Proposal: Sebastian Aho (NYI) to the LA Kings

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Lmao @ getting my hopes up I have been a king fan 30 + years I know disappointment and low expectations well. I am not hoping one way or another only commenting on the fact that Bernstein and others have reported . Bernstein correctly reported deans firing before anyone else so the man has my respect when he says things like this. Btw the coaches name is
Todd McLellan not Tim Mclellan and i never once said his job is online. Blake may not even be fired but moved into another job according to reports. This team needs middle age talent and aho is this despite ur denials He would be alot better for a rebuild then a 3rd (at best) more likely a 4th round pick
Yeah been a fan since 82,I know the feelings of disappointment lol.I still say pass on Aho.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
it's because people massively overrate draft picks

No, people massively overrate replacement level players.

You can sign 10 Sebatian Aho's out of the khl/ahl/ncaa/NHL FA pool at any given moment. Practically the only realistic way of getting a Sebastian Aho, however, is to hit on him in the draft however unlikely.

I'd happily take a low percentage shot at a star player

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If Aho was NHL ready, he'd be playing in the NHL, not scratched every night They would trade Leddy for something real to make room for him. But they won't, because he's not.
Yeah, because politics have never ever in the whole history of the NHL had any kind of role in which players get to play?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I'd happily take a low percentage shot at a star player

Go far it, 30% of the 3rd round picks wind up playing in the NHL with even less than that becoming more than bottom pairing or top 6 talent and with the odds decreasing dramatically with each round, you HAVE to horde up those 3rd-7th rounders to even get that low % shot at a star player

By star player, I mean a 3rd pairing defenseman, possibly a 3rd line forward if you really hit on the odds. Even then, you've got about a 3-5 year wait before they even touch NHL ice.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Go far it, 30% of the 3rd round picks wind up playing in the NHL with even less than that becoming more than bottom pairing or top 6 talent and with the odds decreasing dramatically with each round, you HAVE to horde up those 3rd-7th rounders to even get that low % shot at a star player

By star player, I mean a 3rd pairing defenseman, possibly a 3rd line forward if you really hit on the odds. Even then, you've got about a 3-5 year wait before they even touch NHL ice.

Again, who cares. If I need a Gaten Haas I can get a Gaten Haas in a week for free. Give me a 5‰ shot at a Jamie Benn since there's a thousand replacement level players floating on the edges of the nhl anyway

Just look at all the players that clear waivers each year

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If Aho was NHL ready, he'd be playing in the NHL, not scratched every night They would trade Leddy for something real to make room for him. But they won't, because he's not.

Keep in mind the isles kept Pulock in the AHL until he was 23 and out of waiver options.
The press and fans kept repeating that 24 yr Toews was nhl ready,but the isles did not bring him up until injuries forced their hands. He's now a regular on their 2nd paring.

Trotz in the middle of a tight playoff race with 6 teams fighting for 5 spots, will not want 2 rookie D in top 6 roles: Dobson/Aho.
He has been healthy scratched in his brief call ups this season because of that.

And with the looming expansion draft + Leddy's $5m+ salary...it may be Lou's plan to move Leddy this summer and give Aho every shot to stick in that spot.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Again, who cares. If I need a Gaten Haas I can get a Gaten Haas in a week for free. Give me a 5‰ shot at a Jamie Benn since there's a thousand replacement level players floating on the edges of the nhl anyway

It's more like a .01% chance of getting a Jamie Benn every but I get your point. You can have a 4th-5th rounder for Lewis. Enjoy that pick. We'll check back in a decade to see if that pick made the AHL.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

No match here then.

The isles scouted the recent Flames/LA game and with their need for a bottom 6 center, fans speculated they were scouting Lewis or Jankowski.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
It's more like a .01% chance of getting a Jamie Benn every but I get your point. You can have a 4th-5th rounder for Lewis. Enjoy that pick. We'll check back in a decade to see if that pick made the AHL.

1 in 10000? I don't think a mid round star player comes along once every 50 years

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
No, but what crap can we read sometimes! Obviously, let's trade an experience defenseman in the middle of the playoffs run! Having depth in defense is very important! Didn't you notice with the loss of Pelech?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
It's about as accurate as an estimate as your 5%. Quickly reviewing the Kings entire draft history, outside of Quick in the 3rd round there's nothing in this century that comes close to being a star picked in a round other than the 1st or 2nd.

Seems like a kings problem not a pick problem.

Detroit put together a dynasty out of late round picks, Tampa is where they are because they get a Palat/Johnson/Corelli/Marchessault/Gourds every other year, Calgary has quite a bit to show for Gaudreau and Brodie at least

But if you really need a Sébastian Aho Nikita Nesterov is a phone call away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad