Season Suspended - Hockey Discussion thread

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I just paid for the first two rounds of the playoffs already and I am supposed to be in Europe in September....I vote NO to playoffs in September!!!
Seriously if it were to come to that I would probably cancel the trip and watch the playoffs.

That sucks.
Although if the worst thing you have to worry about is picking the playoffs over a trip to Europe I'd suggest you should be pretty happy about that. :nod:

Reactions: Yeah15

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That sucks.
Although if the worst thing you have to worry about is picking the playoffs over a trip to Europe I'd suggest you should be pretty happy about that. :nod:

We will see I suppose. If I can keep my parents and father in law alive through all of this I will be a pretty happy camper. They are like herding cats.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Some potentially positive news....maybe something to look forward to.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I just paid for the first two rounds of the playoffs already and I am supposed to be in Europe in September....I vote NO to playoffs in September!!!
Seriously if it were to come to that I would probably cancel the trip and watch the playoffs.
I have a trip to Europe at the end of August, hoping travelling is possible by then.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I hope they start playing again, empty stadiums, players cleared after 2 week isolation. Lot of people would be tuning in. With the States being an absolute shit show I think this will not happen.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I wouldnt even let Marchand lick the Hart trophy
Stanely cup challenge

2010-08-20-kiss-e1372283368110.jpg

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I hope they start playing again, empty stadiums, players cleared after 2 week isolation. Lot of people would be tuning in. With the States being an absolute shit show I think this will not happen.

I think the USA in a month is going to be in such rough shape there won't be any chance of a finished season.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

This blithering idiot is at it again.

I do agree with him on Marchand being up there at least. Pasta gets a lot of attention but one of the big reasons Pasta can freewheel all night and rack up points is how amazing Marchand is in every aspect of the game in all zones. And Marchand still racks up points at nearly the same rate. Bergeron also helps of course, but IMO Marchand is the best player on that line.

I hope McDavid and Drai start working hard in our end again when hockey resumes. I can't argue with the basic comment that their defensive games were poor this year. I can't ignore what I saw, they were not putting the kind of effort they did in years past, it was clear, and it showed up in the stats as well.

I think it started last season when Hitch started to play them infinity minutes per game. They started to adjust, realizing that if they didn't score, the team would never win, and they just didn't have the energy to spend in our zone with all the minutes. It did continue into this season, and Tippett played them to death too. Need to hit the reset button somehow, starting with having proper depth in this lineup.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
For all of us hockey starved fans Sportsnet is playing game #5 of the 2017 series against San Jose.
7:00 pm start time...Saturday March 21st.

Its not much but its something anyway. :nod:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
For all of us hockey starved fans Sportsnet is playing game #5 of the 2017 series against San Jose.
7:00 pm start time...Saturday March 21st.

Its not much but its something anyway. :nod:
As long as that's not the game the Oilers lost 8-0 or whatever it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad