circus-tent sized chest protector and gear, which have reached sufficient proportions he could hide several of his team mates underneath his oversized jersey.

They are the better team, and as a fan who prefers skill over physicality in my hockey, I respect what they can do on this ice. The problem is they also do many things out there that are quite atrocious, and will always taint their cups IMO - they lack class, and kucherov and a few others like ratta have none.

Get destroyed and decided the best way was to come on here and cry, Seems legit. Also it’s ironic that the isles were the dirty ones yet here you are trying to claim the opposite.

Last edited:

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
What a massive whooping. Islanders players are probably hoping they dropped that game before this one so they could be out of their misery.
Yeah, sure :nod: It's hockey. Bad games happen. Now they just have to make sure it doesn't happen to them twice in a row and play a good game 6 to get to game 7. We have a great guys in the locker room and a great staff around them, they will be ready for tomorrow.

But looking at your avatar I can understand the mentality, your team has the exact same it seems :sarcasm:

Green

Nov 13, 2019
The Islanders chance will come they remind me of Tampa from about 4 years ago. They now have the coach to get them there the only thing that could F it all up is the front office.
wish I felt as confident as you, you still need elite players to win it all unless you can have a 1 off year where everything falls into place, for the Islanders to give what they give especially with the lack of superstars is alot and I have a feeling they are going to stumble around mediocrity for the next few years and than it will be tough times as the lack of prospects and aging contracts is going to hit

Reactions: NYSaints

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
By around the league, you mean whinny losers on HFB, right? I imagine they get tons of respect from their peers. Probably all that matters to them, and why not? Who cares about manchildren on the internet?

No bobby, I was referring to the rest of the NHL PLAYERS.

Who I would imagine if polled, would prefer the TBL to lose.

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
You should formally protest. Start a petition.You really should cut down on the salt.It is bad for your health.It is posts like these that make me smile and feel that schadenfruede for a fleeting moment. I'm so sorry we did this to you. Get well my friend.

I am an old guy, so when I see idiotic, childish, taunting posts like this all I can do is laugh. Sonny boy I've been around a long time, long enough to know the world is like a wheel - sometime you are on top, and sometimes not. Its how you behave at both extremes that is the measure of your character, which is clearly lacking in spades.

Unlike the TBL players and some fans represented by low class ones like this, I will take the high road and say just this: enjoy your time on top because eventually TBL will inevitably suck again and when they do, hope fans of other teams show FAR more class than what you are presenting here.

Reactions: Byrddog

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
Get destroyed and decided the best way was to come on here and cry, Seems legit. Also it’s ironic that the isles were the dirty ones yet here you are trying to claim the opposite.

"the islanders were the dirty ones"

Checks NHL stats...TBL led NHL in penalty minutes, NYI 2nd least...

kucherov et al diving and embellishing all over the place.

Next time I go to a TBL game I'll bring a pillow and blankie so TBL players like rutta can be more comfortable when they lie on the ice for a nap.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I am an old guy, so when I see idiotic, childish, taunting posts like this all I can do is laugh. Sonny boy I've been around a long time, long enough to know the world is like a wheel - sometime you are on top, and sometimes not. Its how you behave at both extremes that is the measure of your character, which is clearly lacking in spades.

Unlike the TBL players and some fans represented by low class ones like this, I will take the high road and say just this: enjoy your time on top because eventually TBL will inevitably suck again and when they do, hope fans of other teams show FAR more class than what you are presenting here.

LMAO X2

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Next time I go to a TBL game I'll bring a pillow and blankie so TBL players like rutta can be more comfortable when they lie on the ice for a nap.
you can probably go to one next week.

meanwhile, coincidentally i bet your schedule will be cleared up

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

You totally rip our team and when someone gives it back to you...you fall to pieces.

Stay strong man. Stay strong. You'll get through this. We got your back.

Feel to ask around. I'm always complimentary and fair. But when one of you crosses the line I will there to make sure you know about it.

You got called out on your sour grapes. Take it like the man you say you are.

If that's your high road...no wonder you are getting smacked around.

Reactions: jahbless

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
You mean the Bruins player who got hurt when his foot got caught after a shoulder to shoulder hit causing him to fall funny?
remember in the third period of last nights game when cizakas bent over to tie his skate laces, and Goodrow got a cross-checking penalty?

Reactions: auximenes

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Kind of like the elbow that Coleman threw on Nelson in game 4 that got the same reaction as the McNabb punch.
its just that, i was mocking your post with a classic joke trope of "incident A is not true, so i will post an equally ridiculous incident B which is also untrue" but then you responded with this which doesnt at all fit into the context of our discourse. its almost like....like you dont know how jokes work? what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad