Injury Report: Sekera Recalled!!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
That would be the 5 game limit for him last night, yes?

Sooooo...

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Manning/Gravel

I don't *hate* it, swapping out Petrovic/Manning/Gravel (and even Benning) for a defenceman that can legitimately transition the puck should be a massive him.

If BAK wasn't on such a hot streak, I would have been tempted to recall Jones or Bear. It'd be nice to have a defence where Russell is the worst offensive defenceman vs. one of the better ones...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have watched 4 of the 5 games Sekera has played. He is skating nothing like he did last season.
He will still need to get up to NHL speed though but I have no doubt he will help this team starting in his first NHL game.

Who do you suppose gets sent to Bakersfield or traded - Petrovic Manning or Gravel? On paper Gravel to Bakersfield makes the most sense as he doesn’t require waivers but he’s maybe the best of the 3 {thanks Chia}.

Reactions: WIOiler

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Bakersfield? I think of the movie Castaway when Bob Noland (Tom Hanks) found his sail that was manufactured in Bakersfield.
I'm wondering what Sekera is thinking. Is better to marooned in a AHL outpost like Bakersfield or playing in the NHL....but it has to be the Oilers.:huh:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Who do you suppose gets sent to Bakersfield or traded - Petrovic Manning or Gravel? On paper Gravel to Bakersfield makes the most sense as he doesn’t require waivers but he’s maybe the best of the 3 {thanks Chia}.

I really hope its Manning form the players you mentioned and Puljujarvi as well.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Sekera is probably begging the Oilers to just let hi stay down there lol.
He really does enjoy riding the buses and eating at 2nd rate restaurants. Why would he want to come to a place with a chartered airplane, and stay in 1st class hotels and eat lavish meals? What a dumb decision that would be.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
He really does enjoy riding the buses and eating at 2nd rate restaurants. Why would he want to come to a place with a chartered airplane, and stay in 1st class hotels and eat lavish meals? What a dumb decision that would be.
$5.5mill or whatever so he can play easier hockey and not be harassed when he is out in public?
Honestly if the pay was the same throw me on the damn bus.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe he would enjoy winning and being in a fun environment for a few months,

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think it probably has more to do with playing hockey at the highest level than busses, meals or winning.

I don't think I've ever seen an athlete in the modern era compete against lower level competition just because he/she is winning there, even if they'd lose competing against the best.

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Well at least he doesn't try to pass it in the net. He'll hold on to it for 3 minutes and hope it teleports in there. Except the pp of course will benefit from getting nurse and Klefbom the hell away from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad