GDT: Semifinal - May 19 - Sweden vs USA

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I don't believe in Canada's goalies, but I really do think Sweden is going to have to be better in the next game.

Credit to them for grinding out a result and taking full advantage, but you cannot hope for the goalie to bail you out that often against Canada.
Canada is in the finals? I didn't know about that.

Our D and goalies bailed us out, for example if it weren't for Klingberg the US would have had a goal.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The most impressive part about Sweden is how they win when they don't play even a good game. They have played one good game in this tournament (against Russia). They are just too good for everyone that they don't even have to play their A game every night. Gold medal team for sure.

lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Canada is in the finals? I didn't know about that.

Our D and goalies bailed us out, for example if it weren't for Klingberg the US would have had a goal.

Canada will beat Switzerland in my opinion.

The Swedish D is great, but I wouldn't advise absorbing that much pressure again.

Full marks again to Sweden for finding a way. We know they have a strong D, but that isn't necessarily how you expect to win every game. There is a decent chance McDavid unlocks them if you give Canada as much zone time as the USA did. They had several grade A chances and couldn't find a way today, Sweden did that is why they are moving on. Canada might capitalize a little better, I think Sweden needs to concentrate on finding the effort they had against Russia, play like they did today again tomorrow and I think they are in trouble.

Reactions: Matte99 and jj cale

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
The most impressive part about Sweden is how they win when they don't play even a good game. They have played one good game in this tournament (against Russia). They are just too good for everyone that they don't even have to play their A game every night. Gold medal team for sure.

Finn trying his best to jinx us.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This D would have been the best or second best in the whole league.

giphy.gif

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
if if could make you win games then you would never loose. But US goalie what was his name "Dyson" ? Had a bad day.

But i dont think Sweden will win gold.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I pray the Oilers get this version of Larsson next year. He has been the best D in this tourney imo

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
if if could make you win games then you would never loose. But US goalie what was his name "Dyson" ? Had a bad day.

But i dont think Sweden will win gold.

They will not manage to be so motivated against Switzerland IMHO.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
What? I actually think you will win it all.

No, I actually think Sweden is the best team in this tournament. Not all Finns think the worst, please.
Yes thw swedes deserverd that. Last year and this year with full of NHL-Players. The finns hasn t a good attidude.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
He had maybe the best defensive game I’ve ever seen by a swedish forward in the World Championships.

He is a good PKer, we know that from the NHL too. Nice pass for the 3-0 goal too. But I dont think he has been one of our top three players, not when looking at the tournament as a whole.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
All games live their own life and 6-0 was way too much even thought it's clear that Sweden was the better team overall and deserved the win ...

All respect to the US team, though, sometimes nothing goes your way ...

PS But I don't understand how Johnny Gaudreau could do something that stupid ... that's also disrespectful to his own team mates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad