Season Suspended - Hockey Discussion thread

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So when they inevitably cancel the season and playoffs, I wonder if they’ll consider voiding the trades that involved pending UFA players at the deadline?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Another Cult of Hockey podcast.
Interesting questions regarding buyouts. Possible compliance buyout for Neal?
Perhaps someone on here can clarify on whether or not the Oilers would benefit by $750,000 if the Flames were to buyout Lucic.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I hate to be a negative Nelly, but I can't see the season being finished. As a matter of fact, I could see the beginning of next season being played in empty stadiums, if in fact, it goes forward.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I hate to be a negative Nelly, but I can't see the season being finished. As a matter of fact, I could see the beginning of next season being played in empty stadiums, if in fact, it goes forward.
I don’t think your being negative at all, we are just starting to see the Virus here, even if we were to say peak in what Mid April- May? I have no doubt gatherings over 50 are banned well into the summer, even when people are starting to trickle back into some normalcy.

I’m supposed to get married in August, but we’ve decided to hold off on invites for now because more than likely we are going to end with a very small, if not just the 2 of us, wedding

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

emoji-eye-smiley-heart-clip-art-eyes.jpg

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I know there’s a lot bigger and more important things in the world right but that article on Chiarelli that Garrioch wrote is f***in terrible.

chia sucks and has absolutely no clue. Oilers Nation does a pretty good job breaking it down and calling that muppet out on his bullshit.

honestly, f*** that guy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Dont buy into the hysteria...I am willing to bet that we see the continuation of this season by mid to late summer.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is Randorf actually an Oilers fan? He pumps his fists there quite a bit after McDavid scored, lol.

I think he was just getting into his emotional call of the goal.
Its a great moment. :nod:

Oh...and does he have a great job or what?!

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think he was just getting into his emotional call of the goal.
Its a great moment. :nod:

Oh...and does he have a great job or what?!

One thing I could never get. How do they see the jersey numbers from up there at that angle?

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Randorf gets a lot of flack, but I like him. He's got a great goal voice IMO.

I saw the Athletic twitter post that Chiarelli wants to be a GM again. It was paywalled so I ignored it, but from the blurb it doesn't seem like he's learned anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->