Seattle clears major hurdle on the way to an NHL franchise

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Yeah just like you don't know what you're talking about is soooooo hard filled with substantive support for your claim. Give it a rest hotshot.

So your belief is that despite nutrition, lifting and all types of other coaching that NBA players today have lesser skillsets than NBA players of yesteryear?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So your belief is that despite nutrition, lifting and all types of other coaching that NBA players today have lesser skillsets than NBA players of yesteryear?

There's a difference between athletic ability and skills in this context. The fundamentals in the NBA have almost been completely forgotten about. These guys are much better athletes but they are hardly as skilled at the game.

Reactions: Gnashville

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
There's a difference between athletic ability and skills in this context. The fundamentals in the NBA have almost been completely forgotten about. These guys are much better athletes but they are hardly as skilled at the game.

And how do you quantify this?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
If more and more american teams are created and Québec doesn't get one soon, I'm done with the NHL. Seriously. I wish a new WHA was created.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If more and more american teams are created and Québec doesn't get one soon, I'm done with the NHL. Seriously. I wish a new WHA was created.
My money is on them getting a existing team, someone like Carolina or Florida while Seattle will get a new franchise to even out conferences.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Part of the problem with QC is that a lot of players seem to be reluctant to play in that market (see Eric Lindros)

Myth. When they were in the league, the Nordiques never had problem attracting players. Lindros is an isolated case, and he himself said that it wasn't the city, but the owner. Stop spreading that crap. Québec is a fantastic city. Much more than many which have nhl teams...

I don't. I'd rather see the NHL expand into big American markets than small Canadian markets. I never got the fascination with Quebec City getting a team, QC is a very small market and it would likely be overshadowed by Montreal.

It's not a smaller market than many others that are in the NHL, plus Québec is part of hockey history. Professional hockey began in Québec. They will sell out, believe me. Fans are passionate, and on the contrary, I think that a team in Québec would be an immediate success and will also boost the Canadiens rating, because of the rivalry. Will never be overshadowed by Mtl, and never were when they existed.

Reactions: Kelly

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
From a west team perspective

Pacific
Edmonton, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver, Arizona, Las Vegas
7x4=28
Play 4 times

Central
Houston, Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Winnipeg
8x3=24
Play 3 times

East play 2 times
16x2 is 32

Metro
Washington, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Columbus, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, New Jersey

Atlantic
Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Florida, Tampa Bay

Expand reg season to 84 games
Regular tie breakers
Top 4 makes playoffs
More points in each division/conference get home ice advantage
Keep the west vs east final

=win

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
From a west team perspective

Pacific
Edmonton, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver, Arizona, Las Vegas
7x4=28
Play 4 times

Central
Houston, Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Winnipeg
8x3=24
Play 3 times

East play 2 times
16x2 is 32

Metro
Washington, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Columbus, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, New Jersey

Atlantic
Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Florida, Tampa Bay

Expand reg season to 84 games
Top 4 playoffs
Regular tie breakers
More points get home ice advantage

=win
I see what you did there, Oilers Propagandist. :skeptic:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I see what you did there, Oilers Propagandist. :skeptic:

Yeah Houston Flames just doesn't ring any bells for me.

Houston Oilers though :nod:

Could even bring back this song with a few tweaks

But I'm not suggesting anyone be moved or anything :)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
j3ZbqtP.png

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
You're asking to quantify athletic ability, talent, and skill level in the context of how to play a game like this? You don't quantify talent or skill in any meaningful way.

Shooting percentage has steadily gone up

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/3-Percents.png

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Free-Percents.png

The players are bigger, stronger and faster and generating offense has gotten more difficult.

I really don't see how anyone could claim there isn't immense skill in the NBA and that the skill hasn't increased, are you going to back up what you said now or just continue to play the vaguery game?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shooting percentage has steadily gone up

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/3-Percents.png

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Free-Percents.png

The players are bigger, stronger and faster and generating offense has gotten more difficult.

I really don't see how anyone could claim there isn't immense skill in the NBA and that the skill hasn't increased, are you going to back up what you said now or just continue to play the vaguery game?

The idea that shooting percentage is the reflection of skill is hilarious. I'm waiting for you to back up your claim that it has. That doesn't do it at all. That's just cherry-picking and using it as a non-sequitur for a conclusion you wanted to get to beforehand. At least I'm honest about it. You don't quantify that stuff to reach that kind of conclusion unless you're trying to be disingenuous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad