Sportsnet: Seguin "disappointed" to not have an extension yet

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
But if Seguin was a Leaf and Tavares was in New York you would be saying the opposite.

Even in NY, he was still a better player. I don't really get how somebody could argue that?

I am one of the posters on here who for the most part looks at all sides, and tries to remain neutral. I don't care who is on my team, I look at player resumes.

Anyway, I do think this gets resolved quickly, I can't imagine Nill will wait on this any longer.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah?

He has out preformed Tyler every step of the way? literally in every way. The only thing Tyler did was score 40 last year, and JT 37. JT still had more points, and he makes players around him much better.

But to each their own choices :)
That's odd, because in the 5yrs Seguin has been in Dallas, JT has only outproduced him 2x. and 1 of those was because Seguin was Injured for 11 games. But to each their own

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Even in NY, he was still a better player. I don't really get how somebody could argue that?

I am one of the posters on here who for the most part looks at all sides, and tries to remain neutral. I don't care who is on my team, I look at player resumes.

Anyway, I do think this gets resolved quickly, I can't imagine Nill will wait on this any longer.

Seguin at his age, has the better resume?

Tavares has three 70 point seasons at 26. Seguin has five straight at 26 and wasn’t healthy for a few of those.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Someone probably asked Seguin if he was disappointed to not have a deal yet, and he replied "yeah its disappointing, but we plan to have more talks soon. I want to stay in Dallas, and it's just a matter of $$$/term"

Then the reporter "Seguins Disappointed"!!!!!

Reactions: Kcb12345

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
But if Seguin was a Leaf and Tavares was in New York you would be saying the opposite.
I think most would choose Seguin due to age, but Tavares is no slouch either. I hope Dallas gets him signed, seems like he wants to play there,

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if he ends up on the market, i would not be surprised if carolina makes a play for him (obviously he would need to agree to an extension before any deal is made)

they have the forward and defense depth to make a trade and i think the only piece they would say no to trading is svech

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
the Video is pretty damning but the video was clearly edited so who knows what is missing, but if that is true, i would hope it is because Nill was trying to bring in Karlsson/Tavares, and not the sheer amount of stupidity that the Video makes it out to be. There is absolutely no reason Nill shouldn't call him up tomorrow and say "11mil a year, 91% of it is in Signing Bonus, sign on the line"

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
That's odd, because in the 5yrs Seguin has been in Dallas, JT has only outproduced him 2x. and 1 of those was because Seguin was Injured for 11 games. But to each their own

Since 2010-11

Tyler 590g and 505pt
JT 587g and 567pt

TS=.85
JT=.96

Since Tyler has been in the NHL

Playoffs

Tyler 49g and 21pt
JT 29g and 22pt

TS=.42
JT=.75

One player is 26 and the other is 27. So not a massive age difference

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Good thing you went back to those years where Seguin was burried behind a quality Boston lineup to try and make a point.

I was just picking the time they were both in the league.

JT has been better all the way through, and in playoffs

I don't mean any disrespect or anything, and I am sorry if I came off that way

Not saying this was you at all, but I just hate when people spout off about player x being better than player Y, and it's just because they like them more. Maybe HF has jaded me lol

I love both players, and I hope Tyler is signed soon :)

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I know it's popular to dump on reporters these days but nobody forced Seguin to say that they haven't talked SINCE THE DRAFT. Whether that's the truth or not is a different story, but someone asked him about the contract and Seguin gave his answer. He could have gone with "no comment" or "we're making progress" but he didn't.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Seguin at his age, has the better resume?

Tavares has three 70 point seasons at 26. Seguin has five straight at 26 and wasn’t healthy for a few of those.

Tavares also had 47 points in 48 games (lockout year) and 66 points in 59 games (injury). To go along with two Hart nominations and a 2nd place in the scoring race.

Reactions: dukeofjive

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Tavares lost a tier on July 1

LOL

People are gonna think what they want. NHL people, in the business understand the values of these players.

It's not a fight worth fighting on these boards.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Since 2010-11

Tyler 590g and 505pt
JT 587g and 567pt

TS=.85
JT=.96

Since Tyler has been in the NHL

Playoffs

Tyler 49g and 21pt
JT 29g and 22pt

TS=.42
JT=.75

One player is 26 and the other is 27. So not a massive age difference

You could have admit that his claim was right but what’s great about numbers is that you can always find a way to make them fit your narrative.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Yeah?

He has out preformed Tyler every step of the way? literally in every way. The only thing Tyler did was score 40 last year, and JT 37. JT still had more points, and he makes players around him much better.

But to each their own choices :)

Seguin makes players around him better too and also plays a much more dynamic style suited for today’s game. Both are great I just prefer Tyler

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You could have admit that his claim was right but what’s great about numbers is that you can always find a way to make them fit your narrative.

I didn't mean to come off as an ass, I am literally the last person who would.

I simply just picked the number they have had since coming into the league. I didn't get into possession metrics or team metrics or linemate numbers with them etc.

He has straight up produced more, outside of any other metrics.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Seguin makes players around him better too and also plays a much more dynamic style suited for today’s game. Both are great I just prefer Tyler

Completely fair

I like a cycle style that is suited more to playoff hockey. I like the way John works in and off the cycle and boards. He is less dynamic, but I find his game more suited to playoff success.

Among other things lol but that is what I really like about him.

Seguin still deserves to be paid, and paid well. I am confused as to what has been going on behind the scenes.

Somebody is lying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad