Sportsnet: Seguin "disappointed" to not have an extension yet

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kind of funny yesterday Nurse gets interviewed at Biosteel camp and has no concerns, yet he has no contract for this year.

Today they talk to a guy who is one year away from needing a contract and he's dissapointed.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Kind of funny yesterday Nurse gets interviewed at Biosteel camp and has no concerns, yet he has no contract for this year.

Today they talk to a guy who is one year away from needing a contract and he's dissapointed.
Yeah sound like Media jsut trying to get clicks because while I dont doubt he isnt happy (I mean we are a dumpster fire of a team that should be good but consistently isnt) Im not sure I believe the "There was talk at the draft between sides and nothing since" seeing as Nill has been interviewed this summer and said that the talks have been on going.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah sound like Media jsut trying to get clicks because while I dont doubt he isnt happy (I mean we are a dumpster fire of a team that should be good but consistently isnt) Im not sure I believe the "There was talk at the draft between sides and nothing since" seeing as Nill has been interviewed this summer and said that the talks have been on going.

Yeah, I remember him saying that.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
If I have more than 8K in the bank, I feel rich, let alone 80 million :laugh:

I live in Toronto, if I am able to spend 8k and not feel bad, life is fantastic hahaha so damn expensive downtown.

P.S I am not hurting, but that is the reality of T.O

Back to topic, I agree with the poster above. Nill has said this has been ongoing, so a bit strange.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
This isn't about the media. Seguin voluntarily provided a quote about negotiations and he could have kept his mouth shut.

NDetroitFan

Jan 9, 2017
Macomb, MI
I could see Holland making a big splash with a Seguin singing next off season. By my estimates the Wings are going to go into next free agent season with a huge pile of cap space.

If they LTIRetire Z (6.08M) and Franzen (3.9M) that’s almost 10M

Plus expiring contracts of Nyquist (4.75M), Vanek (3M), Frk (1M), Kronwall (4.7M) & Howard (5.3M) add up to another 18+M

Kenny would have all 28M of that to play with since the wings have no major RFA to take care of next year.

I’d prefer he went the Arizona route for a year or two and took a couple garbage contracts along with young assets to strengthen the rebuild but odds are he’ll go big game hunting instead.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I could see Holland making a big splash with a Seguin singing next off season. By my estimates the Wings are going to go into next season with a huge pile of cap space.

Plus expiring contracts of Nyquist (4.75M), Vanek (3M), Frk (1M), Kronwall (4.7M) & Howard (5.3M) add up to another 18+M

Kenny would have all 28M of that to play with since the wings have no major RFA to take care of next year.

I’d prefer he went the Arizona route for a year or two and took a couple garbage contracts along with young assets to strengthen the rebuild but odds are he’ll go big game hunting instead.

Nah.... you guys should never go the Zona route, you are better than that lol

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Nill probably made a "meh" offer just so he can say he is doing his job until he knows for sure how much he can pay him... but quite frankly, signing Seguin should be #1 priority.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

https://www.tsn.ca/seguin-on-extension-nothing-s-really-going-on-it-s-been-disappointing-1.1164048

There's video there where Seguin says they haven't really been talking. Don't really think you can blame the media here.

Reactions: Chuck Norris Trophy

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I could see Holland making a big splash with a Seguin singing next off season. By my estimates the Wings are going to go into next free agent season with a huge pile of cap space.

Dallas has more then 30M in cap next season, if Seguin leaves its because he wants to play on a contender or a team closer then Dallas. Or unless Nill forgets to make an offer lol

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I would prefer him to Tavares

Yeah?

He has out preformed Tyler every step of the way? literally in every way. The only thing Tyler did was score 40 last year, and JT 37. JT still had more points, and he makes players around him much better.

But to each their own choices :)

Reactions: kevrondl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad