GDT: Semifinal - May 19 - Sweden vs USA

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Yeah, I just saw them posing for a picture together.

Sorry, but I think you're making a lot out of nothing.

It's not like it was a handshake line or anything.

It could have been worse. He could have flung his POTG award into the stands or something.

Wasn't it a box with a heavy watch in it? Dangerous. Bet it would hit a baby in the face

STHLM

Jun 30, 2017
Stockholm
Yeah, I just saw them posing for a picture together.

Sorry, but I think you're making a lot out of nothing.

It's not like it was a handshake line or anything.

It could have been worse. He could have flung his POTG award into the stands or something.
That’s okay, you’re entitled to your opinion. I believe that Kane, much like all players have done in the tournament, should have shaken hands there but maybe that’s just me

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Backlund top 3 player of the tournament for sweden, not sure I agree. I had Larsson, OEL and then Rakell or maybe Zibby. Larsson and OEL were the best by far though.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The most impressive part about Sweden is how they win when they don't play even a good game. They have played one good game in this tournament (against Russia). They are just too good for everyone that they don't even have to play their A game every night. Gold medal team for sure.

Reactions: Mr Salming

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The most impressive part about Sweden is how they win when they don't play even a good game. They have played one good game in this tournament (against Russia). They are just too good for everyone that they don't even have to play their A game every night. Gold medal team for sure.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Backlund top 3 player of the tournament for sweden, not sure I agree. I had Larsson, OEL and then Rakell or maybe Zibby. Larsson and OEL were the best by far though.

Backlund is a very odd choice, but you know IIHF...

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Yes because VAN is so consistant as a team right now.

Edler and Tanev + scrubs as D

Actually i liked him as a backup in Oilers(compared with Gus the bust who replaced him)! But St louis, Buffalo has also tried him! I hope he can turn it around, but thinks hes Khl bounded, has already had success there!

Reactions: LiveeviL

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't believe in Canada's goalies, but I really do think Sweden is going to have to be better in the next game.

Credit to them for grinding out a result and taking full advantage, but you cannot hope for the goalie to bail you out that often against Canada.

Reactions: Matte99

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, with this game out of the way as a Canadian fan it's time to concentrate on that sucker coming up, geez, who are we gonna start in net?............................and what kind of performance are we gonna get from them?

questions that cannot be answered yet, swiss are gonna be tough!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad