WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk: Finland vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Russian media and players already saying this is a "walk in the park" for the Russians. Finland show them it's not!

HYVÄ SUOMI!

1135151-max484x290.jpg

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Russian media and players already saying this is a "walk in the park" for the Russians. Finland show them it's not!

HYVÄ SUOMI!

1135151-max484x290.jpg

Sell / Change report:

"Changing normal wife to hockey wife. Will pay some money in exchange. /MSG me"

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
I hate the pessimism around here (and everywhere else tbh, why are we finns so damn pessimistic). Finland will compete in this game and win. I used to act like a pessimist too but being an optimist is so much nicer. Finland will also win gold this year. :handclap:
All of you are allowed to ridicule me if Finland doesn't get to final but I don't care.

THIS. Quit whining. We can compete with Russia and have good chance to win the whole tournament. Suomi Finland Perkele!!!!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
21 So you're sure that the finals will be Sweden?

Not at all, we have a young and pretty unexperienced team, I have no idea what to expect this time.

Czech has played very well so far in the tournament and even Jagr looks like his prime, this is worrying. ;-)

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
What kind of stuff is this? War marches? I thought we had a hockey game coming up. ;-)

observerspb*

21 Jagr said that the best Czech girls in the world no. Need is to tell the wives of Swedish players. :)

observerspb*

What kind of stuff is this? War marches? I thought we had a hockey game coming up. ;-)

It raises the morale of :naughty:
This clash of cultures. That's interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
About the game, been hearing that russians are allready talking about the final.

Its good that we are allways getting that underdog-position. It fits for us. We were underdogs even against the norway, everyone expecting norway to win because of their good team effort so far, forgetting that finland had that same good effort whole tournament :laugh:

Like we are in every tournament, never concerned as medal contender and then finnish at the medals in the end :)

Its good that its Russia agianst us in semis, not for example Canada. We allways get extra morale against Russians, like Russians got their extra morale against Canada.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Sweden is like this sometimes too, extremely frustrating.

To me it's a pure coaching issue. The coach has to get them ready to play, maybe slap their faces a few times would help? ;-)

True. In fact i think when we had Aravirta as headcoach it didn't feel like we needed go give up a goal to start playing, but with him the playstyle and players were a alot different. I kind of like the current situation more though, it feels like we don't give up our lead as easy as we used to even though the scoring used to be a little bit better (not saying it ever was great though).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
No you weren't.

I know, but atleast at this boards we were :D Everyone was thinking norway will suprise Finland and were just thinking bout how good has norway been playing.

Lets see if this game goes to

"Keep your stick on the ice, leave the **** for other guys (arthyukin). Put your hands away from your balls, if you wanna score"
What artistic lyrics

Last edited:

observerspb*

QnebO
Russia agrees to the best stimulus. But I thought that only the Czechs and Canadians. Not for the Finns.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
QnebO
Russia agrees to the best stimulus. But I thought that only the Czechs and Canadians. Not for the Finns.

Well I do think you are our best stimulus with Sweden rivalry ofcourse. Against sweden we probably feel like playing against our annoying brother, and against you we feel like beating a giant or something when we win. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad