Post-Game Talk: Season Over.... errr.. PREseason over.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
There was nothing wrong with the hit on Bickel.

There was nothing wrong with Mashinter going after Nolan.

There was everything wrong with Nolan acting like what-did-I-do Avery style. You want to lay big hits? Great. But don't try to be a physical player and then not have the stones to back it up.

Stones to back up what exactly? If its a clean hit why should he have to fight?

If Bickel doesn't want to get lit up like that then move the puck faster. He had no reason to stick-handle it once.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Another question to Blue Blooded, Ola and the rest of us €urotrash NYR followers - have you guys been watching these preseason games played at these ridiculous times? I have seen every minute live --- PUKE --- and still try to run a pretty big resort as my day job. What a waste of time it has been.
None of the kids IMO stick out above the vet regulars - which I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing right now as the vets have been pretty bad all around. Fast looks the best and most ready IMO, then Miller, Lindberg, Allen, Hrivik, Mashinter and last of the fwds unfortunately Kreider. What is up wit his hockey sense, consistency and feel for finding the right spaces/opening up for getting the puck with some speed? Everybody seems to need Stepans passing back asap. Then the last player to judge is D Falk who has been a big disappointment so far.
Welcome back to the big club Mr Bickel btw :help: Interesting couple of days of roster moves coming up

This applies when he's being C w/Boyle.
Notice how he suddenly has a lot more hockey sense w/Miller, who can keep up w/him?

Kreider-Miller-Callahan that's the ticket!

16 To Stanley*

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i was fine with that play by Nolan. Dare I say, I thought it was smart..

Bardof425*

He got beat on a great move by one of the best forwards in the league. Stralman has been the 2nd best defenseman in the preseason behind Staal.

and even if that's true and it's not what does it matter? He is our number 5 or 6 period.

Bardof425*

He got schooled, no question about it.

It happens to every defenceman from time to time. Would Girardi have handled that particular situation better? Probably.

I still prefer the defenceman that allows 11% less shots on goal against.

To evaluate a player's true value you cannot get bogged down into individual situations, you need to look at the whole picture.

But he sure got schooled by Kopitar there, I'm not denying that.

Also, I'm curious why you bring up Strålman when there wasn't even a hint of mentioning him in the post you quoted. I was talking about the Nash/Hagelin chemistry.

I bring up Stralman because you always bring up Stralman. I like Anton and want him to do well. But, it annoys me some when he is compared to guys like McD, Staal and Girardi cause he has a long way to go to climb into that class.

Bardof425*

Blame the NHL. Nolan was rewarded by giving his team a PP. He would have been an idiot to react to Mashinter when he knew he would be penalized. Mashinter handi-capped his team for being upset with a clean hit. Stupid.

Even in a pre-season game? Nah

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Thank God this horrendous PREseason is over. Cannot get worse than this. 5,1% shooting percentage. Lovely

dear lord....

we're at the bottom of that list on just about every stat...

30th in GF
30th in GAA
25th in GA
30th in Shooting Percentage
27th in PPG

I mean, you CANNOT play any worse than that...

We also went 1-5-0 in preseason... that is definitely bottom of the pack...

Dear lord, if we keep playing like this, we're in deep ****

But again, to be fair, we have alot working against us...

We didn't have: Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, a useful Nash, a useful Richards, Basically, 2 top lines)
We also had the worst preseason schedule a team could possibly get. 2 games, then 5 days off, then 4 games in 5 days with an average of several hundred miles between each game, some had to be flown back to back...

So, again, although there "might" be reason to panic, I'm not convinced that there is yet any reason to do so just yet... Theres alot of other factors in here beyond anyones control

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
dear lord....

we're at the bottom of that list on just about every stat...

30th in GF
30th in GAA
25th in GA
30th in Shooting Percentage
27th in PPG

I mean, you CANNOT play any worse than that...

We also went 1-5-0 in preseason... that is definitely bottom of the pack...

Dear lord, if we keep playing like this, we're in deep ****

But again, to be fair, we have alot working against us...

We didn't have: Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, a useful Nash, a useful Richards, Basically, 2 top lines)
We also had the worst preseason schedule a team could possibly get. 2 games, then 5 days off, then 4 games in 5 days with an average of several hundred miles between each game, some had to be flown back to back...

So, again, although there "might" be reason to panic, I'm not convinced that there is yet any reason to do so just yet... Theres alot of other factors in here beyond anyones control

add to that: one of the greatest goalies in the world unable to stop a beach ball..

I don't care much about the stats you posted, but I admit to being a bit worried about the stars (McD, Hank, Nash) playing like crap. Especially with guys like Callahan out and Stepan not in game shape. There are some huge question marks, for sure.

AV got a couple of days to get them going. They'll probably do just fine but if they get a crappy start I know I'm going to start to freak out as well..

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
add to that: one of the greatest goalies in the world unable to stop a beach ball..

I don't care much about the stats you posted, but I admit to being a bit worried about the stars (McD, Hank, Nash) playing like crap. Especially with guys like Callahan out and Stepan not in game shape. There are some huge question marks, for sure.

AV got a couple of days to get them going. They'll probably do just fine but if they get a crappy start I know I'm going to start to freak out as well..

don't.

AV's teams are notoriously slow starters. He's new here and still has some work to do, we're on a 9 game road trip, and still missing two very important top 6 players. I actually fully expect a slow start. Now not something like going 1-8, something like 4-5 or 3-6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad