GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Props to A. Larsson, Fasth and J. Klingberg who stepped up while the rest of team Sweden seemed to have taken a vacation..
We started playing in the third and OT, but too late.. congrats to Russia.

The Camera Eye

Nov 4, 2006
Sainte-Catherine
Kinda sad that some Canadians are rubbing it in the faces of the Swedes. Would have loved a Canada/Sweden rematch, Sweden has a great team.

EDIT - And congrats to the Russians, showed some heart out there.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I wanted Sweden to win since USA is advancing. Would've definitely cheered for Sweden. But for some reason, I was cheering for the Russians... :help:

Good for Russia.

Russia - USA gold medal game doesn't sound that entertaining. USA will win rather easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Kinda sad that some Canadians are rubbing it in the faces of the Swedes. Would have loved a Canada/Sweden rematch, Sweden has a great team.

There still might be a Canada/Sweden rematch

Pitlick*

Well, I was cheering for the Swedes, sucks they lost, as they're my 2nd favourite hockey country.

However, coach Ronnberg and some of his players (especially the coach), AGAIN look like fools with their boastful comments all week, and again they flop before the end.

They sure talk big for a team that NEVER wins. They need to stop this approach, it hurts them and makes them look bad.

Hopefully they learn some humility and wait to talk next year until AFTER the tourney is over.

Congrats Russia on a good game, and for keeping a proper, humble attitude.

I hope you have a good team next year, Sweden, unfortunately, you won't have Larsson, though. Great team, but couldn't put it all together.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Congratulations to Russia, a gutsy effort today without any quit.

Congratulations to Sweden, this is an excellent hockey team and the players will only get better having gone through today's game. Despite the loss, they've had a great tournament. I pick them for bronze no matter who they face.

I'm glad hockey has so many upsets, leaving so many broken hearts. If one or two countries won everything all the time, none of us would watch due to boredom. It's great to see so many quality players come out of so many different countries. It's great that it seems a coin toss is all that separates two completely different nations, playing two different styles.

Vive le puck. Game on.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

I was cheering for the Swedes, hoping that the Canadians could get another shot at them for the gold medal.

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Props to A. Larsson, Fasth and J. Klingberg who stepped up while the rest of team Sweden seemed to have taken a vacation..
We started playing in the third and OT, but too late.. congrats to Russia.

Styrman was decent in the first 2 as well.

The reason people didn't want Styrman in the roster is because he's invisible, which is actually a good thing since he doesn't really make mistakes.

Patrik Nemeth was worthless every time he had the puck he made a mistake. :laugh:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Some embarrassing comments by some Canadians. Does it really feel that good to see Sweden lose that you have to rub it at their faces?

I'll say it again because this seems to be Canadians' biggest pet peeve for one reason or another...

Give it a rest. Sweden won a very important game in regulation and celebrated appropriately. The quote from the Swedish coach was an honest remark from how he saw things and his team play (i.e., his perspective) and this ranting about Sweden getting what they deserve is just idiotic.

The world doesn't revolve around us.

Thanks for the support trollslayers.

And as I said before it was an ok loss (and not a really deserved win for any of the teams).

Sweden did lay of for a long part of 1st and 2nd, that was the moments when the game was lost. The OT was crushingly well played with Sweden with Russia mostly making some checks. One can't just lose all energy just because one is down 2 goals (or even one!).

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Did some Russians really flip off the other team after the game was done? What happened?

Something a Swedish commentator said, but sound strange to me.

ANYWAYS, big props for Adam Larsson to playing his best game so far today, this wouldn't have gone to overtime without him. Fasth, Cehlin Jarnkrok and J.Larsson had solid games aswell to name a few. With that said Erixon had his worst game today and Nemeth was no better, Lander also had a very disappointing game and missed the penalty shot.

Shikin, Tarasenko and Gobulev were the players that stood out to me in Russia.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Congrats Team Russia. Heartbreaking loss but Russia did what they had to do and got it done. They looked exhausted towards the end.

Rust Cohle

Pessimist
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden
The words "final" and "gold" sure is used an absurd amount of time during these tournaments by Swedish media and so on. Was sick and tired of that even before this game. What's the point of speculating so much?

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Styrman was decent in the first 2 as well.

The reason people didn't want Styrman in the roster is because he's invisible, which is actually a good thing since he doesn't really make mistakes.

Patrik Nemeth was worthless every time he had the puck he made a mistake. :laugh:

Agree, Larsson and Styrman was the best defence-pairing, can't belive he played Nemeth and Erixon all the time.. they were pretty horrible in this game, -3.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
Saying: " All Canadians are trolling" doesn't really make it better. There are a lot of idiots among every nationality on these boards.
People who are trolling are jerks first off all, not Canadians or Swedes or Americans etc. etc.

We've got only ourself to blame for this loss.

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
What did Taranseko do? Some people were saying he was humble in the other thread and i missed it

He was interviewed on swedish tv. Dont now if he was humble, he didnt seem to be very good at english so he mumbled the usual phrases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia