Sportsnet: Seguin "disappointed" to not have an extension yet

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Well this is good news to some sort. He at least wants to stay. Now if a deal does not get done I would say fire Jim Nill. We all know he can’t draft a replacement. I don’t count heiskanen cause that was a given. All GMs would have taken him at #3.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Well this is good news to some sort. He at least wants to stay. Now if a deal does not get done I would say fire Jim Nill. We all know he can’t draft a replacement. I don’t count heiskanen cause that was a given. All GMs would have taken him at #3.

Just trade him for every 5th round pick in the next draft and enjoy your dynasty.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If I had to guess Dallas probably offered him a fair deal(10M+) and he didn't accept
Only 1 player in league getting more then 10 million aav is worth it. No one else. We all know who he is.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I'd imagine if he leaves Dallas (I'd be shocked if he does) that just about every team will be pining for his services

He ain't a bad consolation prize for San Jose losing Tavares.

Reactions: thadd

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'd imagine if he leaves Dallas (I'd be shocked if he does) that just about every team will be pining for his services

He ain't a bad consolation prize for San Jose losing Tavares.

I’d take Seguin over Tavares and I am sure I am far from alone on that. He deserves to set a higher bar, 11.25M-11.5M. Dallas shouldn’t be offering anything less than the Tavares deal.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Not sure how much truth there is to the "No talks since the draft" bit since Nill seems to suggest that there have been some.

That being said I think everyone is a little disapointed. I hope Nill isnt low balling him because after the Tavares contract there is really no use in negotiation to try and offer him less than 10.5. He is worth every penny and all be mad as hell if ends up walking. Also if it comes out that it was a dollar amount less than 11 that caused him to not sign here then Nill not only deserves to be fired, but should never be considered for another GM or AGM job ever again

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Not sure what you're basing this on. How has Seguin shown he is a tier above JT?

Yeah, you have to wonder lol Tyler deserves to be paid, and I really love him as a player, but he is not JT.

But regardless, this is a thread about his contract, and I expect it to be dealt with before camp.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
There just so happens to be a certain team with an opening at 1/2C and has the number 91 at the ready if Mr. Seguin fancies himself the bright lights of the Nassau Coliseum....

I could see that actually

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm confident Dallas is looking to sign him long-term.

If, however, Seguin wants to explore free agency, I'm doubly confident that Dallas will read between the lines and make a trade prior to the deadline.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Yeah, you have to wonder lol Tyler deserves to be paid, and I really love him as a player, but he is not JT.

But regardless, this is a thread about his contract, and I expect it to be dealt with before camp.
Jt is older and other then that he has nothing on Seguin. That and being overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad