Proposal: Sebastian Aho (NYI) to the LA Kings

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
You would never pick someone as good as this kid with the pick you would get for Lewis .
Why trade him for Lewis?

I said I’d do it but I’m not certain LA would.

Smaller dman are having more success but I’m not sure he steals a spot in LA.

Mikey Anderson, Clague, and Bjornfot have legit shots next year.

Doughty, Walker, and Roy, are regulars.

MacD is a killer and provides physicality.

Adding Aho wouldn’t hurt but he is no lock.

Again, I’d take the deal myself.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
For the sake of argument he is 24 in a couple days. As I stated above my fear is if he doesn't get a shot with us he might look going back to Sweden next year
And why would he do that? He has just spent three seasons in the AHL, so unless I am mistaken, he will have to go through the waivers starting next year if a team (maybe the Isles) wants to return him to the AHL. He will then have a real idea of his chances of breaking into the NHL. He's so close to the point, why ruin everything and go back to Sweden right now? He should give himself at least one more season before giving up.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Islanders can use Center Depth, especially with Cizikas out for a month and LA can use young bodies so

NYI: Sebastian Aho

for

LA: Tevor Lewis
No from this Kings fan.
Kings need picks,not roster players right now,so it's a easy no.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No from this Kings fan.
Kings need picks,not roster players right now,so it's a easy no.

Disagree Kings need some young stop gap talent. There is no way clague and anderson both make it Aho can do something they both cant score on the pp Something the kings need desperately is to improve the pp. He looks to be the best option on the left side if we had him. Last few games i have seen Iafallo on the point ffs

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Why trade him for Lewis?

I said I’d do it but I’m not certain LA would.

Smaller dman are having more success but I’m not sure he steals a spot in LA.

Mikey Anderson, Clague, and Bjornfot have legit shots next year.

Doughty, Walker, and Roy, are regulars.

MacD is a killer and provides physicality.

Adding Aho wouldn’t hurt but he is no lock.

Again, I’d take the deal myself.

Clague and Bjornfot may, but Anderson needs a lot more time.

Reactions: go4hockey

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Disagree Kings need some young stop gap talent. There is no way clague and anderson both make it Aho can do something they both cant score on the pp Something the kings need desperately is to improve the pp. He looks to be the best option on the left side if we had him. Last few games i have seen Iafallo on the point ffs
We need picks and prospects nothing more in these trades.Stop gaps can be found in FA.Get as many picks and prospects as possible.Carolina has the assets.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
We need picks and prospects nothing more in these trades.Stop gaps can be found in FA.Get as many picks and prospects as possible.Carolina has the assets.

We need players that can play period. This kid can help our pp He had 20 points in the ahl last year. Hell his 40+ points is more then most of our forward ffs If u read our forum there is a cry out for more offensive talent This kid can and has been a offensive defenseman at every level. The more kid we have that actually play the better. Now to talk about Lewis what do u honestly think is pick value is 3rd maybe 4th The odds of said player being better then Aho is low. The odds of that kid being nhl player even lower. This draft pick will take 4 years minium to even have a shot to make it. Aho plays bottom pair with pp mins tommorrow.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
We need players that can play period. This kid can help our pp He had 20 points in the ahl last year. Hell his 40+ points is more then most of our forward ffs If u read our forum there is a cry out for more offensive talent This kid can and has been a offensive defenseman at every level. The more kid we have that actually play the better. Now to talk about Lewis what do u honestly think is pick value is 3rd maybe 4th The odds of said player being better then Aho is low. The odds of that kid being nhl player even lower. This draft pick will take 4 years minium to even have a shot to make it. Aho plays bottom pair with pp mins tommorrow.

Not interested in Aho,just picks and prospects.Carolina has plenty to give.We need to leave room for the youth coming up.We dont need help on our PP or winning games for at lease two more seasons.Team is rebuilding thru the draft and trades involving propects.Less wins the bigger.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Not interested in Aho,just picks and prospects.Carolina has plenty to give.We need to leave room for the youth coming up.We dont need help on our PP or winning games for at lease two more seasons.Team is rebuilding thru the draft and trades involving propects.Less wins the bigger.

Aho would be our best left handed defense prospect by a landslide and hes ready now. Let him get experience now and be ready when we have a shot at the playoffs At best a 3rd round pick for lewis is going to sniff the nhl for at least 4 years and then a couple before i would say hes a regular contributing on the team Your plan will take to long Also when hes in the nhl u can have one of Anderson or Calgue development more in the ahl

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Aho would be our best left handed defense prospect by a landslide and hes ready now. Let him get experience now and be ready when we have a shot at the playoffs At best a 3rd round pick for lewis is going to sniff the nhl for at least 4 years and then a couple before i would say hes a regular contributing on the team Your plan will take to long Also when hes in the nhl u can have one of Anderson or Calgue development more in the ahl
My plan? No thats the Kings plan.The plan is to complete in three years with the next two years rebuilding.Thats what ownership signed off on and agreed upon by Blake and a condition by coach Mclellan to take the job.There will be no short cuts and want to do it right.Look for stop gap veterans over the next two years.

Last edited:

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
If Aho was NHL ready, he'd be playing in the NHL, not scratched every night They would trade Leddy for something real to make room for him. But they won't, because he's not.

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
My plan? No thats the Kings plan.The plan is to complete in three years with the next two years rebuilding.Thats what ownership signed off on and agreed upon by Blake and a condition by coach Mclellan to take the job.There will be no short cuts and want to do it right.Look for stop gap veterans over the next two years.

I have read and heard different. I have heard 2 years with next year being a run closer to playoffs. However way having young pp offensive defenseman is a need now and for the future However as always this is my opinion feel free to have your own

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I have read and heard different. I have heard 2 years with next year being a run closer to playoffs. However way having young pp offensive defenseman is a need now and for the future However as always this is my opinion feel free to have your own
Yeah its cool to have a opinion for sure.I am going off what Blake and Mclellan have said.I dont think Aho is a guy Blake is looking at.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yeah its cool to have a opinion for sure.I am going off what Blake and Mclellan have said.I dont think Aho is a guy Blake is looking at.

Well i wouldn't trust a gm if he said the sun will raise in the morning. Bottom line Blakes is rumored to be out at the end of the season and will say whatever he can to save his job. Also McIcellan said the kings should extend toffoli so i am not putting any stock in what he says. The kings need talent in 22- 26 age range and Aho fit this description. Imo if hes not looking at Aho he should be . A 3rd round pick is going to do f all for a rebuild This type of defenseman is desperately needed.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Well i wouldn't trust a gm if he said the sun will raise in the morning. Bottom line Blakes is rumored to be out at the end of the season and will say whatever he can to save his job. Also McIcellan said the kings should extend toffoli so i am not putting any stock in what he says. The kings need talent in 22- 26 age range and Aho fit this description. Imo if hes not looking at Aho he should be . A 3rd round pick is going to do f all for a rebuild This type of defenseman is desperately needed.
Dont get your Hope's up on Blake being fired or that Aho will be who the Kings would be looking at as compensation for a trade.I am hearing Blake's job is safe and ownership signed off on the rebuilding plan.This is clear cause that was a condition by Tim Mclellan to accept the job,a true rebuild without cutting corners.Like it or hate it,the Kings have a plan.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Aren’t Aho’s numbers equivalent to LaDue and Clague?

Ive liked him since his WJC but dude is small for a dman.

I would do it just cause I’m over watching stone hands Trevor Lewis but Aho isn’t a world beater or a guaranteed lock.

Wouldn’t hurt to take a chance on him tho.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Dont get your Hope's up on Blake being fired or that Aho will be who the Kings would be looking at as compensation for a trade.I am hearing Blake's job is safe and ownership signed off on the rebuilding plan.This is clear cause that was a condition by Tim Mclellan to accept the job,a true rebuild without cutting corners.Like it or hate it,the Kings have a plan.

Lmao @ getting my hopes up I have been a king fan 30 + years I know disappointment and low expectations well. I am not hoping one way or another only commenting on the fact that Bernstein and others have reported . Bernstein correctly reported deans firing before anyone else so the man has my respect when he says things like this. Btw the coaches name is
Todd McLellan not Tim Mclellan and i never once said his job is online. Blake may not even be fired but moved into another job according to reports. This team needs middle age talent and aho is this despite ur denials He would be alot better for a rebuild then a 3rd (at best) more likely a 4th round pick

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Aren’t Aho’s numbers equivalent to LaDue and Clague?

I am not sure how many points those 2 guys get but in the case of Aho, the Islanders farm team sucks and can hardly score goals. Other then Bellows, Aho is the leading scorer for the team. On a better Team Aho probably has 5-10 more points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad