Post-Game Talk: Season Over, Jets Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Wow what a post-game by Bowness. That to me sounds like a coach who was like "what the hell was that?" I was waiting and wondering if he was going to call them out, sorta did by saying "their top players were better than ours". You guys think he will be having a word with Chevy and tell him who should stay and who should go, since he's the one in the room with them, on the ice for practice with them and not worrying about the waiver wire?

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Wow what a post-game by Bowness. That to me sounds like a coach who was like "what the hell was that?" I was waiting and wondering if he was going to call them out, sorta did by saying "their top players were better than ours". You guys think he will be having a word with Chevy and tell him who should stay and who should go, since he's the one in the room with them, on the ice for practice with them and not worrying about the waiver wire?
He either just quit , asked to be fired or if he has Chipmans ear the core will be dismantled!
Truth bombs dropped. He sees what the majority has been seeing!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Hissy fit? He's just publicly calling out this lazy bunch and saying the same that most people have been thinking about this team for the last 3 months.
Was tonight the culmination of the laziness? Whose job was it to get them past that? It's deflection and lashing out when it's him who failed to get more out of the group

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm sure they'll try to replace those players with adequate replacements and not outright tank but the reality is that any replacements will be downgrades at least talent-wise. It will be worse before it gets better but I really don't think we're that far off of where we were in 14-15 and we peaked only a couple of seasons later.
Have you played Red Dead Redemption before?

Reactions: TEH FIRST NOEL

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I am not saying they are world beaters but they had 3 top-6 players and their 1D hurt while going up against a healthy roster, how many other teams can say that? I think if Morrissey and Scheifele don't go down they still could have won a round.
Uh, NO!

Jets bantam sized D isn’t playoff built, even when healthy they have 4 legit. top 6 F and two of those guys are mostly invisible when the tough gets going!

to say Helly was a disappointment is a huge understatement

the teams epic second half collapse is more on Chevy than Bones, Jets lack both talent and character!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Could've been the most important 45 seconds for this team in a long time
If it means we clean house, I agree. Either way, Bones kicking the players at their lowest moment is toxic af and nobody is going to respond well to it. I hope management has the good sense to realize it.

Reactions: rkp

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Was tonight the culmination of the laziness? Whose job was it to get them past that? It's deflection and lashing out when it's him who failed to get more out of the group
That is a bit unfair, low hanging fruit, ...remember Pomo quit on this team, so should it be so surprising that a team/players quit on this team without any repercussions........

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
If it means we clean house, I agree. Either way, Bones kicking the players at their lowest moment is toxic af and nobody is going to respond well to it. I hope management has the good sense to realize it.
Absolute garbage post I'm going to keep calling out your shit posts with regards to that presser. Bones had the balls to say what was needed to be said, which was the goddamn truth.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

If it's been since February they haven't been responding to him for awhile. Thats 3 coaches they've tuned out and think that they know better than. Which side is the common denominator here

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Good on Bowness calling like it is. Upper management can't use injuries as excuses anymore. There needs to be change when you have such a weak minded team. You are down and in an elimination game, no pushback whatsoever. He's right, there was no pride, top players a bunch of no shows. You can't compete when you have players who don't give a shit anymore. Just shows what has been going on since February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad