Seidenberg boarding of Toews; DoPS review but no hearing; Toews status ???

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
His knee is firing him from behind into the boards. That said, every dirty play doesn't require a suspension.

And I certainly like the Hawks alot more then the Bruins.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hey guys wanna know why he wasn't suspended a game? Because you are taking 50,000 bucks away from a guy who did something that happens multiple times a game.

A two minute minor was correct. It was a typical board with no malice. Happens hundreds of times a year. It was just the awkward spill that was scary.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Think the penalty on the ice could have been a 5min major, that's all the beef I have with this.

It was a check to Toews right side, his back numbers are visible thru the entire check.

Bad result to a good hockey check. (sometimes players get hurt from good hard hockey hits)

Shouldn't be even 2 minutes.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
Accidental or not, the league is trying to get this nonsense out of the league. Seidenberg being a clean player or not, is not an excuse. Toews was far from the boards and was pushed recklessly. 2 games, Bruins were playing cheap the whole night. What else is new. [Mod]

The nonsense is your post

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Accidental or not, the league is trying to get this nonsense out of the league. Seidenberg being a clean player or not, is not an excuse. Toews was far from the boards and was pushed recklessly. 2 games, Bruins were playing cheap the whole night. What else is new. [Mod]

The bruins playing the whole night.....?

Maybe its the beer in me and the bowl of popcorn I've got here... but please... do tell?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The bruins playing the whole night.....?

Maybe its the beer in me and the bowl of popcorn I've got here... but please... do tell?

HA were you even watching the game?

That bruins hit the Blackhawk after the Blackhawk scored. Typical bruins. Classless, dirty, and cheap.

O wait

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
For those of you saying that Seidenberg did something wrong here's my question. What should Seidenberg have done? Just leave him untouched so that he can make a play that could lead to a goal?

He has to make a physical play there and he has to do it quickly and hard enough that it actually stops Towes.

Uh, ride Toews into the boards and pin him there like every other defensemen does when they don't want to board a player? He has perfect positioning to do just that. It eliminates Toews from the play and gives Seidenberg or his teammates an opportunity to pick the puck off the boards cleanly. You literally see this in every game but instead Seidenberg decided to knock him head first into the boards. It was dangerous and he sat for it.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 8m8 minutes ago
Jonathan Toews winds and fires. Fully participated in the #Blackhawks morning skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad