News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Landeskog* - Domi - Tarasenko
Gourde - McCann - Appleton
Johnsson - Gaudette - Virtanen
Tanev - Sissons - Fischer
Giordano - Larsson*
Soucy - Gostisbere
Bean - Miller
Dreidger*
Vanacek

22M cap space to sign Landeskog (9M) Larsson (4.5M) and Dreidger (4M) and that’s with 8 extras drafted to get to 30. Bellows, Clague, Gauthier, Gambrell, etc.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Did anyone think Vegas was a contender after their draft?

Nope, I don't think so. We have the benefit of hindsight from how that draft turned out and can apply similar principles from it to this one for the purposes of harmlessly projecting, though.

Aug 3, 2010
Best lineup I could make for the draft-eligible players (if they were in their primes):

Ovechkin - Thornton - Marleau
Perry - Getzlaf - Hall
Landeskog - Krejci - Eberle
Neal - Spezza - Tarasenko

Extras: E. Staal, Duchene, Zajac, Voracek, Simmonds, Johansen

Giordano - Chara
Weber - Edler
Subban - Hamilton

Extras: Stralman, Hamonic, Greene

Price
Rask

Not all in their preferred positions/handedness but the best I could come up with. Lots of extra players and your own preference/biases may vary, but it's a heck of a lineup.

Obviously not a draft-eligible team as there are more than one player selected per team, this is just a "Best of the Rest" team.

Last edited:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
So what do you have as a club. Heres mine, without any deal

Voracek Duchene Tarasenko
Gourde Domi Donskoii
Tanev Mccaan Acciari
Appleton Donato Virtanen
Extra: Benson, Fischer

DeAngelo Zadorov
Bean Clague
Butcher Fleury

extra: Zboril, Aho, Borgen, Cholowski, Kylington

Price
Vanecek

Daccord
Kahkonen
Point

74 milions

Tony DeAngelo AND Virtanen.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Best lineup I could make for the draft-eligible players (if they were in their primes):

Ovechkin - Thornton - Marleau
Perry - Getzlaf - Hall
Landeskog - Krejci - Eberle
Neal - Johansen - Tarasenko

Giordano - Chara
Weber - Edler
Hamonic - Hamilton

Price
Rask

Not all in their preferred positions/handedness but the best I could come up with. Lots of extra players and your own preference/biases may vary, but it's a heck of a lineup. Half of the d-core I chose were ex-Flames defencemen!

Ovechkin would be in that lineup for 3 games and wouldn't even play a single game with them

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Seattle picks 30 players. There is a 23 active player roster. Where do they get all the minor leaguers? Assuming they have AHL etc affiliates.

Thanks

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Finding cap balance will be key here.

There are some great top end wingers, and even a few goalies, but center and defense seem to be stuck in the middle, with a lot of cap filling that out. Gourde and Tierney seem to be the best Cs, but there is an imbalance with Tarasenko likely being the best forward taken...and then and then and then. If they don't mind going older, Quick and Bishop have reasonable cap hits for a few years too. Combine that with the number of top four D, and there could be a good team to be made here, if they don't throw cap away on so-so players.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Ovechkin is a UFA, he's not signing with Seattle whether they draft him or not.

I could see him doing it, the allure of leading an expansion team to victory as his last big achievement, as he literally handed sacks with dollar signs on them full of money to do it. Seattle could offer him a massive 2-3 year deal, make him captain, the face of their organization, and it would make a ton of sense from a marketing standpoint.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
100%
You also take Appleton over Demelo. Draft is heavy on D. Appleton already looks like a solid 2/3 RW. You take the young kid with upside.

They will do like Vegas and take around 12 Ds. Due to a shortlist of righties on defense, I think they'll take Demelo over Appleton.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Seattle picks 30 players. There is a 23 active player roster. Where do they get all the minor leaguers? Assuming they have AHL etc affiliates.

Thanks

Their affiliate doesn't come into the AHL next year.

Vegas signed a half dozen journeymen, waived some players & picked up some kids that don't reqire waivers.

Reactions: trellaine201

brent 44

Jul 11, 2010
This is the team, I drafted on Capfriendly. Cap hit is 59.9. The oldest skater is 28(Holtby is 31). Mostly avoids past their prime players with bad contracts.

Forwards
Drouin
Tierny
Compher
McCann
Vatrano
Namestnikov
Blais
Gambrell
Stenlund
Fischer
Shore
Gauthier
Kero
Grundstrom
Colton
Ritchie
Bellows

Defense
Gostisbehere
Petterson
Miller
Butcher
Demelo
Fleury
Benning
Bean
Kylington

Goalie
Holtby
Subban
Kahkonen
Vanecek

Reactions: 1989

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Thanks
They can/will trade some of the guys they pick so it won't be an issue. But they do have an AHL affiliate-Charlotte Checkers...for a few of the AHL guys they will have for callups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad