Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabOil

Aug 2, 2005
Yes I will renew.

it should be a fun time to be an Oiler ticket holder and fan!

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
So you both have seats already but are also on the wait list waiting to get seats you want?

Did I read that right?

No, not quite. I can see how it could be confusing.

I am currently a season ticket holder who would like to get additional season seats; the only way that I am aware to do so is to be on the waiting list. Seems fair to me.

I've been on the list for a couple of years.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I definitely plan on renewing mine. Took a bath holding on to them in the lean years, hoping a time like this would come and now that it has, I can't imagine much turnover. The only thing I'd like to change is the idiots staggered the seats, which for viewing I get, and my cup holder is about 3-4 inches into the next persons seat and as the last person in the row, I basically never get to use mine. Paying an extra $500 a year for an aisle seat seems like you should at least get to use your damn cup holder haha. I'd love to move one row up or down.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I definitely plan on renewing mine. Took a bath holding on to them in the lean years, hoping a time like this would come and now that it has, I can't imagine much turnover. The only thing I'd like to change is the idiots staggered the seats, which for viewing I get, and my cup holder is about 3-4 inches into the next persons seat and as the last person in the row, I basically never get to use mine. Paying an extra $500 a year for an aisle seat seems like you should at least get to use your damn cup holder haha. I'd love to move one row up or down.

It's reason like yours that it would be nice to do the relocations actually in Rogers place like they used to do back in the day at Rexall. However, I know how much of a pain it is getting everyone down there compared to a few clicks from your computer.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Hoping I can get a little help here. I live in Newfoundland and have been cheering for the Oilers since the early 90's. A good buddy of mine, who is a Habs fan, was in Edmonton visiting his brother back in October and managed to purchase opening night tickets for Rogers Center against the Flames.

Being one of the only Oilers fans my buddy knows and knowing I would probably appreciate it more than he would, he decided he would give me the opening night commemorative metal ticket and t-shirt he received for going to the opener.

So I'd like to get him something in return for his nice gesture. At first I was just thinking about getting him a bottle of whiskey or rum or something like that but I was a little worried it wasn't enough and I'd seem cheap lol. Basically what I'm wondering is how much this piece of memorabilia is actually worth or how much people in Alberta are selling them for? If I knew how much they're worth on the market I'd have a better idea how much I should spend on my buddy. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Just for the record, I'm in now way looking to sell the ticket.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Hoping I can get a little help here. I live in Newfoundland and have been cheering for the Oilers since the early 90's. A good buddy of mine, who is a Habs fan, was in Edmonton visiting his brother back in October and managed to purchase opening night tickets for Rogers Center against the Flames.

Being one of the only Oilers fans my buddy knows and knowing I would probably appreciate it more than he would, he decided he would give me the opening night commemorative metal ticket and t-shirt he received for going to the opener.

So I'd like to get him something in return for his nice gesture. At first I was just thinking about getting him a bottle of whiskey or rum or something like that but I was a little worried it wasn't enough and I'd seem cheap lol. Basically what I'm wondering is how much this piece of memorabilia is actually worth or how much people in Alberta are selling them for? If I knew how much they're worth on the market I'd have a better idea how much I should spend on my buddy. Thanks in advance!

I haven't heard of anyone selling them. I don't think they would be worth much. There are almost 20000 of them and the amount of people that care about something like this enough to spend money would be pretty small.

Five bucks?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

A bottle of scotch is all you need. Its a nice souvenir, but the value of it is intrinsic to your relationship with this person. It truly is the thought (him thinking you'd appreciate it) that counts here.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I haven't heard of anyone selling them but I do know a couple who are having them framed along with a print or something so they are getting some respect as a collectors item. A bottle of something is about right, just make sure you get his favourite, it's the thought that counts going both ways on this one.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
A bottle of scotch is all you need. Its a nice souvenir, but the value of it is intrinsic to your relationship with this person. It truly is the thought (him thinking you'd appreciate it) that counts here.

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much what I was thinking but then I noticed someone trying to auction one off on ebay for around $200 and was like "Holy $hit!"
Didn't think a $20 bottle of Wisers would cut it lol.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much what I was thinking but then I noticed someone trying to auction one off on ebay for around $200 and was like "Holy $hit!"
Didn't think a $20 bottle of Wisers would cut it lol.

Saw one on eBay for around $150. Someone offered me $100 for mine but I wasn't looking to sell so I declined.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Someone i know was bragging that they got first dibs on concert tickets due to being a season ticket holder. Even before amex and fan club presale access. Can this be true?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Someone i know was bragging that they got first dibs on concert tickets due to being a season ticket holder. Even before amex and fan club presale access. Can this be true?

I believe if you have certain seats (ie. Loge, Club, Theatre box) you have first dibs. Other than that, no.

But if I'm wrong please let me know. I'd love to have early access to shows.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009

If you have club season seats then you get first dibs on the same number of seats as you have for Oilers games in the club section for any other event at Rogers. Not sure how Loge, SN club etc is handled but I think it's the same deal.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
If you have club season seats then you get first dibs on the same number of seats as you have for Oilers games in the club section for any other event at Rogers. Not sure how Loge, SN club etc is handled but I think it's the same deal.

Ty. For the info.
I think that really sucks and isn't fair. But it is what it is.
Arena is supposed to be for all. Not tier one oilers fans first.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ty. For the info.
I think that really sucks and isn't fair. But it is what it is.
Arena is supposed to be for all. Not tier one oilers fans first.

Katz is in charge and he has segregated the entire complex...no access to the more expensive levels if you are in the cheaper level.

So that he has factored in preferential access to event tickets for some season ticket holders really doesn't surprise me much.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Katz is in charge and he has segregated the entire complex...no access to the more expensive levels if you are in the cheaper level.

So that he has factored in preferential access to event tickets for some season ticket holders really doesn't surprise me much.

Which is consistent with pretty much every major building in North America.

Someone in the 200s should have the same perks and access as people paying $63k a year for Oilers games?

At Rexall for the last 20 years, did everyone have access to club area? sky boxes?

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton

Our firm has a Loge set and we get first dibs on those seats for all events. For instance, we got them for all of the Garth Brooks shows.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Which is consistent with pretty much every major building in North America.

Someone in the 200s should have the same perks and access as people paying $63k a year for Oilers games?

At Rexall for the last 20 years, did everyone have access to club area? sky boxes?

Rogers is much more segregated than Rexall was...its been overextended IMO.
As an example at Rexall I could sit in the upper level and watch the game but bring my son down to ice level to watch the warmup. It makes for a more enjoyable experience for all fans especially young fans.

Rogers doesnt allow that.

Last edited:

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Rogers is much more segregated than Rexall was...its been overextended IMO.
As an example at Rexall I could sit in the upper level and watch the game but bring my son down to ice level to watch the warmup. It makes for a more enjoyable experience for all fans especially young fans.

Rogers doesnt allow that.

thats weird cause i have got tickets in the upper bowl but went down right to the glass for warmups. only section i couldnt go down was gold as they checked tickets there.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
thats weird cause i have got tickets in the upper bowl but went down right to the glass for warmups. only section i couldnt go down was gold as they checked tickets there.

Good to know. Perhaps the usher that stopped us shouldn't have. i will find out for sure next week.

That being said the level of segregation at Rogers far surpasses anything at Rexall.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Good to know. Perhaps the usher that stopped us shouldn't have. i will find out for sure next week.

That being said the level of segregation at Rogers far surpasses anything at Rexall.

I have checked out warm ups many times without a lower bowl ticket. Like someone said before, only section you can't enter are the clubs seats (which is unfortunate for your son as there is no netting there so players often throw over pucks for kids. But if you go to the corner where there is that hole for the camera, I have seen players hand pucks through that.)

Hope your son gets to see them up close this time!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have checked out warm ups many times without a lower bowl ticket. Like someone said before, only section you can't enter are the clubs seats (which is unfortunate for your son as there is no netting there so players often throw over pucks for kids. But if you go to the corner where there is that hole for the camera, I have seen players hand pucks through that.)

Hope your son gets to see them up close this time!

Thanks man.

We are going to try again next week. My son is a teenager now so its not as big a deal as it would have been a few years ago.
Things like that matter to kids. At Rexall we could sit in the Blues and purchase a pass to go down to ice level and watch the team walking out on to the ice from the dressing room. That is also a thing of the past in the new building as I understand it.
Its part of the deal when a new building is constructed....loge seating (restricted access) and the like become the domain for corporations who give their tickets to clients who arent really Oiler fans. The building generates lots of revenue that way but it really takes away from the atmosphere and lessens the game experience.

Money rules.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I love that Rogers is segregated. There is a price point for all fans now.

The only nicer rink in the whole world is Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad