Post-Game Talk: Season Over, Jets Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Laughable, you guys are all dreaming if you think a massive rebuild, or a build at all is happening. they will take 1 more run at it with the group they have left next year. Making the playoffs was the worst outcome for this team, it will allow Chevy another pass and no changes next year…

Very likely Dubois is traded.

If Hellebuyck and Schiefele resign… yep, Jets are gonna go for it again

Reactions: Ginger Papa

None

Feb 22, 2012
well a 1st line and a top 10 defensemen is a lot to overcome in a series

I wasn't really disagreeing with Lowry but it was interesting to hear his perspective change even though our coach in previous years was very quick to point to injuries.

And they can definitely point to injuries for the playoffs but the dramatic collapse in the regular season can't be excused.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Lowry pretty emphatically in previous seasons refused to blame injuries for disappointing end of season and is kind of low-key blaming injuries for the Jets exit this time.
Maybe having Ehlers from the beginning and not losing Scheifele and Joshua might of made the series closer we were not winning it, Vegas more talent better coaching was the difference as was a career backup out playing a former Vezina winner

None

Feb 22, 2012
Agreed

I mean I had zero expectations we would win the series, but playoffs are always fun so sucks it’s over but I knew we weren’t winning this series before it even started…..then injuries piled up and then it would of taken an act of god for us to win the series.

TBH LV isn’t even a good team, they would be roasted vs a good team. Congratulations to them, but they have no chance of going deep. But they still easily beat us, yes might have been tougher if we didn’t have all those injuries but oh well.

I’m super excited for summer changes, lots of them and then the draft.

Yep, Vegas is not the Blues. They don't look like a contender. I felt like we'd need a 1-0 game to win another once Scheifele went out and Hellebuyck just hasn't been up to the task.

And I'm not putting it all on Hellebuyck for his performance. As I've said he needed to play fewer regular season games.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Bingo! Have a great summer @Ggg99
And you as well @kanadalainen !
Looking forward to Bombers and fishing now.
You should spin a few Bomber poems on the Bomber thread. Love them!
1682659401125.png

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
TL; DR:

There will be plenty of time to discuss the off-season in the coming weeks, but for now I want to reflect on what this fleeting moment is, and how the efforts of mountains have produced just a funny little mouse.

RANT:

The thing that feels so bad about this loss in particular is that it isn't just an under-manned team putting in a lackluster effort facing difficult odds. There is so much more to it. This is 12 years of building slowly unraveling. This is a streak of 3 straight elimination games met with efforts. This is the rise and fall of our first draft pick, a dramatically unraveling elite center man. This is Buff abandoning this core of players, only to reveal bare cupboards and poor scouting (pro and amateur) in his wake. This is two lost years of Hellebuyck's prime wasted on non-playoff teams. This is the amazing sweep of the Oilers followed by the embarrassing sweep by the underdog Habs. This is rebuilding your d-core only to allow them to be coached by a guy who hadn't had this team playing with integrity for several years. This is that coach inexplicably quitting on his team, an unprecedented event, and flushing another season down the toilet (one that was already circling the drain). This is winning the draft lottery, drafting the most exciting young sniper in a decade, only to continue the downward metamorphosis, trading him for an inconsistent, seemingly spoiled, centremen who doesn't want to play for your team, who cannot drive a line, and who has shrunk when the team most needed him (yes, Laine was clearly flawed as well). This is finally again getting a coach that seemed to draw the best out of his players! ...for half a season before a cratering 21 game slide that revealed all the old issues that plagued this team for the previous 6 years. This is a remarkable game 1, where our elite players looked like elite players, followed by injury after injury after injury. This is the last chance of a core that we have discussed and argued about for over a decade, following their World Juniors performances, stat watching their amateur seasons, watching them play for the Moose. Everything seemed to be coming together again, for a final charge, but it all ended with a soft, whimper. A shallow gasp at a stroke of bad luck. There is so much threaded into this one loss it's making my head spin.

I don't post much, but still say thanks to all you fellas and ladies for sharing the insanity of pro sports in a small market with me.
IMG_4079.gif

Just kidding.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hope to see you Posting more next Season.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Bones can't be under contract past 9am tomorrow after that presser. Man's too old to have a hissy fit on tv.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
At the start if the season I didn't think they were a playoff team.

An unexpected run in the first half of the season raised everyone's expectations. The reality was that they feasted on the teams lower in the standings and never looked like a top team when playing the league's best.

I think Dubois, Hellebuyck, and likely Scheifele will be playing somewhere else next season.

Trade them for picks/top prospects and perhaps the team will be competitive again in three seasons.

The team needs a decent D core to compete and they haven't had a decent top 4 for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad