Seattle's YET still unnamed team

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
um, ..... it was more than just "heat."

You should really look this up.

Yeah, its before my time. Theres a war reference. With that in mind, it only strengthens my point because it made that name even more localized to that market, and calgary still kept it.

We go from a flaming A to a flaming C.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Loved the name sockeyes ever since it was tossed around. Some ppl think it’s cheesy but it fits the city well, it sounds great to say and it’s very different. I want a bad Azz fish logo in the nhl. Lol

Yup. True. Honestly, some of the current team names are awful. I firmly believe some of the old school names suck and we as fans are just used to them, so it’s fine. But if you tried to name a team those nowadays they would be mocked. Lol

I never really thought about it, but I'm imagining if someone came up with an O6 name today. I think the ones that might have not been well received today would be rangers, and maybe red wings.

But yeah, time has a way of just making team names feel right.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Seattle Serpents

S theme to go with all current and former Seattle sports teams, endless S shaped snake logo options, perfect for a green colour scheme which seems to be the official colours of the pacific northwest, (Canucks, Sounders, Seahawks & former Super Sonics)

Last edited:
Reactions: yukoner88

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Over the course of the last year Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke assured everyone that the team would be named by the end of last year. Seattle's NHL team name will arrive before end of 2019 And as the year went on and the team went still unnamed, I recall periodic speculation that it would be revealed during the 2020 Winter Classic. Well folks, we know the next Winter Classic will be in Minnesota, but........

Dragging it out like this is rather overdramatic and unncessary. At this point they may as well go ahead and throw the name "Procrastinators" in the ring for consideration. The logo for the team would be Bettingman and Lieweke sitting at a conference table across from one another with a question mark between them.
I don’t think it’s the all star game yet, is it?

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Is that you Todd? Sure has kept you entertained for a few days now though, hasn't it?

Let's see, they were awarded the franchise in Dec. 2018, then the name was originally supposed to come out in spring of last year, then before the end of last year......:blah: As a potential fan of the team, I wouldn't be real happy with this. Would you? I mean, what's there to defend here?

Seattle's NHL team name will arrive before end of 2019

I don't care, and it's ludicrous that you do to the extent that you do. It's silly for anyone to care all that much. That you think it's something that needs to be "defended" is... well, the most polite way I can put it is naïve.

So they were going to announce a team name and haven't yet; so what? What difference does it make? None at all. And any potential fan fickle enough to give a fig frankly isn't worth the trouble.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Seattle Sirens has potential. Imagine how annoying they could be.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
So they were going to announce a team name and haven't yet; so what? What difference does it make? .

Because I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to camp out for a few days at KeyArena before tickets go on sale. Besides, I think that the veracity of NHL executives is the most pressing issue in the world today.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don`t recall a moment where I have been intimidating by a leaf of a maple.

It`s very much about the story they (hopefully) build and the history they will build for decades and hopefully centuries. Totems is basically something you look up to, pray to. There are some good storytelling possibilities to build around.
Just please not Sockeyes

Yeah but the Maple Leaf has a century of history behind it, and lots of sc wins, lots of hof'ers have played with the Leaf on their sweater etc. I'm not intimidated by a big ch either, but like the Leaf it's something you don't question.

Seattle is different, it's a new team and they have to build an identity. Totems is just lame. I actually like the Sockeyes, if they do a good job with the logo design I could really get behind it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah but the Maple Leaf has a century of history behind it, and lots of sc wins, lots of hof'ers have played with the Leaf on their sweater etc. I'm not intimidated by a big ch either, but like the Leaf it's something you don't question.

Seattle is different, it's a new team and they have to build an identity. Totems is just lame. I actually like the Sockeyes, if they do a good job with the logo design I could really get behind it.
That century ago when Leafs were revealed, I bet no one was intimidated by them too. They had to build that name, that's what i'm saying. I get your point that they have to jump on this scary name etc, but I just don't agree with it and let's leave it at that

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Seattle Serpents

S theme to go with all current and former Seattle sports teams, endless S shaped snake logo options, perfect for a green colour scheme which seems to be the official colours of the pacific northwest, (Canucks, Sounders, Seahawks & former Super Sonics)

Seattle Slytherins?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The Seattle Corvus

It’s a family of bird including crows, ravens and others. Would be completely open to a variety of logos and color schemes. It’s unique and fits the area.

Last edited:

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
We haven’t seen a solid fish jersey in a while..

936A042A-329B-4A9B-8151-D1E0BEA04EED.jpeg

But seriously, Thunderbirds would be fantastic.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It’s different but that’s what a new day franchise would like though isn’t it? It also, to me, sounds better than Totems or Kraken.

Of the names that will probably be picked from though the Sockeyes is my choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad