Proposal: Sebastian Aho (NYI) to the LA Kings

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
(FYI not a fan of Isles, wouldn't mind if they made a bad deal)

bad deal for NYI, a 31 yr old marginal F for a potential NHL regular D age 22

send the Isles Kempe instead, a hockey deal young F for young D
or at least a different younger guy, like maybe Amadio

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

For the sake of argument he is 24 in a couple days. As I stated above my fear is if he doesn't get a shot with us he might look going back to Sweden next year

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
to my fellow king fans that are saying no to the deal This kid had 20 pp points in the ahl last year . The kings pp has been dreadful for the last 5 years time to get someone that can actually do something on it if nothing else.

ya the more I read this thread the more I would say yes. Still want to find a way to get Clague and more importantly Anderson NHL games.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
ya the more I read this thread the more I would say yes. Still want to find a way to get Clague and more importantly Anderson NHL games.
well I listen to the mayors and Bernstein podcast kings of the podcast and they were suggesting this is the sorta trade the kings need to make. They need player 23 - 25 with talent and Aho is the perfect example of this

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I think it's reasonable to say Aho is worth at least a third round pick. He has a good chance to stick as a bottom pairing Dman.

Since he's NHL ready and it's a position of need, Aho is a far better choice for LA than a lottery ticket third round pick with a <20% chance of ever playing an NHL game.

With that being said, I suspect any Isles deal with Aho will be as part of a package for an NHL player.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Aho deserves more respect. Nothing against Trevor Lewis but Aho has shown some good potential.

I’d rather give a mid round pick for Lewis who at this point is a 4th liner. Bardreau could very well have a similar impact and he’s in house.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
(FYI not a fan of Isles, wouldn't mind if they made a bad deal)

send the Isles Kempe instead, a hockey deal young F for young D
or at least a different younger guy, like maybe Amadio
Marginal?
Lewis is a grizzled vet. A Leader. A Winner or 2 stanley cups, a beast in the playoffs, and there is a rumor that he has sung in the Mormon Tabernacle Chior

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Aho deserves more respect. Nothing against Trevor Lewis but Aho has shown some good potential.

I’d rather give a mid round pick for Lewis who at this point is a 4th liner. Bardreau could very well have a similar impact and he’s in house.
We could add, I would want Aho on name alone. I would get his jersey and add a consonant and a vowel at the end

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Let’s quietly add in Josh Ho-Sang to this deal and see if LA notices.

Funny thing is that I'd be willing to take on Ho-sang as a project. I know he's a head case but LA needs some skilled guys that can create offense.

And to the actual point of the deal. While I think it's a fine deal. I don't think LA should be going after any LHD with how deep the are on that side. A skilled Center/Winger or a RHD makes more sense. But the deal is fine if made by management

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Funny thing is that I'd be willing to take on Ho-sang as a project. I know he's a head case but LA needs some skilled guys that can create offense.

So do the Islanders and we're not high on him at all lol.

I do hope JHS gets an NHL shot with someone. There's skill there that more than half the league's players don't have, it's a shame he hasn't been able to get the chip over his shoulder off.

Someone should grab him for a mid-round pick and crazy glue his lips together, give him a frontal lobotomy and put him on the ice.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Ontario Reign already has Clague, Bjornfot, Anderson, Durzi and Ladue as puck movers. They need a bruiser more than anything else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad