Post-Game Talk: Season Over.... errr.. PREseason over.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Things I saw:

Allen is a seriously legitimate prospect who I would say should make the team if we needed a d-man.

Kreider finally played assertive hockey and looked good doing it.

Fast looked very good.

Miller looked very good.

Hrivik looked very good.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I liked what I saw from the youngins, Asham, and Hank in the 3rd period. What I didn't like, basically everything else.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I thought they played terrible until the third period. kreider looked good. nash needs to shoot the puck more! hank looked wayyy better in the third

Agreed on your last line. It's like Hank was mostly asleep the first two periods and then woke up and realized there was a game going on.

I'm not worried about Hank, though.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
i thought the young guys looked the best. I like Lindberg and fast but they probably need some more seasoning. Miller and Kreider looked the best and if they both are here they should play together since they seem to ahve good chemistry

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
just wondering anybody have real faith in Richards after this preseason? I still do, not much though.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
just wondering anybody have real faith in Richards after this preseason? I still do, not much though.
he looks like he did last year nothign has really changed. I mean maybe i misse dit but did he make one clean pass during the whole preseason. Maybe he has reached his limit, i knew giving him a 9 year deal was crazy

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Richards made a few good plays..hes an assist guy..when his linemates dont finish, he wont get points.

Our team looks totally discombobulated...they don't know where to go the vast majority of the time. they look like a team that needs some serious coaching. to me it seems as if they are caught in between systems.

watching this preseason has made me realize one thing... if you want a radical transition from one type of system to another, you better be willing to deal with that transition time, because a team playing in between systems...pretty much looks like we have this entire preseason.....effing terrible, and yet somehow still better than the Flyers.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Richards made a few good plays..hes an assist guy..when his linemates dont finish, he wont get points.

Our team looks totally discombobulated...they don't know where to go the vast majority of the time. they look like a team that needs some serious coaching. to me it seems as if they are caught in between systems.

watching this preseason has made me realize one thing... if you want a radical transition from one type of system to another, you better be willing to deal with that transition time, because a team playing in between systems...pretty much looks like we have this entire preseason.....effing terrible, and yet somehow still better than the Flyers.

Lol at the last sentence:laugh:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The young guys all played pretty well but apart from Miller I think they're all heading for Hartford--that includes Kreider. If I were to guess Mashinter stays because the Rangers want him around for size and toughness and he'd have to pass through waivers. Rangers are going to do what they've done in the past--make choices dependent on protecting vets who would have to pass through waivers. The exception IMO will be Powe who they'll try to move.

I like a lot of these guys though--Kreider, Miller, Fast, Hrivik, Lindberg, Allen, McIlrath and even Kristo, Yogan, Haley, Talbot and Mashinter. They all offer something and some of them are very, very close.

Guys I think we need to dump asap--Richards, Pyatt, Powe, Bickel, Bourque, Wilson, Johnson and maybe Jean.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Well, we'll always have Philadelphia...

Liked what I saw from the young forwards. The defensemen were awful tonight although DZ started playing better as the night wore on. Lundqvist started looking like himself in the final seconds of the 2nd period when he stopped that breakaway and was solid in the 3rd.

Not sure what Nash's obsession is with attempting to deke around defenders and then making a bad pass that results in a turnover. He is our best goalscorer and will need to shoot the puck a lot more. I would rather he shoot the puck and use the defensemen as a screen as opposed to trying to skate around them.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
The young guys all played pretty well but apart from Miller I think they're all heading for Hartford--that includes Kreider. If I were to guess Mashinter stays because the Rangers want him around for size and toughness and he'd have to pass through waivers. Rangers are going to do what they've done in the past--make choices dependent on protecting vets who would have to pass through waivers. The exception IMO will be Powe who they'll try to move.

I like a lot of these guys though--Kreider, Miller, Fast, Hrivik, Lindberg, Allen, McIlrath and even Kristo, Yogan, Haley, Talbot and Mashinter. They all offer something and some of them are very, very close.

Guys I think we need to dump asap--Richards, Pyatt, Powe, Bickel, Bourque, Wilson, Johnson and maybe Jean.

Didn´t you know - Broadway Brad has put last year behind him and is going to prove he is worthy of his bloated contract now??? PUKE

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Mashinter has been, consistently, one of our worst people on the ice everytime he plays.

I'm including both teams, the refs, and the people that clean up the ice during the commercials.

im not sure what people see in this guy...he sucks.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Meh, not really worried. a LOT of talent in this line up. Five days and a bunch of work to do.

16 To Stanley*

Mashinter has been, consistently, one of our worst people on the ice everytime he plays.

I'm including both teams, the refs, and the people that clean up the ice during the commercials.

im not sure what people see in this guy...he sucks.

Some Rangers fans on here will never get over the Rangers toughness need....

Mashinter is an AHL player at best. He is trash. You want to keep tough guys on the roster there are three legitimate options.

Asham
Dorsett
Haley

Other than that, no tough guy should be near the lineup unless we trade for a new one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not necessarily the results, just the culture that I can't stand anymore.

No powerplay
Disappointing stars
Can't score more than once
Can't finish chances
Stupid penalties
Get pushed around by big players

These are the same problems for literally decades. We wait all summer and then 6 games of all that same stuff and it just makes you wanna give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad