Semifinals: Montreal Canadiens vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Canadiens lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
DeBoer f***ed himself by putting Fleury back in. He wasn't that bad (not great either), but Lehner was better and now putting him back in just distracting and the net looks like a circus.
Vegas was thoroughly outplayed from start to finish tonight. It was a weird call for sure, but unless Lehner was going to score and win
battles to loose pucks, I don’t see how it would’ve impacted the result.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
DeBoer f***ed himself by putting Fleury back in. He wasn't that bad (not great either), but Lehner was better and now putting him back in just distracting and the net looks like a circus.

Nah, can't blame Fleury at all for any of the games. He's their no1, he deserves to be there. Lehner was probably in just to rest Fleury.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Seen multiple instances of that in scrums throughout the playoffs — over and over.

Complain about a trip that impacts play, a hook, interference, etc. Fine. But if you are complaining about a roughing call away from the play in which both players were jostling, grabbing sticks, wrestling, etc., you’re going to be disappointed. Not saying it wasn’t roughing but that happens regularly through the playoffs.
Except Suzuki wasn't jostling. He tried to score, and didn't even touch the goalie. He got mauled, got his head pushed to the ice, then got punched in the face. C'mon man, that's a clear roughing call.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
wow... Montreal......

this team believes in each other. They believe in themselves. The goals they scored on the Vegas tonight..... no Canuck players would have had this kind of poise to pass it back and forth to finish shit off.... well done habs.

Believe in red. This team I think knows they can really beat the Knights now. Knights better careful. It's too bad Montreal won't have a packed stadium.

eliasjx

Apr 23, 2018
Vancouver
And yet. Tampa will sweep them
Yup. Cinderella stories usually go to the conference finals and only cup finals very rarely. When is the last time a cinderella team like the Habs won the cup? They remind me of the 2017 Sens that took the Pens to Game 7 OT in the ECF, or 2006 Oilers that took the Canes to Game 7 in the SCF.

History shows that ultimately the better team will come out on top, and eventually the overachievers streak will run out. If Vegas weren't underachievers, they would be leading. They are the better constructed team on paper.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Yup. Cinderella stories usually go to the conference finals and only cup finals very rarely. When is the last time a cinderella team like the Habs won the cup? They remind me of the 2017 Sens that took the Pens to Game 7 OT in the ECF, or 2006 Oilers that took the Canes to Game 7 in the SCF.

History shows that ultimately the better team will come out on top, and eventually the overachievers streak will run out. If Vegas weren't underachievers, they would be leading. They are the better constructed team on paper.

I'm a Habs fan and the Lighting are obvious favorites, especially with them spending over the cap.

eliasjx

Apr 23, 2018
Vancouver
I'm a Habs fan and the Lighting are obvious favorites, especially with them spending over the cap.
I'd agree with you there. Tampa's situation is an incredibly unfair advantage. Could you imagine what the other 3 teams could have done with 18 million more to spend on players. If there was any fairness left in the NHL, the Isles would beat them. And if not, then MTL/VGK in the finals. But I'm not optimistic about those chances.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I'd agree with you there. Tampa's situation is an incredibly unfair advantage. Could you imagine what the other 3 teams could have done with 18 million more to spend on players. If there was any fairness left in the NHL, the Isles would beat them. And if not, then MTL/VGK in the finals. But I'm not optimistic about those chances.
Agreed, 18 million gets you McDavid and you'd still have 5.5 left, that's why I am cheering for the Islanders.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Not sure how anyone could blame the Vegas goaltending, pretty hard for them to score goals.
They should go back to Fleury next game, he got them this far.

Reactions: Lshap

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

How many times does the 18 million figure have to be debunked before dishonest people like you finally feel foolish for repeating it?

It's half of that, it will always be half of that, the pouting and whining and stomping of feet from fans of inferior hockey teams will never change reality.

Reactions: Mach2 and J T Money

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
How many times does the 18 million figure have to be debunked before dishonest people like you finally feel foolish for repeating it?

It's half of that, it will always be half of that, the pouting and whining and stomping of feet from fans of inferior hockey teams will never change reality.
So your defense is that Tampa is only circumventing the cap by a measely 9 million?

"Officer, you have to let me go. I was only stealing HALF the money from the register!"

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Question for vegas fans, with how much the Vegas forwards have been struggling why has Cody Glass not been given a shot? Hell even Krebs, Montreal is thriving with young players making an impact.

tsn.png

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

"Officer, my blood alcohol content was NOT .30. It was only .15, so let me go will ya?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad