Seattle expansion draft

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Not sure if similar has been posted before but was just wondering what the Seattle expansion draft will look like for the Leafs.
Are the rules the same as Vegas?

They allowed each team to either protect seven forwards, three defencemen, and one goaltender or, one goaltender and eight skaters regardless of position etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm way too early but What are your projections when it comes to what players they will protect?

Taveras
Matthew's
Marner
Nylander
Kadri

Rielly
Zaitsev
Gardiner (doubt they resign though)
Dermott (may not have enough games)

Freddy

Those are just some of the main names. Care too add? Who might they lose?
Will it even be an issue?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
as of now i would protect:

tavares
kadri
hyman
matthews
marner
nylander
johnson

rielly
dermott
liljegren

andersen

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I know that teens can only accumulate their professional years in the NHL and I know that he has yet to play 10 games with the big club. So there's that.
if he plays 40 nhl games in 2019-2020, which he most likely will, or 70 nhl games over the next two seasons, he will be eligible for the expansion draft.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
A lot can change from this year to next, too hard to predict everything that could happen so I'll wait till next year.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
and we still have to protect him though...
No. No we do not.

No matter what happens over the next two seasons he is already exempt.

Do yourself a favour and research expansion rules. Hint: Start with ELC slide. I'll save you a little time. Liljegren's birthday is in April.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think the Leafs should work towards collection some additional assets for that time so that they could trade them to Seattle in agreement for not selecting player 'X'

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
I think the Leafs should work towards collection some additional assets for that time so that they could trade them to Seattle in agreement for not selecting player 'X'
It's really not all that bad. I think they keep both Johnsson and Kappy and lose one of Brown or Hyman.

By that time they have Grundstrom, Korshkov, Bracco as replacements.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would expect 7-3-1. Imagine side deals will be just as popular with Seattle as they were with Vegas, so going that route "now" wouldn't necessarily surprise me. Likely better asset lost this time around, but there's also a better team that should be able to absorb that effectively enough.

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Matthews
Tavares
Marner
Nylander
Kadri
Hyman
Kapanen

Rielly
Gardiner
Dermott

Anderson

We likely lose Brown/Johnsson/Leivo

wouldnt be suprised if we gave up a pick to keep Brown

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Matthews
Tavares
Marner
Nylander
Kadri
Hyman
Kapanen

Rielly
Gardiner
Dermott

Anderson

We likely lose Brown/Johnsson/Leivo

wouldnt be suprised if we gave up a pick to keep Brown
Shouldnt cost too much to keep those guys. Looks like we're in pretty good shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad