Season Suspended - Hockey Discussion thread

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Interesting discussion about Yamamoto, the Wingers the Oilers have pissed away since 2006, and the Oilers PP.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think he should be able to recognize handedness right away though. So there really isn't a great excuse for mixing up Benning and RNH like he did that one time, haha.

I still remember about 10 years ago or so I was listening to an Oilers game on CHED as I was at work.

Rod suddenly started referring to a player as "Krushelnyski" for an entire shift :laugh: .I'm guessing it was Erik Cole as he wore #26.

I thought I hit a timewarp somewhere and went back in time.

I wish Rod could call games forever.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

On Dec. 27, general manager Ken Holland, assistant general manager Keith Gretzky, director of salary cap management and assistant to the president Bill Scott, coach Dave Tippett and his staff sat together for two hours in the coaches office at Rogers Place to brainstorm after a 5-1 loss to the Calgary Flames was the Oilers' eighth in 10 games.

"We knew that we had to try to do something, so we called up (forward) Kailer Yamamoto (from the American Hockey League) and the coach made a decision that he was going to separate (forwards) Leon [Draisaitl] and Connor [McDavid]," Holland said. "From that point in time ... Yamamoto came up and found chemistry with Leon, and we had Leon on one line and Connor on another, and it made it a little more difficult for the opposition matchups."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad