News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Now that we have the lists, Seattle can go into 2 different directions, they can be competitive right out of the gate or they can build through the draft.

Which direction do you guys think is the best way?

Let's see your Seattle Kraken roster/ lines.

Based on those lists, no point building from scratch through the draft.

Bailey, Tarasenko, JVR, Gourde, Donksoi and Vatrano could be some of their possible of forwards, which would make them competitive if they find Cs. Dvorak, Duchene and RJ are the main Cs on offer, which isn't great.

Their goalies could be Holtby and Vanecek.
Their defence is almost certainly going to be decent, with Giordano being the leader.

It could be that they are a playoff team in year 1.

Reactions: viper0220

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
In what world do you protect Matt Martin? Can anyone explain that?
Lou protected both wingers from the energy line since he doesn’t want to lose either. He also probably has a deal in place with Cizikas that’ll be announced after the expansion draft itself to keep them all together. Huge guys when it comes to culture and the Locker room. Kind of similar or how much everyone raves about that Maroon guy and what he brings off the ice.

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
Would love to see a list that also has state of their contract. Knowing who's UFA and who has years left in their contract makes world of difference. Wish NHL's own would have had that list.

Reactions: McOvechking

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
They can't just "pick" a UFA. The player has to sign there.

I just looked at the draft rules. They have to pick one from each team for a total of 30, but it also reads, "Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season..."

Does that mean that they can pick as many as 10 UFA's?

Reactions: golffuul

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I just looked at the draft rules. They have to pick one from each team for a total of 30, but it also reads, "Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season..."

Does that mean that they can pick as many as 10 UFA's?
Or RFAs.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Realistically could pull Joseph a 3/4th and still get Gourde from the Lightning probably
They would either get Gourde OR Joseph. We dint giving both. The only player we would have to attach a prospect to would be Johnson, but at that point they could just take Joseph, Foote, etc without needing Johnson, but Gourde would be safe at that point.

They either take one of Tampas bigger contracts which might hurt but also has a silver lining. Or they take a kid and Tampa still has a pretty great top 6

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
What's the deal with Ovi being exposed? Is he pretty much guaranteed not to sign in Seattle and is therefore safe to expose?
He’s an UFA.
Most likely has a deal done with caps and signs post draft - like many other player will.

Pretty stupid for Seattle to pick Ovi just to lose him in FA back to Washington.

Stranger things has happened though.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm shocked how little time Seattle has to make decisions.. I realize offseason is short and there is and draft and Free Agent day and all that, but seems strange they see the names now and have to decide on the team/future of the team in a few days... I know for the most part Seattle kinda assumed who would be available, but there are still probably a ton of surprises.

Reactions: Duck Off

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Does ANYONE want to explain why Toronto traded for McCann yesterday just to go 4/4/1 today? If it’s between McCann and Dermott, with the amount of D available in this draft I’m definitely taking McCann. He had 32 points in 43 games last year while averaging just 14 minutes a night. He could be the 2C in Seattle and put up 60 points.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Does ANYONE want to explain why Toronto traded for McCann yesterday just to go 4/4/1 today? If it’s between McCann and Dermott, with the amount of D available in this draft I’m definitely taking McCann. He had 32 points in 43 games last year while averaging just 14 minutes a night. He could be the 2C in Seattle and put up 60 points.
Maybe that was TORs plan? Entice Seattle to take a certain player to protect another?

Reactions: New Liskeard

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Thats what Toronto wants, they traded for McCann to protect Dermott. expecting Seattle to take McCann

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
It's hard to imagine this team not being a top 8 team in this league. Obviously, it has to be built. The talent available here is mind boggling, even in a cap world.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nobody is spending first/2nd rounders for those contracts.

LA traded a 2nd + 3rd for Arvidsson and all 3 lightning forwards have been better than him the past couple of years. Detroit just paid a 2nd for 1 year of Leddy who has a higher cap than any of the lightning forwards. If you want to improve your roster you would pay the price but I guess 31 other teams don't want to compete next season.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad