Post-Game Talk: Season Over, Jets Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
It's a crappy way for the season to end, we have some highs in the first half, mostly lows in the second half and playoff success was just not in the cards for this group. What does the off season hold ? who knows but status quo cannot be an option. On a personal note it's been a pleasure conversing with you all, sad we can't keep it going for a little longer

1682657007180.png

Tonight's game get no Hammers but the posters on here get 5 so one last time

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

Lets do this all over again next season, hopefully with better results

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Here is one last one for this crowd. What a good bunch you are, too.

tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of nice games past,
I sigh the lack of many a goal Lurch brought,
And as this game goes new wail my game time's waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in defeat's dateless night,
And weep afresh Jets’ fresh cancell'd show,
And moan the loss of many a high-priced wight:
Then can I grieve at Vegassed grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of a Galley-borne ecstacy moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear HF friends,
All losses are restor'd and sorrows surely end.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
IMG_4077.gif

Thank you @bustamente for all the PGT’s, win or lose this year.

Also thank you to @macmaroon & everyone who created GDT’s for our entertainment and information.

Finally, thanks to the Moderator Team for all your work and support in keeping HF Jets relatively clean & dealing with the trolls who visit / post.

Last edited:

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
TL; DR:

There will be plenty of time to discuss the off-season in the coming weeks, but for now I want to reflect on what this fleeting moment is, and how the efforts of mountains have produced just a funny little mouse.

RANT:

The thing that feels so bad about this loss in particular is that it isn't just an under-manned team putting in a lackluster effort facing difficult odds. There is so much more to it. This is 12 years of building slowly unraveling. This is a streak of 3 straight elimination games met with efforts. This is the rise and fall of our first draft pick, a dramatically unraveling elite center man. This is Buff abandoning this core of players, only to reveal bare cupboards and poor scouting (pro and amateur) in his wake. This is two lost years of Hellebuyck's prime wasted on non-playoff teams. This is the amazing sweep of the Oilers followed by the embarrassing sweep by the underdog Habs. This is rebuilding your d-core only to allow them to be coached by a guy who hadn't had this team playing with integrity for several years. This is that coach inexplicably quitting on his team, an unprecedented event, and flushing another season down the toilet (one that was already circling the drain). This is winning the draft lottery, drafting the most exciting young sniper in a decade, only to continue the downward metamorphosis, trading him for an inconsistent, seemingly spoiled, centremen who doesn't want to play for your team, who cannot drive a line, and who has shrunk when the team most needed him (yes, Laine was clearly flawed as well). This is finally again getting a coach that seemed to draw the best out of his players! ...for half a season before a cratering 21 game slide that revealed all the old issues that plagued this team for the previous 6 years. This is a remarkable game 1, where our elite players looked like elite players, followed by injury after injury after injury. This is the last chance of a core that we have discussed and argued about for over a decade, following their World Juniors performances, stat watching their amateur seasons, watching them play for the Moose. Everything seemed to be coming together again, for a final charge, but it all ended with a soft, whimper. A shallow gasp at a stroke of bad luck. There is so much threaded into this one loss it's making my head spin.

I don't post much, but still say thanks to all you fellas and ladies for sharing the insanity of pro sports in a small market with me.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Posting this now so that everyone can bookmark this and hold me accountable if I don't follow through on it. If PLD is on the team to start the next season then I am not watching the Jets. I cannot stomach another season of watching that guy wear a Jets jersey!

Edit: I can accept cheering for guy who didn't want to be here but played his heart out each and every shift (Trouba). I can also accept a guy who wants to be here and works hard every shift even if he doesn't have the skill to pull everything off (Lowry). What I can't stand is a guy who doesn't wanna play for the Jets who half asses so many nights while he is in the prime of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad