Sportsnet: Seguin "disappointed" to not have an extension yet

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This Faulk+1st isn't enough for Seguin.
While the value is there I dont think Dallas does that deal because we would need the replacement player to be a forward. No knock on Pesce but with Lindell, Heiskanen and klingberg on D and the severe lack of top 6 forwards on the team if we move Segiun I highly doubt if they were to move him a deal would be centered around a top end D like Pesce

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
While the value is there I dont think Dallas does that deal because we would need the replacement player to be a forward. No knock on Pesce but with Lindell, Heiskanen and klingberg on D and the severe lack of top 6 forwards on the team if we move Segiun I highly doubt if they were to move him a deal would be centered around a top end D like Pesce
I was actually thinking Necas would be the guy that is most coveted in the deal from Dallas' point of view. He is a very high-end center prospect that will make the Canes this year. Probably starts as the 3rd line center behind Aho and Staal, but he has all the tools to be top-6 in a year or two...maybe even this year. He'd be the direct replacement for Segiun. Now, of course he doesn't have the value for a one for one trade, so I also added a very good and great contract D (Pesce) and a 1st.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Nill probably told him to hang tight until he knows if there squiring a big name or not . Would be nice to know how much salary your gonna have before you go giving big contracts out . Can’t think of another reason why they wouldn’t have at least talked about it before now .

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If NHL teams even sniffed the possibility of Seguin leaving, I am SURE the HABS would be all over this like a fat kid on a Smartie or a drunk person on poutine.

The fact that they aren't says that they are pretty certain he's not leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad