Proposal: Sebastian Aho (NYI) to the LA Kings

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Aho has been in the AHL 3 seasons and made the all-star team each season. A smart,mobile D. He is blocked by the isles glut on the blueline.

My big fear with Aho is that given he has already played 3 seasons, he might want to go back to Sweden if he doesn't get a better shot. It should alos be noted to add on what you say I actually think his AHL stats this year don't tell the full story, the Islanders farm team can't score worth crap so on a better team he probably gets more points

All that being said I do think Aho can be a decent pickup for a team that can slot him on the bottom pairing and put up with a couple growing pains for the next year or 2

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I’d do it but I think LA would be happy with picks for Lewis.

You'd rather a 4th or 5th rounder? A player in all likelihood as a 5% chance of actually playing an NHL game in their career?

on edit: Not you, but why would the team want fourth or fifth rounders instead of a player that could step into the NHL or be just a phone call away from filling in?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You'd rather a 4th or 5th rounder? A player in all likelihood as a 5% chance of actually playing an NHL game in their career?

on edit: Not you, but why would the team want fourth or fifth rounders instead of a player that could step into the NHL or be just a phone call away from filling in?

Don't get me wrong in this case ur right take the prospect and run . However to answer ur question its called having faith in your teams scouts to find the player the fits best in ur system for now and future The Kings scouts have made several late round gems So the average king fan has faith in there scouts Also the pick ur talking is at least a 3rd for Lewis

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019

it's because people massively overrate draft picks

Reactions: JBeast

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Aho has been in the AHL 3 seasons and made the all-star team each season. A smart,mobile D. He is blocked by the isles glut on the blueline.
I am surprised you would rather have a mid rounder,then the NHL ready Aho.

I think we're more looking to add draft picks 1. Because this is a strong draft. 2. We can use the additional picks to move up.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
This LAK fan takes this deal. Lewis has plenty of playoff experience, though it's been a few years.

Aho allows LA to move Ryan or Hutton. I'm more confident LA would do worse than better than this offer.
Yep I'd do it too. Call up Luff and trade Ryan for a 5th or whatever and have Aho take his place. It's all about creating spots for kids at this point.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Man was hoping this thread would be for the other Aho but no way Carolina moves him, and no way LA is in a position to give up the necessary assets.

As for the D-man Aho. LA does need defensmen but I am meh on Aho. Rather see what Clague and Anderson can do in the NHL than bring in Aho.

Lewis for a 4th or 5th.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
No from NYI perspective, they need a center.

Counter offer to a different Californian franchise... Derek Grant for a pick/prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad