Semifinals: Montreal Canadiens vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Canadiens lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Vegas was desperate and were very very lucky to tie the series. I don't think they'll get that same luck in game 5.

As for the reffing, it's a disgrace. And let's not pretend that it's just Habs fans noticing. Neutral fans, commentators, analysts are all vocal about it. Hopefully the karma comes through and Vegas goes home.

Habs deserved the game last night and lost
Vegas was by far the better team in game 3 and lost.
Series is even. Right where it should be

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Habs deserved the game last night and lost
Vegas was by far the better team in game 3 and lost.
Series is even. Right where it should be
Vegas is only in this because the refs keep looking the other way. Even if the Habs don't score on the PPs it changes the games and it would've been much harder for Vegas to even be competitive. Vegas was incredibly underwhelming in game 3. They got rope a doped and the shot totals don't reflect the game that was played.

If you were to tell me that the series would be 2-2 before it started it wouldn't surprise me but the reffing has been unacceptable. Vegas does not deserve a split. But that's hockey and here we are.

Habs in 6

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Looking again at the Suzuki-McNabb incident, holy hell is Chris Lee a goddamn incompetent and I wonder if that might be the breaking point for the league regarding keeping him on for big games. HOW DO YOU GOOF THAT UP?
I get the frustration regarding the officiating. We all have beefs and it’s not been good.

However, this Suzuki McNabb stuff is nonsense. I’ve seen 75+ scrums like this in the playoffs. If you called every punch, grab, shove, that happened you’d have dozens of PM’s every single game (except the Habs - Leafs series in which the Leafs were so docile the whole thing was void of even mild dislike).

Plenty of missed calls/bad calls to beef over. But the McNab punch? Come on. At best that was a situation that could have called for matching just to calm things down.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's why you compare rosters which you ignored in my post. So how do the rosters for Montreal/Edmonton/Winnipeg/Toronto compare to Pittsburgh/Washington/Boston/Islanders?
You can't compare rosters unless the rosters play each other. Without face-to-face evidence, all you have is imagination and wishful thinking.

Wait... we do have a little data: Montreal beat Pittsburgh the last series they played.

Reactions: Gravity and 417

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nothing imaginary about it. Leafs are the only “good” team on paper. The rest are bad to mediocre. Then look at playoff success the last several years. Aside from Winnipeg, not good.

sometimes mediocre teams win.

the NFLEast of the NHL
Calling the losing team "Good" and the winning team "Bad to mediocre" is the definition of imagination.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I mean if they would let the players play on both sides I could get with that....

But the dangerous ones NEED to be called. High stick on Perry, the punch on Suzuki, boarding of Weber and yes The elbow Chiarot gave to Stephenson.

Someone is going to be hurt worse if this continues.....
Agreed. It's one thing if the refs didn't do their jobs well. These refs didn't do their jobs, period.

I predicted Lee and whatsisface have reffed their last game this playoffs. Haven't checked for updates, but I wonder if the league will allow them to taint the game any further.

Reactions: Habssince89

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I get the frustration regarding the officiating. We all have beefs and it’s not been good.

However, this Suzuki McNabb stuff is nonsense. I’ve seen 75+ scrums like this in the playoffs. If you called every punch, grab, shove, that happened you’d have dozens of PM’s every single game (except the Habs - Leafs series in which the Leafs were so docile the whole thing was void of even mild dislike).

Plenty of missed calls/bad calls to beef over. But the McNab punch? Come on. At best that was a situation that could have called for matching just to calm things down.

That's a call everytime in every single era. And if he'd given matching penalties he should have been pelted with soap in a pillow after the game. Tolerating a couple of shoves is fine but you can't just sock a guy like that when there's no indication that he's looking to square up. It's not like he just put his glove in his face. He outright socked him. It was a very dangerous play.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Agreed. It's one thing if the refs didn't do their jobs well. These refs didn't do their jobs, period.

I predicted Lee and whatsisface have reffed their last game this playoffs. Haven't checked for updates, but I wonder if the league will allow them to taint the game any further.

Im not so sure. I mean if they are taken off the series it means the NHL acknowledges they were bad or made mistakes. I doubt The NHL would do that.

I mean for sure in the backrooms but in public, no chance

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You can't compare rosters unless the rosters play each other. Without face-to-face evidence, all you have is imagination and wishful thinking.

Wait... we do have a little data: Montreal beat Pittsburgh the last series they played.

Cool. Edmonton, Winnipeg and the Leafs aren't cup contenders.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That's a call everytime in every single era. And if he'd given matching penalties he should have been pelted with soap in a pillow after the game. Tolerating a couple of shoves is fine but you can't just sock a guy like that when there's no indication that he's looking to square up. It's not like he just put his glove in his face. He outright socked him. It was a very dangerous play.
Seen multiple instances of that in scrums throughout the playoffs — over and over.

Complain about a trip that impacts play, a hook, interference, etc. Fine. But if you are complaining about a roughing call away from the play in which both players were jostling, grabbing sticks, wrestling, etc., you’re going to be disappointed. Not saying it wasn’t roughing but that happens regularly through the playoffs.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Seen multiple instances of that in scrums throughout the playoffs — over and over.

Complain about a trip that impacts play, a hook, interference, etc. Fine. But if you are complaining about a roughing call away from the play in which both players were jostling, grabbing sticks, wrestling, etc., you’re going to be disappointed. Not saying it wasn’t roughing but that happens regularly through the playoffs.

That wasn't a scrum. You can't just sock a guy in the face in the middle of play.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

They have been reffing like they aren’t far from the taint

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What are the chances Fleury plays game 5?
A normal coach would continue with Lehner, but Deboer is not a normal coach.

dnl4ever

Oct 28, 2010
Scoring first
TBL 10-1
MTL 9-2
NYI 5-1
VGK 4-2

Trailing first
TBL 0-4
MTL 1-3
NYI 5-5
VGK 6-5

by your definition, TBL IS the one-trick pony.

Habs isn't a top 4 team.
But the Habs plays a system and respects it. That's the playoffs.

They aren't the most talented. But every player is implicated.
There isn't a single player who lack commitment (there was one, but got scratched since then)

VGK is way better than the Habs on paper.

perfect description. that guy' 2 cents is, no sense.

dnl4ever

Oct 28, 2010
Lehner has the slowest lateral movement in the league. How is he almost as athletic as one of the most athletic goalies to ever play in the NHL?
he won the game so they can all said lehner is good & that. what about his 1st game got smoked 7 goals.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Has anyone noticed that the Habs-Vgk and Tampa-Nyi series are mirroring one another. Nyi and Vgk win game 1. Montreal and Tampa win game 2. Tampa and Mtl win game 3. Nyi and Vgk win game 4 in a close game. Tampa routs in game 5. Incoming Habs rout tomorrow? :sarcasm:
i've noticed the habs and isles fans are united in their reffing concerns

dnl4ever

Oct 28, 2010
Looking again at the Suzuki-McNabb incident, holy hell is Chris Lee a goddamn incompetent and I wonder if that might be the breaking point for the league regarding keeping him on for big games. HOW DO YOU GOOF THAT UP?
he didn't, he just intended not calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad