Post-Game Talk: Season Over, Jets Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
It's a crappy way for the season to end, we have some highs in the first half, mostly lows in the second half and playoff success was just not in the cards for this group. What does the off season hold ? who knows but status quo cannot be an option. On a personal note it's been a pleasure conversing with you all, sad we can't keep it going for a little longer

View attachment 698177

Tonight's game get no Hammers but the posters on here get 5 so one last time

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

Lets do this all over again next season, hopefully with better results
Really enjoy your input @bustamente and those beer drinking gifs are primo, bellissimo.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Feels like it SHOULD be the end of an era.

I understand a rebuild is probably necessary but if the team is no good next year it'll be difficult for me to get invested in the individual games. I know people say they'd rather watch a team that's trying hard over a team like this with talent that doesn't use it but I'd like to exercise a third option which is watch neither choice.

I'm sure they'll try to replace those players with adequate replacements and not outright tank but the reality is that any replacements will be downgrades at least talent-wise. It will be worse before it gets better but I really don't think we're that far off of where we were in 14-15 and we peaked only a couple of seasons later.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I trust this is sarcasm. This core could never lead. Or win. Every team has bad luck and injury.

I am not saying they are world beaters but they had 3 top-6 players and their 1D hurt while going up against a healthy roster, how many other teams can say that? I think if Morrissey and Scheifele don't go down they still could have won a round.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Saying I’m disappointed is wrong if being disappointed would of meant I thought the outcome was going to be different.

Bring on the off-season changes and draft!

Personally I had low expectations going into the game and still somehow feel disappointed. It really just felt like a continuation of the regular season, there wasn't any playoff jump.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Posting this now so that everyone can bookmark this and hold me accountable if I don't follow through on it. If PLD is on the team to start the next season then I am not watching the Jets. I cannot stomach another season of watching that guy wear a Jets jersey!

Edit: I can accept cheering for guy who didn't want to be here but played his heart out each and every shift (Trouba). I can also accept a guy who wants to be here and works hard every shift even if he doesn't have the skill to pull everything off (Lowry). What I can't stand is a guy who doesn't wanna play for the Jets who half asses so many nights while he is in the prime of his career.
You’re talking about the New York Jets, right?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Lowry pretty emphatically in previous seasons refused to blame injuries for disappointing end of season and is kind of low-key blaming injuries for the Jets exit this time.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Laughable, you guys are all dreaming if you think a massive rebuild, or a build at all is happening. they will take 1 more run at it with the group they have left next year. Making the playoffs was the worst outcome for this team, it will allow Chevy another pass and no changes next year…
I hate to agree but I do. Loyalty to a fault and conservative decision making isn’t likely changing anytime soon. And the Chipman/Chevy bromance is not likely souring after two home playoff gates which is enough success for them to carry on.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm sure they'll try to replace those players with adequate replacements and not outright tank but the reality is that any replacements will be downgrades at least talent-wise. It will be worse before it gets better but I really don't think we're that far off of where we were in 14-15 and we peaked only a couple of seasons later.

They can try all they want but this is clearly a sinking ship and they're only going to get downgrades. I know Hellebuyck had a rough series but if he's not here next season, even with this exact same roster, the team is at least 6 points worse.

Reactions: surixon

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Well, it’s been quite the roller coaster ride this year with all of you fellow Jets fans.
Thanks for all the laughs and good times.
I’m looking forward to seeing all the roster changes coming our way this summer!

None

Feb 22, 2012
I was kinda optimistic but that went out the window 50 seconds in

Yeah, I might've been exaggerating a little by saying it was a continuation of the regular season. I think it'd be more fair to say a continuation of the last half of the season.

At least in the first half Hellebuyck was starting games on time and bailing the skaters out. Not the case in the latter half and playoffs as the wear and tear of the season clearly got to him.
Huge blunder not getting an adequate backup by Chevy. Hellebuyck's best seasons have had adequate backups taking some of the pressure and workload off of him.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I hate to agree but I do. Loyalty to a fault and conservative decision making isn’t likely changing anytime soon. And the Chipman/Chevy bromance is not likely souring after two home playoff gates which is enough success for them to carry on.

Dubois 55 37 and 26 (less so 26) aren't all being walked to free agency. Change is coming

Reactions: WolfgangPuck

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
going into the season with that many ufa's is not conservative at all

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Personally I had low expectations going into the game and still somehow feel disappointed. It really just felt like a continuation of the regular season, there wasn't any playoff jump.

Agreed

I mean I had zero expectations we would win the series, but playoffs are always fun so sucks it’s over but I knew we weren’t winning this series before it even started…..then injuries piled up and then it would of taken an act of god for us to win the series.

TBH LV isn’t even a good team, they would be roasted vs a good team. Congratulations to them, but they have no chance of going deep. But they still easily beat us, yes might have been tougher if we didn’t have all those injuries but oh well.

I’m super excited for summer changes, lots of them and then the draft.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Posting this now so that everyone can bookmark this and hold me accountable if I don't follow through on it. If PLD is on the team to start the next season then I am not watching the Jets. I cannot stomach another season of watching that guy wear a Jets jersey!

Edit: I can accept cheering for guy who didn't want to be here but played his heart out each and every shift (Trouba). I can also accept a guy who wants to be here and works hard every shift even if he doesn't have the skill to pull everything off (Lowry). What I can't stand is a guy who doesn't wanna play for the Jets who half asses so many nights while he is in the prime of his career.
To me he comes across as someone who flaunts his so called skill and reputation from the playoff series when he was with CBJ against the leafs...people tend to forget that it was the leafs they were playing!!!!!, "Hey look at me..see how good I am and I'm just half assing it"......just what any team needs, especially the jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad