Not open for further replies.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is Dermott that important if you have 4D you’re protecting over him plus Sandin exempt? McCann paced for 61 points last year. I’d much rather have McCann as my 3C in Toronto than Dermott as my 6D

I agree with you. But Dubas Gonna Dubas.

Also, we don’t know of any side deals with Seattle yet. Have to wait until everything plays out.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Fleury/Henrique
Fischer
Lauzon
Borgen
Giordano
Bean
Gaudette
*Landeskog
Domi
Kero
Namestnikov/Svechnikov
Kahun/Khaira
*Dreidger
Grundstrom/AA/Clague
Soucy/Kahkonen
Kulak
Jarnkrok/Sissons/Ingram
Johnsson
Bellows
Gauthier
Abramov/Daccord
Gostisbehere/Voracek
Tanev/Aston-Reese
Donato/Gambrell
Tarasenko/Dunn
Gourde/Foote
McCann
Virtanen
Vanacek
Appleton

Last edited:

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Fleury
Fischer
Lauzon
Borgen
Giordano
Bean
Gaudette
*Landeskog
Domi
Kero
Namestnikov/Svechnikov
Kahun/Khaira
*Dreidger
Grundstrom/AA/Clague
Soucy/Kahkonen
Kulak
Jarnkrok/Sissons/Ingram
Johnsson
Bellows
Gauthier
Abramov/Daccord
Gostisbehere/Voracek
Tanev/Aston-Reese
Donato/Gambrell
Tarasenko/Dunn
Gourde/Foote
McCann
Virtanen
Vanacek
Appleton
2 or 3 of those guys plus picks for Eichel

Reactions: Sticktape

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Man, feel like Seattle could have a better team than Vegas on paper after this draft.

I wonder if Seattle will be anti-Vegas. Post Vegas expansion everyone thought Vegas would be terrible, but they were great. Maybe Seaatle will look great, but be terrible

Reactions: uncleben

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
we’ve reached peak bad trade offers now that we’ve landed on “guys their own teams felt were worth losing for free”
2nd overall and 2022 first are nice chips and I don't how to respond if you think there aren't a lot of quality pieces to be had on that list. The last expansion team almost won the cup. A player like Gourde to help stabalize a young group of Buffalo forwards for the next few years would be good. Seattle can definitely work out a trade to compete with other offers for Eichel. You think the 2nd overall a 2022 1st and 2 or 3 players from this list is peak bad trade offers?

Reactions: LokiDog

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Price and Tarasenko seem like slam dunks. Dreigder as a 1B? Give Landy his 6 years. Could be interesting. Depends on if they want to try and compete right away

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
In the sage words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was." In all professional sports, the top 1/4 or so of the GMs take advantage of the bottom 1/4 or so of the other GMs. Here, Seattle has a lot of opportunity to ice a pretty decent playoff-possible team right out of the gate, and they've basically had an extra year to dive deep into talent evaluations. But that's just the opportunity, and we'll have to see how well Seattle's GM pulls it off. And, really, we will not know until about mid-season if Ron Francis is a genius, merely average, or a schmuck, since you can put a group of talented guys together but the team chemistry has to work out too (arguably, that was the final key to the VGK's first-year success).

FWIW, I think these expansion drafts are good because they cause a mild churning of the NHL's talent pool by giving good organizations an opportunity for upgrades while freeing up a few talented players stuck in mediocre organizations.

Reactions: Bubbles

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
@bernmeister going to be pissed when he sees Rooney protected by NYR instead of Gauthier. Guess centers are worth more, even if they suck...

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Seattle drafts an all star team.

Seattle makes it to the SCF, Toronto doesn't.

HFB servers melt into the center of the earth.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: golffuul

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I have a feeling Landeskog will be their face... instant captain of the team and a pure leader

Seattle and area is such a beautiful spot.. will be an easy sell for free agents

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Francis is a very very conservative GM
he might pick 1 or 2 of the expensive guys, but most will go unclaimed

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
In the sage words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was." In all professional sports, the top 1/4 or so of the GMs take advantage of the bottom 1/4 or so of the other GMs. Here, Seattle has a lot of opportunity to ice a pretty decent playoff-possible team right out of the gate, and they've basically had an extra year to dive deep into talent evaluations. But that's just the opportunity, and we'll have to see how well Seattle's GM pulls it off. And, really, we will not know until about mid-season if Ron Francis is a genius, merely average, or a schmuck, since you can put a group of talented guys together but the team chemistry has to work out too (arguably, that was the final key to the VGK's first-year success).

FWIW, I think these expansion drafts are good because they cause a mild churning of the NHL's talent pool by giving good organizations an opportunity for upgrades while freeing up a few talented players stuck in mediocre organizations.

Very good points. McPhee was a consensus a "stupid" GM before the Vegas job. Now he's considered a mastermind.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

tim212

Apr 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
LA traded a 2nd + 3rd for Arvidsson and all 3 lightning forwards have been better than him the past couple of years. Detroit just paid a 2nd for 1 year of Leddy who has a higher cap than any of the lightning forwards. If you want to improve your roster you would pay the price but I guess 31 other teams don't want to compete next season.

What make you think any of the TB guys are available?

The Lightning HAVE to lose one player. If they were to trade Gourde for draft picks, for example, they would then lose Killorn or Palat to Seattle.

They have no reason to make such a trade, because then they're down two players instead of one.

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
So what do you have as a club. Heres mine, without any deal

Voracek Duchene Tarasenko
Gourde Domi Donskoii
Tanev Mccaan Acciari
Appleton Donato Virtanen
Extra: Benson, Fischer

DeAngelo Zadorov
Bean Clague
Butcher Fleury