GDT: Semi Final: Russia Vs Sweden | 9AM EST 1PM CET | RUS 5 - 4 SWE OT

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I have never met a friendly russian. You are not known for that.

Whatever :D! His answer to your question was dumb anyway with muhh we got as much ppl watching it as there is people in Sweden... but we got a population 15× your size :D!

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I just love the rivalry between Russia and Canada.

I would just like to see it regardless of playing for gold or bronze.
The showboating and chippy'ness is so fun.
Whatever. Wrong thread . Russia has to get past Sweden first. Hoping for a Swe - Fin final, to show them all what a real rivalry looks like.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Bahh gonna miss this glorius crusade against the Muscovite... but we will conqueror Moscow yet again! :D

4-2 Swedish win

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Russian players that I'm worried might help their team reach the finals: Denisenko, Voronkov, Marchenko, Khovanov, Askarov and Zamula.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I have never met a friendly russian. You are not known for that.

People are simple, attention seeking with a need to feel important generally, and are most often friendly when flattered. Nationalistic people especially, flatter thier country as great and important, and they automatically get friendlier. Not saying here that I'm any different!

Reactions: VictorLustig

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So we have a chance to punch back after that game? Don't get why anyone wouldn't want to see Canada have to beat Russia to win Gold after getting embarrassed like that.
Russia has our number, I just don't see it

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Russia has our number, I just don't see it
Well these groups have played a grand total of 1 game against each other. It was about the worst game Canada could have ever thought of playing and Russia at there absolute best....Personally if Canada is going to win the Gold, beating Russia for it after being embarrassed so badly is far and away the best option...and if Russia beats them again then they were clearly just the superior team.

Reactions: blindpass

vilevin

Jan 3, 2020
So we can get spanked again?

Oh come one it was just one game in the group stage. I doubt that if our teams meet again the result will be the same. I'm sure Canada has learned the lesson and will play much better. Anyway Russia and Canada need to get to the finals first, and it definitely won't be easy :laugh:

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Which is totalty irrelevant because Russia has a population of 150million while Sweden got a population of 10... so you have to talk % of the total population.

no... he doesn't

in this context, not at alllllll...

"does anyone in russia care about WJC?

millions are watching it in sweden"

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
So basically all canadians cheer for russia?
Not a chance.

I did pick Russia to win before the tournament and I am sticking with that but cheer for them? no way in hell, and you would be hard pressed to find ten fans in all of Canada that would.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
He asked you how big it was... and you came up with a ****ing stupid answer... like asking how big is volleyboll in China muhh we got more people watching it than there is population in your country no **** sherlock... and 10% is pretty low numbers... if we assume it is that.

Yikes... This post just screams...

The guy asked how many. % doesn't mean a thing. 5% of the population is a lot of people. Does phrasing it that way calm ya down there, buddy?

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
De är klasser bättre än Finland, med den skillnaden att Finland råkar vara bäst i världen på att tråka ihjäl lag som egentligen är mycket bättre än dem?

I sense some salt :)
Wow that is some low shit, byt that is standard crybaby Swedish journalism i'm not surprised.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Wow that is some low ****, byt that is standard crybaby Swedish journalism i'm not surprised.

Hmm... My impression is that modern day Swedish sport journalism has handled with Finnish hockey pretty objectively lately and also putting credits where credits due.

Of course only as long as it's not about Sweden vs Finland elimination game, and Tabloids tend to display much more over the top takes than medias generally.

Actually, from what I've seen it feels that Swedish media have generally much more matured approach on Finnish hockey than Finnish media can claim about Swedish hockey. At least they publish there in Sweden much less pseudo articles of fake news "How Finnish media write about us". You know.

There maybe some kind perception bias in my impression on the matter, though. Not that good in Swedish, nor following that closely their medias.

Anyway, Good luck for Tre Kronor!

Reactions: JBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad