WJC: SemiFinal Predictions

Who will win on Wednesday? Please choose 2 and post who you think will win...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
U.S. leading the poll.

For the Sweden / Czechia game, the results are NOT close. LOL!

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Idk how I feel about the game vs the US. They will be a much stiffer team and will make us pay on our mistakes. This has been the case time and time again over the years.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
USA-Czechia final, if the USA somehow eliminates the Bedard line, Canada doesn't have many players to score. And Mbereko is no longer a starter, which will also help. The pressure and expectations are certainly not higher for the USA, so sorry Canada, there will be no gold medal.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
I like the United States over Canada because outside the Bedard Line which is imo mostly Bedard himself. I don't find much to be special about the team and I think Cooley Snuggerud and Gauthier could be the next 3 best forwards in that game.

Ever since they switched off Mbereko, I think Augustine will play well enough in net.

Czechia over Sweden

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Canada doesn't look very potent (outside of Bedard) at 5on5. So unless the refs give Canada 5+ PP opportunities, I worry about their chances of both containing US's offense AND scoring enough to win.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Fairly unimpressed with Canada outside of a certain player, given their enormously high standards, but still think they win. Tight game between Sweden a d the Czechs but I believe in a Czech win.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
As much as I hope Sweden will win I think Czechia have to be favourites. They look sharp.
Canada will find a way to win but it will be close. Bedard (who else?) in OT?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden is playing way below its best. I dont think they will step up at all. This Swedish group talk the talk but dont walk the walk. If thats a saying. Or big bark no bite.
5-1 Czechia.

Ostraaros

Sep 11, 2020
Swedens game last night was the first I watched this tourney the last two years and holy shit what a bunch of losers. If you are going to give 10% effort just stay at home.
Sure you can face a better team but for the love of the king and queen, atleast work hard..

Swedish hockey is not in a good place. 5-1 loss for Sweden is my bet.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Well Sweden will best the Czechs obviously. Just stop giving away goals like last time and the Czhech will be an easy win. Easier than Finland. Canada pooped their pants against Slovakia and honestly they are the weakest of the remaining teams. I think USA which isn’t very good to be honest beats Canada. So Sweden will win the tournament. It’s a bit sad it’s because of the overall low quality of opposition. I mean we are basically fielding our B team. We shouldn’t win but what of the remaining teams can realistically best us? None.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00