GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Need the Canucks to start scoring more here - they have the talent to score 5+ but it just isn't happening. If the PP is in fact on the upswing, that changes a lot. Agreed with others that the lineup does need a shake up - Podkolzin should get a chance to play as his game looks suited for the playoffs. Bleuger has been effective as the 3C so I wouldn't be averse to Lindholm lining up with Petey or Miller to get something going.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm sure that Nashville will be making adjustments to their game on Sunday..Judging by the low scoring, and shot totals, it wouldnt surprise me to see this one go to OT.

The big difference from game # 2 to 3 for me, were the forwards..( and finally, the PP was clicking)...In game #2 , the forwards were uncommitted, and not in synch...The top 6 in general were toothless.

Nashvilles game plan last game, was to physically pressure the Canucks D (Hughes was targeted )..This cuts both ways though, as Miller, Joshua, and Z had some of their heads on a swivel.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm sure that Nashville will be making adjustments to their game on Sunday..Judging by the low scoring, and shot totals, it wouldnt surprise me to see this one go to OT.

The big difference from game # 2 to 3 for me, were the forwards...In game #2 , the forwards were uncommitted, and not in synch...The top 6 in general were toothless.

Nashvilles game plan last game, was to physically pressure the Canucks D (Hughes was targeted )..This cuts both ways though, as Miller, Joshua, and Z had some of their heads on a swivel.

Well, they certainly adjusted in Game 3 and actually started trying to play some offensive hockey when they were down.

The first goal is crucial. I didn't love us going into a defensive shell in the third (flashbacks to Travis Green hockey, really), but forcing Nashville to open up and force plays a bit is a big difference maker vs. Game 2 where they just shut everything down.

Reactions: MikeK

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Predator defense is getting worn down. Even Nyquist is looking like he's not that interested in holding the puck for an extra split second anymore.

Preds are ripe for the picking. After last game not having to expel a lot of energy we should be able to blitz them after withstanding the first couple shifts of their lines. Especially if it yields little to no success.

The reality is Nashville is an older team with the key players being on the wrong side of 30. This should be the time for Pettersson and Hughes to take control of this series.

Would love to see Podkolzin come in onto the Pettersson line with Hoglander to inject some down low presence and energy for that duo. Even if he can just create turnovers and put pressure on their defense i could see that being a huge win for that line that could shift their series to date.

It's really a nothing gamble as Mikhayev would be on the 4th line with Lafferty and Blueger so if it doesn't work you can just bury Pod back onto the 4th line. PDG doesn't deserve to be benched but i still think it would be a good idea to use Pods size and strength on the forecheck to our advantage especially now that they are getting worn down. Even Lafferty wouldn't be the worst trade off just to give it a shot if the PKing is deemed a non starter for PDG

Have full confidence in what Tocc and Foote are doing so it's just something i would like them to try. Dont expect it but i really think we could light a fire potentially under 2 players (Pettersson and Podkolzin) if it works and that could be massive.

It's time to put the foot on their throats

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Players like Hoglander that aren't on PP1 or the PK, are having trouble finding their groove with these penalty parades. Feels like he's getting 1 shift some periods.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Fixed! It was literally the first thing I did after waking up.

I too drank too much last night. 2 pm start?? Might be a long sunday.

But hey this guy wont have the sunday scaries when we go up 3-1 in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad