WJC: Semi-final pre-game talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The self confidence among some Finnish fans is ridiculous. ;-)

Especially after Sweden defeating Canada and Russia.

Prepare yourself for some pain... ;-)

4thliner*

I think Sweden is gonna crush Finland. It won't even be close if the Swedish team shows up.

RK

Jan 5, 2011
Stockholm

Yes, there isn't really anything that indicates that Finland will win tonight.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Without trying to wind-anyone up (excessively), I honestly think there's a 75-25 chance for the good guys. The team isn't the most skilled ever but far from talentless. They are a great deep allround hockey team who play a nice blend of Swedish and NA hockey. Not that there have been a huge amount of sexy big hits, but it's an unusually big, strong and hard skating team that doesn't mind dump and chase and have looked great along the boards while not afraid of going to to the crease.
Honestly I don't understand the whole "worst team in years" bit.. We've had some of our best teams ever recently and while it's not as good as say the incredible 2009 team, it's still up there among the best. Also, it looks to be an extremely mentally composed Sweden WJC team with their eyes on the prize.
And Rönnberg is a bawse, while the Finnish coach just got this job at the job application center. Main worry is goaltending, but it's not as though the Finns have Rinne in goal (or Mrazek or Vasilevski for that matter). It should also be said that special teams haven't convinced me.

On the bright side Klingberg seems to be benched so hopefully they won't get too many freebies.

Finland hasn't been overly impressive, but have done well and you just never know with those guys, especially in a knockout game against their arch-enemy. And they do have some great players, even beyond Granlund like Pulkkinen, Armia and Salomäki. But my confidence mostly comes from the fact that that defense.. just doesn't win championships.
Also, when was the last time a Finland team beat Sweden at the WJC's?

This ^ great post.

RK

Jan 5, 2011
Stockholm
I think they might already look at the finals believing they can just roll right over the Finns. This could get ugly as heck.

I believe that is exactly what they won't do, considering what happened last year. This Swedish team is a team with great spirit, and not a few superstars that tremble when things don't go their way.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
We have scored 26 goals in the last 4 games, which means 6,5 goals per game. Sweden will have to be ready to shoot alot as they dont have any pure goal scorers.

Finland will show swedes what means to be real men! :D

5-2 Suomi!

joe_shannon_1983*

So Russian fans...

Are you ready to watch your team lose tonight?

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
Yes, there isn't really anything that indicates that Finland will win tonight.

This is how I feel.

Earlier I felt that Granlund could be a monster but then Jukka Jalonen textmessaged me and told that Granlund was just a weakling and unable to create anything by him self let alone make his linemates any better. Also he stated that it was all about Immonen and Pesonen in WC 2011 Granlund was just a leech and not even a proper sized hockey leech but a tiny little ugly unpleasant unpopular and stupid headed soccer playing leech.

All in all I am just hoping that our team wont loose too bad. Loosing to Sweden is going to happen but hopefully we can score once per each five goals Sweden scores.

I´m predicting 10-2 to Sweden.

Then again Aitokuolio could stand on his head but that is not going to be enough. If Aittakumina can play at his utmost highest level we might stand a change but Jukka Jalonen also mentioned this possibility in his textmessage and made it clear that it would be stupid to fool your self as this team is going to crash and burn.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site

Yes you right, it is, i think most of Finnish people has no self confidence and very low self-esteem... :sarcasm:

I don't feel pain when Finland murder Sweden, but i think you will be in home like this! :help:

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Both Sweden and Finland should be thrown out of the tournament because their fans is so horrible at "thrash-talk":naughty::laugh:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
In the eventual case of us facing Canada again, it won't be the same as in the first one, whether it's in the final or the bronze game. Nope.

Obviously not in the same manner as in the first game of the tournament but I just dont see Finland beating Canada.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
So nervous, and definitely not feeling very optimistic about this game. Let's hope I'm wrong, but the Russian forwards and goalie scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad