GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Only Canada is allowed to "speak out to media" about their opponents, right? None else. This is what I have said so many times - Canada is the Hockey's answer to political fascism. You make the rules; we all have to obey. The way you like it.

So what controversial thing did Canada say in front of the media? Yeah.... thought so.

Didn't he say that BEFORE the tournament? USA did win gold last year after all...

Yes, he did.

AugustBurnsRed*

What the **** are you talking about! God damn ****ing bull just goes on adn on and on and on! Give me a fukcing quote where Rönnberg said anyhting remotely like that or shut the **** up!

No offense... but u rly mad.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
When did any swedish player or coach declare themselves the best..

Canadians believe they did that by stating that another team actually was better than the Canadian team in this tournament:laugh:

Canada sees themselves as a God, and everyone who believes that another God (country) is better, are infidels!

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Adam Larsson really impressed me. What a great skater and really strong with the puck. He's my choice for top pick in the draft.

Tough that it had to come down to a shootout. Sweden really looked better in the overtime, you could tell the Russians were dead tired. Russia seems to be bullet proof after these last two games. Unbelievable that they are still alive. It would be a big statement for Russia to win this year since all we've heard is how messed up Russian player development and the junior program is. They still look to be as skilled as ever.

I agree. I wish they win, or at least play really really good in the gold medal game. They could need the boost for junior hockey if it's as bad as people say around here.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Need to turn it. Really wanted to see the CAN - US game but.. Bronze game and finals will have to do.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sweden continues to have a pretty poor record in elimination games.

AugustBurnsRed*

Canadians believe they did that by stating that another team actually was better than the Canadian team in this tournament:laugh:

Canada sees themselves as a God, and everyone who believes that another God (country) is better, are infidels!

No, most just think the coach's comments were unnecessary.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006

Again, I've already answered that. You continue to ignore it. I have no problem with his OPINION.

Sayuri

Dec 30, 2006
Alberta, Canada

Seriously is this necessary. Come on guys, its a game.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Don't worry Sweden. We'll see you in the Bronze Medal game. :)

EDIT: I'd like to remind all of my Canadian fellows that Canada hasn't won **** either. We'll probably see Sweden again.
Well, even if canada and hockey makes my blood boil when we meet you guys I always cheer for you when sweden is not on the other end. Don't know why but i guess I like your over all style. So good luck for the rest of the tournement...

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Did the Russians or Czechs take the Swedes to a shootout? Seems like even OT wasn't enough to beat Canada.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
The WJHC board always ends up being a p!ssing contest b/w d0uchb@g canadian posters and d0uchb@g swedish posters... really boring and tiresome. Seems like the fanbases brings out the worse in each other.

milhouse7

Oct 17, 2010
Putting down your opponent, especially right after you won by the narrowest of margin, is classless regardless whether its fact or not. That would be like telling Norway they have no busines in World Jr tournament and should stick to Division I hockey.

It may be true, but only a jackass would say anything like that. Like I said before I have never heard a coach put down an opponent like that before, especially at a Press conference in front of the world media. This guy got what was coming to him, obviously his team did not respond to him based on the flat performance in the first 2 periods.

Anyway I'm ready to move on.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Please stop quoting, as a previous poster commented this is a great time to improve your ignore list... "Ace-hats 4 all" are a good start at least! ;)

Great game by the Russians - impressed by their ability to keep it simple and still advance to the final! Sweden should have been able to cut off more of their plays, since almost every time the "outlet pass" (as if) from Russian defenders where just a canon a long the boards.

Shame on Sweden, congratz Russia! :yo:

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
so anyways, great to see Russia in the finals after a lot of people totally wrote them off when we went 0-2

Congratulations!

I hope they can get some well earned rest and show up big for the gold medal game. I wish you all the best.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Oh, so he shouldn't be allowed to state his opinion that another team was better in this tournament, than the allmighty Canadians??

If that's how you're going to argue, I'm going to have a hard time taking you seriously. BTW, he said teams.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Putting down your opponent, especially right after you won by the narrowest of margin, is classless regardless whether its fact or not. That would be like telling Norway they have no busines in World Jr tournament and should stick to Division I hockey.

It may be true, but only a jackass would say anything like that. Like I said before I have never heard a coach put down an opponent like that before, especially at a Press conference in front of the world media. This guy got what was coming to him, obviously his team did not respond to him based on the flat performance in the first 2 periods.

Anyway I'm ready to move on.

I have the hardest of times thinking he actually said that to officially disrespect Canada with Cameron sitting next to him and in front of the press.

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
I agree. I wish they win, or at least play really really good in the gold medal game. They could need the boost for junior hockey if it's as bad as people say around here.

It is actually getting better than it was a few years ago lol atleast you have some common sense and do not believe the **** that is said around here. Unlucky today, Sweden had the best team in the tournament no doubt and hopefully that translates to the senior team. I'm shocked how people here get so worked up about junior hockey :laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If that's how you're going to argue, I'm going to have a hard time taking you seriously. BTW, he said teams.

How about you answer the question instead. Shouldn't a coach be allowed to say that there are other teams that played better against his team, than the Canadian team?

Just answer the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad