WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk: Finland vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

svea

Feb 18, 2006
Finland just got a whole lot of Swedes cheering for them, hoping for the easier opponent for Sunday's final.

Blank

Apr 11, 2007
Finland just got a whole lot of Swedes cheering for them, hoping for the easier opponent for Sunday's final.

Swedes better hope for the russians to win then.. Sweden is still the only team Finland has actually won in a final so it's totally possible if they make it that far.

I mean they're bound to break that final jinx sooner or later.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009

No they got a lot of Swedes cheering for them because there is nothing greater than beating Finland in an olympic or WHC final.
There can of course be a downside to that.......bitter defeat but let's not think about that :)

Hyvä Suomi!

Vladsky

Mar 8, 2008
As a team Russia fan, I am somewhat undecided on which outcome of tonight's game I would prefer.

If Russia wins, I would naturally rejoice.

If Russia loses, it may serve as the final and ultimate argument to get rid of the BiZ duo. Besides that, I sense an intense and bloody 3rd place match vs. CZ, with lots of Artyukhin :yo:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Now that Sweden won Finland MUST do the same! Even if it's unlikely...

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Well, this is the final test for Finland. Sweden is an easier opponent then Russia, imo. If we can win this clearly, I think we've got a chance at gold. On paper.

Of course in practice, Sweden manages to beat Finland in some very humiliating way and thus will create some new painful memories for Finns that will require therapy and anti-depressants for the next 10 years.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Now that Sweden won Finland MUST do the same! Even if it's unlikely...
Yeah they would be perfect pairings:

FIN - SWE (Nordic rivalry is always great and both sides hate to lose, we've been too many times the suffering side but still)

RUS - CZE (Artie vs. Czechs #2 )

Edit. Observerspb, you couldn't find any bigger picture? :)

Last edited:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Imo it pretty dum to say who is easier opponent.

At this level the marginals are really small and anyone can win.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I will root for Finland to win. Fin-Swe would be a great final, so much hate!! :handclap:

Plus it would be a good thing to have two Nordic countries playing for silver/gold.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
No they got a lot of Swedes cheering for them because there is nothing greater than beating Finland in an olympic or WHC final.
There can of course be a downside to that.......bitter defeat but let's not think about that :)

Hyvä Suomi!

Which is worse, losing to Norway in the tournament or losing to Finland in the final.. or losing to both in the same tournament??
:naughty:

tinPa

Jul 18, 2009
home
Maybe we should go and lose another final... Anyway FIN - SWE games are always entertaining so it would be a dream final.
I don't know why but this year I really hate the russian team, so let's beat the **** out of Boris and fellas!

svea

Feb 18, 2006
Don't get me wrong, Finland is by no means an easy opponent. However, as far as I can tell, Finland and Sweden have battled it out for gold a total of four times (3 in the WC and once in the Olympics), with Sweden having won three times.

This means nothing for today, but historically Sweden has been a tough nut for Finland and everybody knows it.

roto

Oct 26, 2009
I'd love and hate to see FIN-SWE final.We Finns would likely lose again and that would be so painful. I haven't even recovered from Torino final yet.

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
In support of my blood brothers in Finland I thought I'd share with you, and cheer you on with, these wonderfully poetic words (ok, fine, the only ones I know) in Finnish..

Mikä tämä on? Tämä on hevonen. ;)

Impressed by my mad linguistic skillz, much? Give 'em hell, Suomi.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Seems like Russian players/media looking past Finland to the finals... I hope this is the case as we can take advantage of it... 4-2 Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad