Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got a call yesterday that I didn't answer. The call display said 011 7(804)144-62-5 Russia
The message they left was RNH reminding me to renew. The Oilers are too ridiculous at times. The timing of a call with a call display like that on the same day as the Whatsapp vulnerability is in the news is even better. Clearly the number spoofing didn't work because the last 10 digits is 780-414-4625 which is actually the OEG customer service number. Anyone else get that call?

I wonder if that is something with the phone, I have had calls from a good friend of mine in Florida and showed it was from Russia as well, even had local calls saying Russia. Maybe the Russians have our phones hacked LOL.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Why would the Oilers hide their number at all for something like that?

Nobody answers calls from unknown numbers located out of country in 2019.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Why would the Oilers hide their number at all for something like that?

Nobody answers calls from unknown numbers located out of country in 2019.
They didn't hide it on purpose. They probably hired an autodialling service whose system has the call originate in Russia and then screwed up the spoofing.

Reactions: oXo Cube

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
I got a call yesterday that I didn't answer. The call display said 011 7(804)144-62-5 Russia
The message they left was RNH reminding me to renew. The Oilers are too ridiculous at times. The timing of a call with a call display like that on the same day as the Whatsapp vulnerability is in the news is even better. Clearly the number spoofing didn't work because the last 10 digits is 780-414-4625 which is actually the OEG customer service number. Anyone else get that call?
I got 5 calls in succession in a 10 min span. The first two displayed as the Russian number above, the next displayed as 1 (780) 414-4625 and then two displayed as 17804144625. I didn't answer the first two, and tried to answer the next two with nothing on the other end. No voicemails left at all. I'm just going chalk it up to the Oilers having a really pathetic automated call system, to go along with the rest of the pathetic organization.

Reactions: I am the Liquor
Oct 15, 2008
I got 5 calls in succession in a 10 min span. The first two displayed as the Russian number above, the next displayed as 1 (780) 414-4625 and then two displayed as 17804144625. I didn't answer the first two, and tried to answer the next two with nothing on the other end. No voicemails left at all. I'm just going chalk it up to the Oilers having a really pathetic automated call system, to go along with the rest of the pathetic organization.

giphy.gif

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Damn it I shouldn't have renewed so early, would have loved to chat with Nuge :laugh:

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

That was a recording? I thought it was the real RNH with a genuine, heartfelt phone call wishing me a return to Oilers Nation next year. I am in shock.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
I vowed not to renew, I've had enough of the losing.

I changed my mind and have signed up for one more year, I'm a sucker for punishment, i suppose. I did like the World Junior ticket option.

Does anyone know if you take both junior packages, does that mean you get every Canada game??

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

I changed my mind and have signed up for one more year, I'm a sucker for punishment, i suppose. I did like the World Junior ticket option.

Does anyone know if you take both junior packages, does that mean you get every Canada game??

I'm stoked for the World Juniors, great hockey. Will definitely buy one of the packages.

Not sure it's worth it to buy both, you usually get so many filler games that you'd be better off to just buy game day or resale tickets. (At least this was my experience when I bought a package when they were in Toronto)

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
What’s the cost on the world junior packages? I just bought quarter, semi, bronze and gold tickets to this years for $125 CAD.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

I believe so. Both packages have 2 Canadian round robin games - I'm assuming they won't include the same games for logistical reasons. And I don't believe the round robin is any longer that 4 games.

So to answer your question - yes, it would seem buying both packages gets you tickets to all the games Canada plays.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Just need a twitter update that the Oilers sent Lowe to Belize and I'll be happy. Still won't renew but I may be on board with the plan.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
People who think the OEG are ripping STH w high concession prices are right. But tell that to literally every other major league sporting team in North America other than the Atlanta Falcons.
Every arena charges absurdly high concession prices. And that doesn’t make it right. It just makes it a reality.
One of the nice things about visiting venues in Canada with Tims stands: price is basically the same as you would pay at the store outside the stadium/arena. Freaking places like MSG or Citi Field want $6 for a crappy small cup of Dunkin.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
With respect to resale tickets (and I don’t sell mine so I don’t know how it works) aren’t the Oilers putting a lower limit on how cheap a ticket can be resold on Ticketmaster to be no lower than the STH price? And if so then doesn’t that alleviate the problem of a STH getting their cost back less fees? Like I said I am not sure how that all works.
The problem is that it will drive people to other secondary sites where people can buy for less, thus defeating the whole purpose.

Reactions: mullet

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
One of the nice things about visiting venues in Canada with Tims stands: price is basically the same as you would pay at the store outside the stadium/arena. Freaking places like MSG or Citi Field want $6 for a crappy small cup of Dunkin.

We don’t have Timmy’s in Rogers but Arizona would set up a Timmy’s stand and the lineups were a mile long and all the Canadians would be there. I won’t even harken a Timmy’s drive through here so I didn’t bother with a Timmy’s down there at a game with a 5 mile line up.

I know at MSG I was practically arrested for daring to buy 2 beers for myself but the night before in Meadowlands they wanted my wife to buy an entire bottle of wine to take to her seat and my 2 beers were the massive 24 oz babies.

Strange how 2 arenas 30 miles apart have such different rules.

Reactions: sabremike

lazyriver

Jan 1, 2019
We had the Russia call from RNH as well reminding us to renew. Didn't work though, we still aren't renewing. Have decided to take the $18k and travel to other venues this winter i.e.: catch the Oilers in Arizona, LA, Anaheim. If we can't get tickets we'll just take a 3 or 4 day break. Last year was the final straw for us after 13 years of agony, driving 1 1/2 hrs each way, constantly being promised a better team next year, the revolving door of coaches and management, the absolutely ridiculous trades and contracts made in desperation. It never seemed to end with this management and now with where Chia left us cap wise I can't see it changing for a while. Like a lot of STH we hung on because of the new building then signed up for 3 years. Once you've been there a few times it's not a big deal especially if it's to watch the team lose another one, coupled with the worst concessions in the NHL we can do without it. So rather than invest our money in the Oilers we're going to invest it in ourselves. Will always be a fan just from a distance now.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
We had the Russia call from RNH as well reminding us to renew. Didn't work though, we still aren't renewing. Have decided to take the $18k and travel to other venues this winter i.e.: catch the Oilers in Arizona, LA, Anaheim. If we can't get tickets we'll just take a 3 or 4 day break. Last year was the final straw for us after 13 years of agony, driving 1 1/2 hrs each way, constantly being promised a better team next year, the revolving door of coaches and management, the absolutely ridiculous trades and contracts made in desperation. It never seemed to end with this management and now with where Chia left us cap wise I can't see it changing for a while. Like a lot of STH we hung on because of the new building then signed up for 3 years. Once you've been there a few times it's not a big deal especially if it's to watch the team lose another one, coupled with the worst concessions in the NHL we can do without it. So rather than invest our money in the Oilers we're going to invest it in ourselves. Will always be a fan just from a distance now.

I'm glad the door has finally started revolving again. Wish it was "revolving" a lot more over the last 13 years.

Otherwise, fair comment and wish you the best in future endeavours.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
It was a tough decision but ultimately decided not to renew. 50% tax write off gone but in the end just felt it was the right thing to do.

To those who renewed-good luck and hopefully they turned it around. For me my local bars will get my money as I go out to eat and drink and watch Oiler hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad