Semifinals: Montreal Canadiens vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Canadiens lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
So your defense is that Tampa is only circumventing the cap by a measely 9 million?

"Officer, you have to let me go. I was only stealing HALF the money from the register!"

If you're going to provide an example, make it equivalent. And I don't need to provide a defense about something that isn't a valid argument. If what Tampa did was against the rules it wouldn't have happened. If what Tampa did was the difference between them getting this far or not, last year they wouldn't have won it all. If what Tampa did was truly that impactful, people on here wouldn't need to double (and often times more) the amount over the cap they are in the playoffs.

If the truth is bad enough you don't go with lies, right? I think a toddler can figure that out. The reality is Tampa is one of the best constructed teams of all time, nearly all of their best players were drafted. That's unheard of in professional sports today, not just hockey. They won the Cup last year and might do it again this year because of their scouting and drafting, there's not one other reason.

How many teams can sit their best player for an entire regular season and still make the playoffs? Literally maybe only Tampa. It's the pinnacle of ignorance to believe Tampa is where they are because of a few million bucks over the cap. That's a ludicrous take and if you hold that view you should be ashamed.

Reactions: Mach2 and sinDer

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Going into this round I said Habs in 5, so I was fairly confident Habs could win. But majority of people were saying 1 of 2 things. Either:

1. Habs have no chance, Vegas to win easily, likely in 4-5 games

or

2. The only way Habs could win is if Price absolutely steals this round, highway robbery

Price has been fantastic. Rock Solid. But I honestly don't feel he's stealing this round. Habs have played great as a team, both with solid team defense and timely offense. If Habs win, I think this is a great team effort. They've been the better team so far through 6 games

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yup. Cinderella stories usually go to the conference finals and only cup finals very rarely. When is the last time a cinderella team like the Habs won the cup? They remind me of the 2017 Sens that took the Pens to Game 7 OT in the ECF, or 2006 Oilers that took the Canes to Game 7 in the SCF.

History shows that ultimately the better team will come out on top, and eventually the overachievers streak will run out. If Vegas weren't underachievers, they would be leading. They are the better constructed team on paper.
But games and series are played on the ice.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Wow a proper officiated hockey game with the expected result who knew??

Now hopefully the Lee&O’Rourke AssClownsRUs duo are nowhere to be seen for Game 6

tell me it went your way without telling me it went your way......hahaha jk, dont care who wins.

i wonder if you would be saying the same thing had the score been reversed.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
And yet. Tampa will sweep them
Leafs will spank the Habs, zero chance...
The Jets will take of the Habs, 5 games max...
The dream is dead, Vegas will crush the Habs....
Everyone should just let the games give us the results, not mindless quotes from keyboard warriors.
Of course Tampa is the better team, but the Habs still have to take care of their business..........and so does the Lightning, the Isles aren't done yet.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If you're going to provide an example, make it equivalent. And I don't need to provide a defense about something that isn't a valid argument. If what Tampa did was against the rules it wouldn't have happened. If what Tampa did was the difference between them getting this far or not, last year they wouldn't have won it all. If what Tampa did was truly that impactful, people on here wouldn't need to double (and often times more) the amount over the cap they are in the playoffs.

If the truth is bad enough you don't go with lies, right? I think a toddler can figure that out. The reality is Tampa is one of the best constructed teams of all time, nearly all of their best players were drafted. That's unheard of in professional sports today, not just hockey. They won the Cup last year and might do it again this year because of their scouting and drafting, there's not one other reason.

How many teams can sit their best player for an entire regular season and still make the playoffs? Literally maybe only Tampa. It's the pinnacle of ignorance to believe Tampa is where they are because of a few million bucks over the cap. That's a ludicrous take and if you hold that view you should be ashamed.
All the BS your spewing doesn't change the fact that being allowed to have an extra 9 mil allowed on your roster is a clear advantage.
Imagine if the Habs could have 18 mil added to their roster. 9 mil to match your team and an extra 9 mil like your team has over every other team.

SealsFan4Life

May 22, 2019
Ontario, CA
Would the outcome been different if Lehner started?
I'm glad Fleury started. Give him a game to R&R.
Wouldn't be surprised if Lehner gets the nod for game 6 tho..
It's DeBoer!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Congratulations Montreal on the win, the better team won tonight. Montreal have been great in game 2, 3, 4, 5, and frustrating Vegas and not giving them anything. To their credit Vegas have done an outstanding job too of letting them. If Vegas wants to take this series to 7 games, they have to start playing at 5pm Eastern... by the time they score in the 3rd period of the warm up they might actually be ready for the actual game for once. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
All the BS your spewing doesn't change the fact that being allowed to have an extra 9 mil allowed on your roster is a clear advantage.
Imagine if the Habs could have 18 mil added to their roster. 9 mil to match your team and an extra 9 mil like your team has over every other team.

Agreed.... Although, I can't really blame the bolts for taking advantage of a loophole like that.

No doubt Tampa has had an unreal drafting for quite some time. But had they not taken advantage of the loophole, they would need to shed some of them players... All the mental gymnastics ‍ in the world won't change that.

But as I said, I can't blame them for doing so... If pens could put say Malkin on the LTIR all year and have that space filled by another player I'd be all over that haha

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
We'll obey the rules of the league and respect the salary cap...oh and plus one Kucherov. No biggie.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
"Officer, my blood alcohol content was NOT .30. It was only .15, so let me go will ya?"

This was a bad comparison by me. Tampa are playing by the rules. They are not cheating at all. Here is a better comparison,

"Officer, you had no probable cause to pull me over. Therefore, the illegal goods found in my car were the result of an unlawful search and seizure."

Charges are dropped and nobody goes to jail. But we all know they aren't innocent.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Without the lopsided pro Vegas officiating in the first 4 games this series would already be over.

Tbh, it's pretty much Chris Lee the problem.

Yesterday, you saw the refs were proactive and gave a clear penalty to Byron . The high stick was called knowing that it wasn't going to be sustained.

But for series it's far from over. Vegas is bleeding hard. But they are a proud group.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Without the lopsided pro Vegas officiating in the first 4 games this series would already be over.

Vegas was definitely the better team in game one and probably in game three. I think the current score is a pretty accurate reflection on how the series has gone, regardless of the refs. Habs have earned their lead but it hasn't been lopsided by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad