Dec 24, 2019
Germany
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kiorei

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Makes sense.
Looking at the FA class it would be best trying to trade for someone.

So I guess there won't be much happening before next week.
Yeah. And even for trades, it's the best to wait. We don't need depth players and only high end talent. I am a fan of Bjorkstrand but even another trade like that makes little sense because we have a good top-9.

I won't be shocked if all we do is get a vet 4C who is good at face offs.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Compher will be way too expensive and Carolina should be out on EK after signing Orlov.

Right now it seems like Pittsburgh's talking to San Jose about EK.
I am an EK fan and think he immediately makes us better but that contract and injury history still worries me. Only way I want to get him is of Francis is the only one left in the race and gets him at a price he wants.

Given the Pens window, EK to them does make more sense too.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I am an EK fan and think he immediately makes us better but that contract and injury history still worries me. Only way I want to get him is of Francis is the only one left in the race and gets him at a price he wants.

Given the Pens window, EK to them does make more sense too.

Well, I doubt there's much of a "bidding war" given his contract and the fact we're still in a flat cap.

Overall I'm just looking at how we could get high end/game changing players on our roster without just sucking for a couple more years(not the plan by the team) and drafting really high.

If we don't do this we're set for a Nashville/Minnesota build that is a good team with limited upside.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, I doubt there's much of a "bidding war" given his contract and the fact we're still in a flat cap.

Overall I'm just looking at how we could get high end/game changing players on our roster without just sucking for a couple more years(not the plan by the team) and drafting really high.

If we don't do this we're set for a Nashville/Minnesota build that is a good team with limited upside.
I 100% agree with that thought. It is a legit concern about us taking the next step. We need game changers and if we don't then we may be in limbo unless our picks hit.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I 100% agree with that thought. It is a legit concern about us taking the next step. We need game changers and if we don't then we may be in limbo unless our picks hit.

Besides Wright(who needs to show more) which of our picks to you really think will "hit"?
And by hit I mean become difference makers/game changers?

BTW: The Pens just extended Jarry for 5x5.3M AAV and also signed Ryan Graves for 6x4.5M AAV.
Unless they have a third team helping out or send one of their huge contracts they'll probably have a hard time trading for Karlsson.

Last edited:

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Besides Wright(who needs to show more) which of our picks to you really think will "hit"?

BTW: The Pens just extended Jarry for 5x5.3M AAV and also signed Ryan Graves for 6x4.5M AAV.
Unless they have a third team helping out or send one of their huge contracts they'll probably have a hard time trading for Karlsson.
Does that leave us as the rumored team for EK? Not saying that we will but…

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Dragicevic, Nelson, Wright, Sale.

Outside chance Melanson, Firkus.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Does that leave us as the rumored team for EK? Not saying that we will but…

Well, Edmonto was rumored, before, as well and has about 6M left.
But they need to fill out their roster as well.

Overall an interesting situation to be in for the Kraken.
Of course unless San Jose is willing to retain on Karlsson while also eating a bad contract.

Dragicevic, Nelson, Wright, Sale.

Outside chance Melanson, Firkus.

I actually like Fisker-Molgaard more than anyone outside of Wright and Sale.

Though, does anyone become a real game changer or more on that Eberle, McCann, Bjorkstrand level?

Anyways, I hope all of them hit(I know, not all of them will) but I think it's more of the same of good players just a bit below the real game changers.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, Edmonto was rumored, before, as well and has about 6M left.
But they need to fill out their roster as well.

Overall an interesting situation to be in for the Kraken.
Of course unless San Jose is willing to retain on Karlsson while also eating a bad contract.
I would be pretty surprised if Francis handicaps us with Karlsson unless he think he can make it work financially. The Kraken are not that desperate.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I would be pretty surprised if Francis handicaps us with Karlsson unless he think he can make it work financially. The Kraken are not that desperate.

I don't think you handicap the team if Karlsson comes at an $8M AAV which was rumored to be the number the Sharks are at right now.

Especially with the cap going up 4 - 5 M every offseason for the next two.

Sounds like Pens gave Graves a 6 year deal.

It was 6x4.5M and they're now at less than $1M in cap space.

Also, the Avs gave Miles Wood a six year deal but the AAV isn't known even though the deal is known for a couple of hours. :laugh:

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Well I’m going to guess that it’s less than 3.25m. I’m going to say No Karlsson trade, unless it involves Dunn. Which isn’t completely out of the realm of possibility.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well I’m going to guess that it’s less than 3.25m. I’m going to say No Karlsson trade, unless it involves Dunn. Which isn’t completely out of the realm of possibility.

I don't fully get it unless the team thinks both Megna and Evans aren't good enough to play consistantly.
Or they don't think they can get a Dunn deal done.

Another option would be that both Schultz and Borgen are part of a Karlsson deal and Doumoulin can play at RHD?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I don't fully get it unless the team thinks both Megna and Evans aren't good enough to play consistantly.

Another option would be that both Schultz and Borgen are part of a Karlsson deal and Doumoulin can play at RHD?

I sense of incoming bullshit lol. Might be good bullshit, but might be bad bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Internet is shit on the drive and not been able to follow but the Dumo signing makes no sense unless we are unable to come to terms with Borgen. He is not a Dunn replacement and I would have thought we would have just bought Soucy back.

Reactions: G Backup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad