Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
No sane adult is going to deny the TBL are massively talented with multiple possible hall of famers like Hedman, Stamkos, etc. But it can also be said that they are a team prone to dirtbag play; diving, embellishments, etc., that undermine their reputation and respect they receive around the league. It is no accident they were the most penalized team in the NHL this past year.

It would behoove the NHL to end the salary cap loophole, and it would also make sense to review Vasilevsky's circus-tent sized chest protector and gear, which have reached sufficient proportions he could hide several of his team mates underneath his oversized jersey.

They are the better team, and as a fan who prefers skill over physicality in my hockey, I respect what they can do on this ice. The problem is they also do many things out there that are quite atrocious, and will always taint their cups IMO - they lack class, and kucherov and a few others like ratta have none.
By around the league, you mean whinny losers on HFB, right? I imagine they get tons of respect from their peers. Probably all that matters to them, and why not? Who cares about manchildren on the internet?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
By around the league, you mean whinny losers on HFB, right? I imagine they get tons of respect from their peers. Probably all that matters to them, and why not? Who cares about manchildren on the internet?

The problem is this shenanigans from Tampa as someone said on twitter is basically gonna "Jazz" teams like the Isles and probably VGK. Two teams who were good for 4-5 years and in any other ERA win a cup probably won't because the Bolts were the Bulls, but unfairly so

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Puck luck? Islanders have hit post or crossbar multiple times in every game this playoffs. They didn't get this far from luck.

That would be like saying Tampa won yesterday thanks to all the deflected goals. They won because they outplayed the opponent.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They are the better team, and as a fan who prefers skill over physicality in my hockey, I respect what they can do on this ice. The problem is they also do many things out there that are quite atrocious, and will always taint their cups IMO - they lack class, and kucherov and a few others like ratta have none.
Mmm.... taint....

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
The problem is this shenanigans from Tampa as someone said on twitter is basically gonna "Jazz" teams like the Isles and probably VGK. Two teams who were good for 4-5 years and in any other ERA win a cup probably won't because the Bolts were the Bulls, but unfairly so
LV? They've made 1 cup finals, right? I guessed I missed them being beaten by TB:huh:
Also, the NYI deserved a cup in the last 4-5 years?:laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
LV? They've made 1 cup finals, right? I guessed I missed them being beaten by TB:huh:
Also, the NYI deserved a cup in the last 4-5 years?:laugh:

They beat Dallas last year and beat VGK or MTL this year so you can argue if not for Tampa year they probably win one

Reactions: NYSaints

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
They beat Dallas last year and beat VGK or MTL this year so you can argue if not for Tampa year they probably win one
Yes they beat Dallas last year, so what? Where the Bolts over the cap last year? Must've missed that too.

Edit
In fact your entire line of reasoning is bewildering. Comparing them to the Bulls? They won six titles in their run...the Bolts are at one:huh:

Reason 65852 why you should never listen to twatter.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Puck luck? Islanders have hit post or crossbar multiple times in every game this playoffs. They didn't get this far from luck.

That would be like saying Tampa won yesterday thanks to all the deflected goals. They won because they outplayed the opponent.
yup very strong showing from tampa. Quite hard to watch as an isles fan.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Remember when the Islanders were the highest scoring team in the playoffs? They're now second after last night. Goal difference is now only +1. Lightning are +21.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
No sane adult is going to deny the TBL are massively talented with multiple possible hall of famers like Hedman, Stamkos, etc. But it can also be said that they are a team prone to dirtbag play; diving, embellishments, etc., that undermine their reputation and respect they receive around the league. It is no accident they were the most penalized team in the NHL this past year.

It would behoove the NHL to end the salary cap loophole, and it would also make sense to review Vasilevsky's circus-tent sized chest protector and gear, which have reached sufficient proportions he could hide several of his team mates underneath his oversized jersey.

lmao

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Still wondering why Goodrow would throw a crosscheck like that in the dying minutes of an 8-0 win. Like...why?
While I think it was a really light crosscheck and more of an embellishment by Cizikas than anything, it's just a stupid thing to do. Why would you piss off a team losing 8-0? You're just asking Martin to lose his head and go full neanderthal on Point or whoever. I don't mind them running up the score because if you stop at 5, then the Islanders get two goals, all of a sudden you have a game on your hands... But have some respect for your opponent and lower the temperature of the game. Don't poor gas on a fire. It's just stupid

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

You should formally protest.

Start a petition.

You really should cut down on the salt.

It is bad for your health.

It is posts like these that make me smile and feel that schadenfruede for a fleeting moment.

I'm so sorry we did this to you. Get well my friend.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
yup very strong showing from tampa. Quite hard to watch as an isles fan.
I turned it off after 4-0. There was going to be nothing good from watching the rest of it as an Isles fan. Every team has one of these games. Not only are they soundly beaten, they also give up a couple of goals off crazy bounces or off their own defenders.

Easier to digest that kind of loss though, so I don't think Tampa's "in their heads" or that "the real Tampa showed up". Opening goal of game 6 is going to determine a whole lot. Isles desperately need to get an early lead and aggressively forecheck the crap out of the Lightning. If they don't, could be a lopsided win in Tampa's favor (and not because of flukey goals, TB could get juiced if they go up a goal early).

Regardless of what happens it's been a fun series to watch, though agita-inducing to say the least.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing...
Cashback Match.gif

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The Islanders chance will come they remind me of Tampa from about 4 years ago. They now have the coach to get them there the only thing that could F it all up is the front office.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Islanders chance will come they remind me of Tampa from about 4 years ago. They now have the coach to get them there the only thing that could F it all up is the front office.

They're very old on offense. That needs to be fixed or they're window is maybe 3 more years at most. G/D have no problems at all but that offense has to get younger. They can start with Eichel...just sayin

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It happens. Gotta play like there is no tomorrow for the isles facing elimination. Game 6 you have to leave everything you have on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSaints

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I don’t know. Tampa has been run great. They’re drafting has been top notch. Really only Stamkos and Hedman were high picks. You could argue Vasy but it takes conviction to pick a goalie in the first round and they got it right.

They got Point and Kucherov after the first round and they’re mega stars. That’s huge. Then you throw in guys like Palat, Gourde, and Killhorn. Just really good stuff from their scouting and development departments.

Gourde reminds me of Marchand light.

the islanders have done a decent job but they don’t have any superstars. That’s why I wanted Panarin so bad. We’ve made it this far with Leo f***ing Komorov on our top line lol

Tampa has 4 legit superstars in Point Kucherov Hedman and Vasy. 5 if you still count Stamkos. And they’ve signed them all to really good contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad