May 10, 2011
Should be a fairly easy win for Russia.

Russia - Fin
3,4 - 0,1

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Finland actually has a chance now! :sarcasm:

Will not be an easy win for neither group.

Fin takes it 3-2.

:yo:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, Russia is certainly the clear favourite. And surely they won't play as badly as today (a miracle that Canada, of all countries, couldn't finish them off - a strange Canadian team this...)

We will have our chances though, playing as a Team as we do and not like a bunch of spoiled "superstars" (which Russia is at their worst - at their best they play the most beautiful hockey in the world).

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I have a bad feeling, but hoping Finland could somehow pull it off.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I'm afraid that battle against Canada has woken up the big bear of Russia, which is scary. Although, they still didn't play as a team so hopefully their egos will be bigger than their achievements in tomorrow's game.

Go team Granlund!

member 116805

Well, Russia is certainly the clear favourite. And surely they won't play as badly as today (a miracle that Canada, of all countries, couldn't finish them off - a strange Canadian team this...)

We will have our chances though, playing as a Team as we do and not like a bunch of spoiled "superstars" (which Russia is at their worst - at their best they play the most beautiful hockey in the world).

A team with no pride about playing for their country. For christ sake, Norway almost beat them hehe.

Anyways, Finland takes out Russia! Would be nice to have been eliminated by the WC victors! Finland beats Sweden in the Final ;)

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I'll have to admit that today's qf match between rus and can was quite upsetting. Neither team looked like they wanted to Win.

Russia couldn't do anything on their powerplay and nor could the Canadians.

I was hoping for a high scoring game full of energy and animosity.

It definitely was not the typical Can vs Rus show down.

Did anybody notice that Ovechkin looked slow out there?

He must be playing with some injuries suffered from the regular season and playoffs.

Anyways, I don't think that the "Russian Bear" has woken up or any b.s like that.

Of course they will be confident tomorrow, but that could mean overconfidence, which is never good against a team such as Finland.

Either way, the Finns have a decent shot at winning tomorrow.

GO FINLAND! :handclap:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Will pull for Finland but pretty sure Russia has this one. True, Suomi beat them in the round robin but I think the Russians may have found their game now.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Take away the speed from the Russians and frustrate the individuals in the process (without ending up in the box) and then we MIGHT have a chance.

Finland are huge underdogs but it wouldn't be the first time to upset Russia with an inferior team. If they keep playing like the first period against Norway, there is no chance for a snowball in hell for a final spot.

ipel

May 10, 2011
Should be a fairly easy win for Russia.

Russia - Fin
3,4 - 0,1

Did you look their last game? I actually am little shocked how little most of you guys know about hockey.

It's not all about personal skills. The most important thing is that how your team plays as whole and what kind your playbook is how the players follow your playbook.

First i got to agree that only few players from Finland would have made to Team Russia but it doesn't matter. Russia plays unorganised hockey they do way too many fast and semi fast attacks and in modern hockey you don't stand a change with that. If Jalonen and Bykov would have same teams playing each others Jalonen's would win like 8 games from 10.

Even though Russia has superstars like Ove, Radu and Kov they play so many unorganised fast attacks that it is easy for Finland to keep them away from scoring sectors.

Finland has been dominant in their every game so far even versus Czech when they lost they were absolutely dominant though it's bad that their worst game was the last game vs Norway but if they play like they've played the previous games finland is the favorite here. Nevertheless it's going to close game but i think Finland takes it 3-2

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
It's Russias tournament now after that Canada win. Only team I see that could challenge them is the Czechs. Repeat of last years final inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->