GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Don't worry Sweden. We'll see you in the Bronze Medal game. :)

EDIT: I'd like to remind all of my Canadian fellows that Canada hasn't won **** either. We'll probably see Sweden again.

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza
Sweden is evidently one of the best teams going into this tournament. I don't care if you're Canadian, American, Russian, or from ****ing China - lets admit it. Lets face the facts. However, Sweden did get a bit too much on top of their heads before this game. The "Canadian Syndrome" is contagious. I am also guessing every single twelve year old in Canada is about to troll this forum to nonrecognition. I would love to see Russia facing Canada in the finals - only to see them forcibly put the Canadians down to earth. But since I am an American resident at the moment, I hope it will be the Americans they'll be playing. I simply have to... ;)

As someone else stated - about the comment on which team was the toughest one for Sweden, by Swedish coach Roger - this clearly proves, in one way or the other, that Russia has a bigger impact on the Swedish team and their mentality.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Congrats Russia...so much heart to win that game with tired legs. I'll be cheering for you in the finals unless you face Canada.

Sweden just didn't look like the same team that was so strong against Canada...started flat and never really got it going outside of a few stretches of the game. Still can't believe no gold medal since 1981. Too many good players and teams to be denied for so long. Good luck in the Bronze game...unless you are playing Canada.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
As a swedish finn, It can't get much worse. Losing twice in 24 hours when the win should have been in the bag. The two better teams lost...and I really can't stand Russia winning anything.

Lehner and Nemeth are the scapegoats today, boy they sucked... :shakehead

Go USA.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Did some Russians really flip off the other team after the game was done? What happened?

The Swedish commentators said they were taunting and flipping the Swedes off after the shootout.

However, coach Ronnberg and some of his players (especially the coach), AGAIN look like fools with their boastful comments all week, and again they flop before the end.

What comments are you referring to?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Well, I was cheering for the Swedes, sucks they lost, as they're my 2nd favourite hockey country.

However, coach Ronnberg and some of his players (especially the coach), AGAIN look like fools with their boastful comments all week, and again they flop before the end.

They sure talk big for a team that NEVER wins. They need to stop this approach, it hurts them and makes them look bad.

Hopefully they learn some humility and wait to talk next year until AFTER the tourney is over.

Congrats Russia on a good game, and for keeping a proper, humble attitude.

I hope you have a good team next year, Sweden, unfortunately, you won't have Larsson, though. Great team, but couldn't put it all together.
Congratulations on the sensationalism, that apparently gave all the Canadian trolls alot of food. You just don't get it, do you, despite dozens of other posters explaining the situation? Rönnberg is a very humble coach and only gave his objective view of the games. I'm sorry he didn't say that Canada are the best, should have won and will always play the best in every game and will always be the Kings of hockey, like he should have said according to some, but that wasn't how he saw it. He just gave his honest evaluation of the round robin games. Shame on him for not putting the Canadian team on a pedestal I guess? How dared he?

He said that he felt the game against Russia in the round robin was the tactically hardest to pull through for his team, because of the game picture. SWE - CAN was obviously just more of guns blazing, which anyone could see who watched the game. Not to mention he had to express himself in his second language.

How you can continously pull a hen out of a feather and continue doing this like he has disgraced anyone, is beyond me. Give it a rest ffs.

Last edited:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
What did Taranseko do? Some people were saying he was humble in the other thread and i missed it

He pretty much just paid respect to team sweden and thanked em for putting up a great game. Knew nothing about T as a person before, but he seems like a guy who respects his opponents and the game. Not so good at english but his message came through.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Very tough loss for Sweden. Nothing to be ashamed of. Great players, great team and they play the game like it was meant to be played.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
This is a very tough loss to take. Too bad it took Sweden 15 mins to find their game. But I shouldn't blame it all on bad play by Sweden, Russia played good.

But big props to Team Russia for showing heart and will to win this tournament. I have missed that from them in previous tournaments. I hope you go all the way.

I can only say that our coach was correct. Russia was a tougher opponent for us.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I am not even upset right now.
Got a very bad feeling when Russia scored the first goal. I thought we had climbed our way back at 3-2 but when Russia tied it up I felt it was over...

Nice SO goal by Golubev!

Urgi

Dec 25, 2008
Im proud anyway, we didnt play good for 2 periods and you cant expect to win then.

Atleast people can see now why people see Adam Larsson as a top pick?

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The Swedish commentators said they were taunting and flipping the Swedes off after the shootout.

What comments are you referring to?

Sweden, in general, comes off (to me) as a really arrogant bunch for a country that hasn't won a Gold since 1981.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of what the coach said, but he did include Czech Republic for the LOLS. :laugh:

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
The IIHF really needs to learn from the NHL and go with only overtime in the medal round. That shootout was so anticlimactic and a ****** way to end a great game.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
It's unbelievable how much heart the Russians have. There's no doubt that the Canadians or Americans are going to have an extremely difficult time against them.

Canada has already beaten Russia 6 to 3, U S hasn't beaten any of the teams that were in the semi finals. U S will lose to sweden in the Bronze medal yawner. I say yawner because both will be just shattered having seen their false hopes come to an end.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Sweden, in general, comes off (to me) as a really arrogant bunch for a country that hasn't won a Gold since 1981.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of what the coach said, but he did include Czech Republic for the LOLS. :laugh:
Yeah, how dare they not put Canada on a pedestal? Shame on them!

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

Are you an expert?

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Sweden had a good tournament despite this loss. Russia is a really good team and I hope they win the gold. Bronze medal games I couldn't care less about, I'd rather they just stopped playing now. And to those gullible people who thought Rönnberg has ever been out to taunt Canada, well even if he did it was the very same Russia which he talked about that eliminated us.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Canadians come of as far more arrogant than Swedes.

And Im no Sweden-fan.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
One positive thing I can take with me from this game is Adam Larsson's play. He wasn't sure he could play tonight, but this was his best game of the tournament IMO.

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza

Uhm... I would say the definition of "arrogance" would be - as a Canadian - to assume other nations to behold your country, yes Canada, as the best hockey nation ever. All Roger said was that he thought the Russians were a tougher team for Sweden, in THIS tournament - something you Canadians just cant accept. You are not happy and amused until Obama kisses your toes. So no, the only arrogant people here are you. Unless we all worship you, subject ourselves to your "rules"; and claim you are our God, you will say we are cocky and arrogant. Wow. It is like... so contradictory. Go to bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad