GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Sweden, in general, comes off (to me) as a really arrogant bunch for a country that hasn't won a Gold since 1981.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of what the coach said, but he did include Czech Republic for the LOLS. :laugh:

Just let me get this straight. Are you inferring that what he said was not true? Becaue i think we kind of got the evidence right in front of us here...

And let's not hope the mods don't delete this post. Apperantly there is something wrong with questioning what people of a certain nationality says on this forum?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sweden, in general, comes off (to me) as a really arrogant bunch for a country that hasn't won a Gold since 1981.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of what the coach said, but he did include Czech Republic for the LOLS. :laugh:

Czech's were better than Canada when we faced them, what's the problem?

And how is Sweden arrogant? Please elaborate.. (I know, you can't, that's why I'm asking).

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Atleast people can see now why people see Adam Larsson as a top pick?

Wasn't he playing injured too?

****** way to end the game in a shootout for sure. Hate having shootouts in medal games.

Oh well Sweden should've closed the game when they scored the 3-2 goal. Instead we let Nemeth out on the ice again(I think).

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah, how dare they not put Canada on a pedestal? Shame on them!

This year wasn't the only time the Swedes(coach and/or player) said some things to the press that they probably should've kept to themselves. I was happy that Canada lost to the US last year rather than Sweden because of Swedish arrogance.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
Saying: " All Canadians are trolling" doesn't really make it better. There are a lot of idiots among every nationality on these boards.
People who are trolling are jerks first off all, not Canadians or Swedes or Americans etc. etc.

We've got only ourself to blame for this loss.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Just let me get this straight. Are you inferring that what he said was not true? Becaue i think we kind of got the evidence right in front of us here...

And let's not hope the mods don't delete this post. Apperantly here is something wrong with questioning what people of a certain nationality says on this forum?

Czech's were better than Canada when we faced them, what's the problem?

And how is Sweden arrogant? Please elaborate.. (I know, you can't, that's why I'm asking).

I'm sorry, but Canada gave Sweden a MUCH bigger test than the Czechs. Saw both games... wasn't that close in terms of competitiveness.

As for the arrogancy, the captain coming out and saying that US is the main competitor. Now, I have no problem with the fact that he thinks US is the big test (heck, I think the same way), but speaking out in media is not a good thing, IMO.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Someone did post that on the other thread. I didn't see anything on TV so as of right now it is unsubstantiated.
I first did not believed my eyes when I first saw it as the camera panoramed over the ice but when the swedish commentator also noticed it I was disqusted. Then again, what can you expect...

Rust Cohle

Pessimist
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden
Rönnberg should have had his own thread. The talk about his comments has really made these boards a depressing read this tournament.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Uhm... I would say the definition of "arrogance" would be - as a Canadian - to assume other nations to behold your country, yes Canada, as the best hockey nation ever. All Roger said was that he thought the Russians were a tougher team for Sweden, in THIS tournament - something you Canadians just cant accept. You are not happy and amused until Obama kisses your toes. So no, the only arrogant people here are you. Unless we all worship you, subject ourselves to your "rules"; and claim you are our God, you will say we are cocky and arrogant. Wow. It is like... so contradictory. Go to bed!

Russians were a bigger test. I don't care about his opinion. He could think that Canada is a big cheater... and I still won't care. Why do things like these need to be said in the media? It only creates bitterness. (like it or not)

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I'm sorry, but Canada gave Sweden a MUCH bigger test than the Czechs. Saw both games... wasn't that close in terms of competitiveness.

As for the arrogancy, the captain coming out and saying that US is the main competitor. Now, I have no problem with the fact that he thinks US is the big test (heck, I think the same way), but speaking out in media is not a good thing, IMO.

It's not like he was asked to name his favourite for the gold or anything.

Frank Bascombe

Apr 28, 2010
We will move along, to the gold medal game.

hqdefault.jpg

K, cya.

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza

Only Canada is allowed to "speak out to media" about their opponents, right? None else. This is what I have said so many times - Canada is the Hockey's answer to political fascism. You make the rules; we all have to obey. The way you like it.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden

Didn't he say that BEFORE the tournament? USA did win gold last year after all...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Adam Larsson really impressed me. What a great skater and really strong with the puck. He's my choice for top pick in the draft.

Tough that it had to come down to a shootout. Sweden really looked better in the overtime, you could tell the Russians were dead tired. Russia seems to be bullet proof after these last two games. Unbelievable that they are still alive. It would be a big statement for Russia to win this year since all we've heard is how messed up Russian player development and the junior program is. They still look to be as skilled as ever.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Probably should have waited till you won something to declare yourselves the best.

What the **** are you talking about! God damn ****ing bull just goes on adn on and on and on! Give me a fukcing quote where Rönnberg said anyhting remotely like that or shut the **** up!

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Probably should have waited till you won something to declare yourselves the best.
Errrrh, now you are totally grasping for straws and you should know it. Please show any quote where any Swedish representative have declared Sweden the best? Or any Swedish poster that hasn't been written off as a huge homer (where you at maximum can find what, 2 posts)? Again: the "crime" is obviously not declaring Canada the Kings of hockey and praising them every chance you have, regardless of any actual games played. Or do you have to win tournaments to be allowed to form an opinion of your own? I guess you should drop the concept of authority seeking behaviour immediately.

I know some of you have bruised egos and have to boast them through hockey, but this is getting beyond ridiculous on so many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad