Seidenberg boarding of Toews; DoPS review but no hearing; Toews status ???

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I find it unsettling that HFBoards has a prime chance to crucify the Bruins and the overall sentiment on this board is that the result was unfortunate but it wasn't dirty.

Turning over a new forest, HFBoards? :)

Or maybe people are being fair about what they see?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not sure what else Seidenberg is supposed to do there. Just let Toews have a 50/50 puck behind his goalie? He out-muscled him for the puck and Toews lost his balance, and went awkwardly into the boards. That's my take on it anyway.

Mine too.

The awkward proximity to the boards resulted in the penalty, which I am more than fine with. But I wouldn't want Seidenberg to play it any differently (i.e. let one of the world's best have the puck uncontested in Gretzky's office)

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Was there. Booed the penalty to Seidenberg and cheered the penalty on Toews. Never booed an injured player.

Fair. The timing of the booing made it unclear to me through the TV, but now that I've cooled off a bit from my initial anger about the hit and my immediate gut response to the booing, I do think the booing was about the penalties, not Toews' injury, so I stand corrected.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Not the first time they tried to circomvented it with Toews.

What?

Anyway... Claude Julien has weighed in that the injury was entirely the fault of Toews.

‏@ChrisKuc
Bruins coach Julien on Seidenberg's hit on Toews: "We need to start educating our players to protect themselves better." #Blackhawks

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's a hot take, Claude, I don't necessarily agree with it in this instance but I respect it.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
It was called properly on the ice. I doubt it gets anything more.

What?

Anyway... Claude Julien has weighed in that the injury was entirely the fault of Toews.

‏@ChrisKuc
Bruins coach Julien on Seidenberg's hit on Toews: "We need to start educating our players to protect themselves better." #Blackhawks

This doesn't look like one of the instances where the player turns into the hit. Not sure why this is the hit to say that after, but I guess this is coming from Claude Julien so not surprising.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
In other dumb coach comments...

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h1 hour ago
I asked Q if Toews lobbied to stay in: "5-on-3, I wouldn’t want to come off, either. I don’t think anybody would want to come off."

Uhhhh Q. This isn't the SCF, just a regular season game, so we really don't have to pretend he just got his "bell rung."

Also for people wondering why the Hawks didn't go after Seidenberg immediately after the hit... besides the fact that it was Hawks power play guys on the ice and not 3rd or 4th line guys

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 1h 1 hour ago
Sharp says Seidenberg is respected and has a reputation for being a clean player. But added, "We don't like that hit." #Blackhawks

1rd

¡Hala Madrid!
Jun 16, 2011
That's a 2 min penalty. No need for suspensions.

Hope Toews is ok.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Regardless of whether you think this is a suspension or not (I don't really think it is, maybe a game), Julien's comments are pretty ignorant. No need to say anything like that, and it goes to show you the double standard he wants to be measured by.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a Habs fan, but come on. No need to blame Toews. It was reckless by Seidenberg

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What does Julieb want Toews to do? He's going back to retrieve a puck.

Should he skate backwards into the boards so his back isn't exposed?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Goes to show you how little some teams think of the concussion protocol. Haven't the Blackhawks done this before with Toews and Hossa? Leaving them in the game when they should clearly be removed and get checked out.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta

@ChrisKuc
Cheap comment.

Julien needs to calm down. Every single thing against the Bruins is a travesty of justice in his eyes. He was screaming, "are you ****ing kidding me" when Boston got a too many men. It was really obvious Julien show some class already.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Unfortunate result from a clean player trying to play the puck.

Julien has to go and take away any empathy anybody might have had for the B's though. Can't help himself. Can't stand that hypocrite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad